Posted October 03, 2013
This school really smells bad! How can anyone build a school right next to a dairy farm with all its manure?? How can any parent send their kid to school here??? Its not like you can ignore it. It smells bad every day!!! This can't be good for the students' health! If you are even thinking of enrolling your kids here, please visit the school first and take a whiff of that stench! You'll probably get a headache like I did, and get outta there as fast as you can.

Posted June 11, 2013
Many may have conflicting statements about this school, but my personal statement about this school is that it is wonderful. Some students complain about how horrible their school bc of the simple fact they do not want to work. Those students do not realize the privileges this school offers compared to other schools. For example, many other students who move from schools like Ontario high or Chaffey high notice the difference from the social and academic life here. Colony in my opinion is a great school, but in order for one to acheive greatness they have to work for it. Dont blame a school for a student's lack in work ethetic. High school is suppose to ready adolescents for the world, so if they do not learn to take responsibilities for their actions now, life will be a more challenging place. All in all colony has a great staff who ALWAYS Offer extra help to all students when needed, many students who are postive to associate with, and its honestly the nicest looking school in the district, along with Los Osos. Shout out to my homegirl Mrs.Sikes Love this teacher she is so awesome <3 Class of 2015 rocks ! Lol

Posted April 25, 2013
Colony is a great school. Better than most schools in Southern California. Great teachers, great academics, great activities. This school cares about the students. Definitely a 5 Star school.

Posted January 14, 2013
My son attended Colony from 2006-2010. He graduated without any major issues. However, as his parent, I know he could have done better. I experienced a lack of communication and from the teachers and a lack of administration support in dealing with issues. My daughter is now a freshman there under a new principal and I can say that I have noticed an improvement with communication from the administration and teachers. All my daughters teachers use schoolloop and keep it current which provides me with my daughters daily progress. I receive automated updates by phone on a regular basis informing me of whatever is going on and activities/services being offered to the students. I am pleased with the new principal. Academics and student success seems to be a priority.

Posted August 27, 2012
If your children attend here - be on top of their classes - grades and progress - the new administration let teachers encourage kids to drop needed classes - and not be responsible for teaching your kids - English teachers play movies most the year - loose students work and get their hair done in class - and still teach there. I can count on one hand the teachers that care about your students at this school - other wise to admin you are just a number. If you want your kid to have an academic challenge this in not the school to go to.

Posted August 07, 2012
Well, I will try to not appear biased here but I am very proud of Colony High School. I think in any high school it's hard to generalize blame which is what I see in some of the criticisms of Colony. In my many years of teaching I have found that students who WANT to excel DO and those who don't DON'T. High school is great training ground for life and more often than not when someone is putting blame on someone other than themselves or the student it's probably just an excuse. Truth be told most students at this school are very nice, and respectful, but the ones that soar do so because they are focused and they have a plan. They don't look for some magical event to happen, or blame someone for not caring. It's not going to happen in the real world so why would someone blame their failure on someone else. It's all about intrinsic motivation to succeed. I agree that all high schools have flaws but that doesn't excuse students from succeeding. I suggest anyone who broad brushes Colony as this or that is simply making excuses and should take a good look in the mirror first before blaming someone else.

Posted July 14, 2012
this school is cool and it teacher are good too and nice and its like a family to a student

Posted September 02, 2011
Colony is one of the better, if not, the best "southern" school in the Chaffey Joint Union High District. We cannot compare Colony to the "northern" schools since the demographic is like day and night but if you look at the Colony's test scores, it speaks for itself. Colony have been improving their API score ever since we open in 2003, except for one year, 07-08. (See www.movoto.com) It is not fair to rate a school base on the fact that a school appears to feel like a "prison" from a student's point of view because most school these days are fenced up for safety reasons. Colony's academics offers a variety of Honors and AP courses. ASB and renaissance are very active in producing school culture and pride. The sports programs are awesome. Football, basketball and track have won CIF champions. Compare to Ontario, Chaffey, Montclair & Valley View... Colony beats them all! Go Titans! :)

Posted August 11, 2011
I have attended colony high school for about a week now, what i can say about this school is that it is horrible. I am currently a sophomore here; compared to my last high school, this schools technology is out dated and the school looks like a prison. The counselors aren't much help and most of the teachers have no motivation. The school smells everyday from the dairy farm right next to it. Some of the classes don't have a class set of work books. This is the worst school that I have been too.

Posted July 10, 2011
I hate this school. The teachers do NOT know what their teaching. They come late mostly everyday. We never do anything in the classes. Nor get homework. How do you expect to bring your test scores up when we're not doing ANY learning? The school looks like a prison. They don't even like their students. EVERYTHING goes down at this school. BIRDS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE! It smells from the cows in the morning. NO shade.

Colony High School
3850 East Riverside Drive, Ontario, CA  91761
Last modified Colony High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colony High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top