Posted October 04, 2014
I enrolled my twin 2 year olds (boy and girl) this fall. All I can tell you is that my children LOVE this place. When we drop them off, they run with smiles into the classroom and quickly get engaged in some learning activity. From my observations so far- and granted, it's limited- the faculty and staff seem highly invested in this school. By that I mean that many of them have worked there not for years but for decades. That means something as far as I'm concerned. Faculty and staff are accessible, and what can I say...they're flat out nice people top to bottom. Academics? I'm not an expert in that area, but I'm not expecting them to come out of preschool with an understanding of condensed particle physics. I want to see that my children have a thriving curiosity about the world around them. This school seems to employ a pedagogical philosophy that encourages that. The campus is spectacular. Not the buildings, which are fine, but the setting and landscaping. It is truly a priceless gift to your children to send them here to spend their Mondays-Fridays. I live in Ventura and have to go to LA everyday for work. What a contrast!

Posted September 20, 2014
My daughter has been attending the school for eight years and it is been an amazing experience for our family! She has learned so much and I know that she is in loving caring hands every day that I drop her off. The staff is wonderful the campus is beautiful The students are awesome! the lunches are incredible and I could go on and on!! We love MSO!

Posted December 09, 2013
I am the mother of a 14-month currently enrolled in the infant classroom. She has been at the school for the past 4 months and I am so impressed with the loving attention she is given every day. She is thriving at the school and seems to learn something new every day! I would urge anyone to look into signing up their kid for this school.

Montessori of Ojai School 2

Posted September 10, 2012
Our kids attended this Montessori for several years before we finally got fed up and pulled them out. The system works ONLY for completely cooperative kids who will do what they're told. Once faced with intelligent, willful children, the entire system falls apart; the kids are sent to spend most of the day in the office, and parents are NOT CALLED when these situations arise. If your child is not either mega-cooperative, or autistic (because the Montessori method, as applied there, works very well for the latter), save yourself several thousand dollars per yer... as our kids had to RE-LEARN how to do math, etc. anyway, once enrolled in the public system. The "Montessori Method" became an obstacle instead of an opening. And btw - don't EVER be late on any payments - they'll have your head.

Posted September 22, 2011
As a member of the Montessori School of Ojai's office staff, I appreciate the level of attention and caring that each of our teachers, assistants and specialits give to each of the students. I am amazed at the patience, commitment and love that they all bring to the school, day after day. The bonus for me is that it is a fun place to work!

Posted May 08, 2008
My daughter has attended MSO since she was three. She is now a middle school student and still thriving and excelling in a healthy and positive environment. Every student is treated as an unique individual and taught to be a confident and critical thinker. I know my daughter will be well prepared for high school due to the solid academic and social foundation she received at MSO.

Montessori of Ojai School

Posted May 08, 2008
The Montessori School of Ojai is the school I wish I could have attended as a youth! The children learn at their own pace, they are encouraged to learn and discover. The Children are happy and are going to be life long learners. The Montessori Method and stong course of academics inspire the children. Spanish, Art, Music, Science and Gardening round out the education. Staff is dedicated and responsive. Farmers Market, Field Trips and a wonderful day care program are offered. The Middle School has a class camping trip and takes part in the Montessori Model U.N. Program. All classes are actively engaged in Peace Education and Community Service projects.

Posted February 15, 2006
This is a wonderful school! Staff consistently follow the child centered Montessori philosophy. The schools has a dedicated room for art, a room for science, and a room for music. PE includes an intro to a variety of active sports (cricket, tennis, golf, hockey, etc). Teachers are long-timers who genuinely love & respect the kids. Visit the campus and you will see every child is active & engaged with big smiles on their faces. Every kid deserves a school like this.

Montessori of Ojai School
806 Baldwin Road, Ojai, CA  93023
Last modified Montessori of Ojai School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Montessori of Ojai School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top