No rating

Valley View High (Continuation) School

Public | 9-12 | 652 students

Posted June 23, 2009

I am graduated from valley this june of 09. I can say I am extremely proud of myself for the effort i put in to recieve my diploma. But, I have to thank the teachers and staff of Valley View, because without them, I wouldn't have made it. The teachers at Valley are soooo cool. They understand you more than anyone other teachers anywhere:) Because of the teachers at Valley, I've chosen my career to become a teacher myself. I can say I wasn't that much behind in credits, but what i needed, i got in only 3 credit checks. I reccommend this school to parents regardless if your child is behind or not. The faster your child gets there credits, the faster they're out of there:) Lol. Every one deserves a second chance. Thank you Miss Jenkins

Posted May 4, 2009

i graduated from valley in 09 due to being a fifth year. i was suppose to graduate in 08 but i was tremendously behind in credits. i was a sophomore with 43 credits walking into this school. i made up more than 3 and a half years of credits in only 2 and a half, and if i really put my mind to it, i could have graduated on time. i know i graduated 5 months late than most seniors, but i still have the same HS Diploma they have worked for in the 4 years of regular school they went to. i want to thank this school for letting people like us who had problems with early life, have a 2nd chance in education which is very unlikely in present days. Thank you Mrs Slater

Posted April 24, 2009

Valley View is a great school. It helps you get ahead very easily and I met some of my most helpful teachers there. It helped me get back on my feet and in my opinion, is better than regular high school.

Posted December 26, 2008

This school is the best, Teachers are amazing. In my opinion, the teachers at Valley View High School seemed to have understood me more than the teachers of Ontario High. My morale increased, I became more independent , and I actually became intrested in subjects like Math, Science and History(U.S. History, Econ, and Government)

Posted September 8, 2008

I graduated from valley view in june of 07.'I had got a head of my class and was done with school a month before that. I loved valley the teachers helped me a lot. I had a rough senior year but, with the help of my teachers and advisor manso i made honor graduate. Valley is the best school in the district. Better than etiwanda!

Posted July 31, 2008

Great school for students that need another chance. Exceptional counseling and instructors.

Posted January 23, 2008

I have been very happy with my son's progress since he started at Valley. My only regret is that he didn't transfer sooner. The teachers are awsome and care about my son and his work. His self-esteem has improved 100% and he know see's light at the end of the tunnel.

Posted December 19, 2007

im starting at valley high school, and just going to my orentation today made me feel like the school was a place filled with faculty, teachers and students that wanted to meet their personal individualized plans and made me feel like I can achieve my goal of returning to my home school. It felt as if it was a positive enviornment and it was safe. Wipe out your negative views of continuation schools and bring on Valley =]

Posted November 30, 2007

Valley View High School gave me more opportunities than my comprehensive high school. I graduated in 2007 from Valley View and was given the honor of being the schools valedictorian at graduation. I also recieved a scholarship in the amount of $200.00 from Valley View and also represented Valley View in the annual San Bernardino County Academic Decathlon. I recieved a trophy for top scorer. Valley View High School has a wonderful curriculum to help out every student and the faculty takes each student and helps them to get to their goal. This school is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Posted May 30, 2007

Valley View gave my son a second chance. It is a very exceptional continuation school. Great teachers and staff.

Posted August 26, 2006

I wanna thank Valley for giving my daughter a second chance.

Posted April 11, 2006

I came here thinking I wasn't gonna make it, being behind many credits required. Valley view gave me a 2nd chance and the teachers here gave me hope. Great school no doubt.

Posted March 8, 2006

My student has just attened Valley View for about two months yet I've already seem great improvements. I'd rather choose Valley View over any regular school in the district. Also, I've heard Valley was one of the top continuation schools in the state of CA.

Posted October 31, 2005

I am a former student and attended Valley in 2002, transfering from the worst school in the district (Etiwanda). I am glad I was refered to this school it gave me 2nd chance. I came back to Etiwanda after 6 months, graduated, and now attending UCI. Valley is recommended as a cont. school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 8, 2003

My child started at Valley last March '02, she has made up her missed credits and if she stays on schedule she will graduate early. The school is great for one on one attention. The staff know each child by name, the kids do not fall thru the cracks. As with all public schools, there are a few teachers that probably shouldn't be teaching, but on paper they qualify to do so and at times the measures used for disapline are a bit overboard and excessive for the behavior but all in all, I prefer Valley to any of the 'regular' high school in the district.

Posted November 22, 2003

I've attended Valley View for about 2yrs and I think of this school very highly. I think this school has its own sense of family. Students and Teachers have a bond of some sort; everyone is thinking and helping each other and helping too make progress. I never knew of a regular high school that can show this success. I've learn to put the judgment the ignorant sign of my 'Ideas' of the average Continuation school. Valley View is a great success and I will always appreciate the second chance I was given.

Posted September 9, 2003

I am a student at valley view high school and personally I think that the school is great. I was behind 25 credits when I came in March 2003 and now I only need 80 credits to graduate. Valley is a school where if you put your best foot forward then you can make it happen. To all the students who attend, you're doing a good job and keep it up because this might be your last chance. To all the teachers who teach there, thank you so much for being willing to take time out with us kids.

Posted September 3, 2003

I have a friend that goes to valley View and he failed his freshman year at Alta Loma High School. He is now a junior. He says that he can graduate this year if he got enough credits. I do not think that this is possible because he failed his freshman year. Is that possible? After all, he is only 16. he says he will be in college by the age of 17.

This school's
API score

535

Change from
2012 to 2013

API Statewide Rank
(2012)

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school did not meet its schoolwide API target for 2013.
  • This school has not yet met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

N/A

API Statewide Rank (2012)

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 25% in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 65% in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 58% in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 38% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 62% in 2013.

n/a
General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 45% in 2013.

Integrated/Coordinated Science I

The state average for Integrated/Coordinated Science I was 26% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 38% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 51% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 13% in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 39% in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 41% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 46% in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 35% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 52% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 15% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 46% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 10% in 2013.

33 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 15% in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 51% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 32% in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 37% in 2013.

19 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 48% in 2013.

249 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 8% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 58% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 50% in 2013.

241 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 19% in 2013.

11 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Parent education - declined to staten/a

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Integrated/Coordinated Science I

Parent education - college graduate13%

All Students20%
Students with no reported disability20%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 83% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students35%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
First-year teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Bart Goldstein
Fax number
  • (909) 946-5586

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Continuation
  • Individually guided instruction

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
  • Computer lab