Vista Grande Elementary School 0

Posted February 20, 2010
Extremely disappointed with my child's experiences from first grade thru fifth at this school. It is a trailer school with no district plans of ever become a permanent school. No auditorium, computer labs, or library for the students. This is a problem because our children don't receive access to necessary learning tools to acheive success. No shade for hot days outdoors. The administration has gone through continuous changes (3 principals in 1 year). Disruptive student behavior isn't properly addressed by principal. Current principal is very hard to understand during assemblies even with a new pa system. I am currently attempting to enroll my child in a charter school. If that attempt is unsuccessfull, then we will relocate to keep our child from attending another year at Vista Grande.

Vista Grande Elementary School 0

Posted January 11, 2010
Its been 7 years now, and the school has never been a priority for the district. when times were good, we got nothing, now that times are bad we get the same. The majority of parents dont care as long as their kids dont get in trouble. The staff has changed and its not getting any better any time soon, not with the leadership it has now.

Vista Grande Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2009

Posted June 29, 2008

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted January 06, 2008
No library, no cafeteria, no auditorium, no shade for those 98 degree days, overcrowded classes. No support for high achievers. little extracurricular activities and most funds go towards underperformers. Also the attitude and vocabulary of most students is not what you want your child to have to deal with. And this is one of the better elementary schools. Get it together OMSD. Looking for a way out.

Posted February 21, 2007
My daughter is in the fifth grade at Vista Grande. I honestly do not feel as though my daughter is getting the education that she should be. The classrooms are to crowed and I have to agree with the mom about having more than 'one grade' in a classroom. I know that my daughter gets easily distracted and has had problems with getting her card pulled. The school doesn't have that same feel as when we were young. We had a cafeteria and auditorium, we went on field trips, after school sports there should be more of. I have a lot of respect for the teachers there, it's the school district it self that needs to get there act together. Can Vista Grande Elementary ever plant itself in the ground or will it always be a mobile trailer kind of school?

Posted September 06, 2006
My child will be attending Vista Grande for the third year and time and time again i am concerned about my child being placed in combo classes...i know it's standard these days for justified reasons to create these combo classes but as parents we must stand up for our childs full right to be taught accordingly...and sharing class time along with a grade lower or higher is just not right when there are still about 30 kids or more to a class...there could be a time where higher learning could be thought about at this school..parents please get involved...thanks!

Posted April 05, 2006
I am very pleased with Vista Grande. My daughter has attended since kindergarten and I've never had reason to complain. The principal is wonderful and the staff cares deeply about the students.

Posted September 29, 2005

Vista Grande Elementary School
1390 West Francis Street, Ontario, CA  91762
Last modified Vista Grande Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Grande Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top