Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

This it's just my particular feeling. I've only had one experience with homework and it was quite a bit. We would be up very late most nights. That's my perspective.

Most staff members are very pleasant. Haven't been here long enough to give a full review. The building could use since upgrades though, which I think they may be getting.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are great, their resources are not. There are better textbooks to use in this school or at least better worksheets from another source.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Just a basic reading log. How is that challenging? It would be nice to see more

The teachers are very friendly and caring but the principal isn't doing enough. Some people think this is a good school but actually, it is far behind. I know because we went to a good school. This school focuses their funds on "fun events" rather than put it more towards educational funds for the school. The worksheets are boring and repetitive. Hardly any parent involvement and no one does anything about bullies. This school could improve, it has potential.

I have a daughter that attended last year in Kinder with Mrs. Chipman. She is an amazing teacher!!! My daughter started off her school years LOVING school!!! Now she has Mrs. Barrera for first grade. She is also a wonderful teacher who loves her job, and it shows!!! My youngest just started kinder this year and also has Mrs. Chipman. I am a happy mom!! This is truly a great school!!

I absolutely love this school and the staff. My oldest now in high school attended there since 2nd grade and now my youngest is in 1st grade. Test scores are improving and I love the leadership of our new principal Mr. Bagger.

My daughter has attended this school since Kinder in 2009 and we had such a FANTASTIC teacher Mrs. Fajardo!!! We ran into some bumps in the first grade in which I feel both the teacher and principal were of no help. However 2nd grade is awesome, my daughter loves her teacher and loves going to school. The PTA holds lots of fundraisers to help the school financially and we love attending, helping and participating!

I have had four of my children attend the Ontario Center School over the last 14 years. My last child who is now 8 years old attends their currently. I Love the consistency of the school. The teachers are caring and always willing to work together as a team to teach the children. The participation by the prinicipal and the administration in encouraging the children is very motivating to them. They also have always had a phenominal PTA that raises thousands of dollars each year. The PTA has enabled our children to have field trips and has paid for extra supplies that are not in the budget of our school due to funding cuts. Finally their is alot of parent participation, and this is definitely encouraged by the staff at The Ontario Center School.

My 5 year old says Mrs Bowen is a great teacher! I am happy to see my child learning and doing wonderful in school. So far no complaints. I usually assist in the class and it's so much fun.

Last modified The Ontario Center is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.