Ontario, CA

Posted December 18, 2014
It's such a shame that certain people think so little of our own kids. It's a greater shame that they took it online to voice their concerns and vilify an innocent child.

Posted December 18, 2014
Edison is a great school! While I agree with the parent that said it is a shame this topic is online, I disagree with the comment about the other parent "vilifying an innocent child". I did not see anything mean or unkind said about the student. This situation is unfortunate but we need to place responsibility back on the school. It takes great measures to ensure our students are safe. They even go as far as keeping the older kids away from lower grades for safety reasons. Volunteers have to go through district guidelines to be able to help out and so they set themselves up by breaking their own rules when they do something like this. I trust our staff and the middle school level is so small that these teachers know the kids very well. I see the concern and I think it is a valid concern to want to know who is around your student I think this could have been avoided if Edison had not broken their own rules.

Edison Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2014
Thank you to the parent who took the time to share about the DJ from the High School. I think it is irresponsible of the school and the district to allow a former student to come on campus and be at a social event around young students and not consider our feelings as parents. I already had told my daughter she could go but now my husband and I will have a conversation about it. We know the staff and can hold them responsible for anything that happens but a former student is not a district employee. Who will be held responsible for his actions should anything go wrong or if he is in appropriate with our kids? Does the district even know that Edison is allowing this? They don't even allow parents to chaperone but a high school kid? Former student or not this is un acceptable.
6 people found this helpful

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted December 16, 2014
Edison fails again. The hypocrisy of this school is no surprise. They make it a big point to keep their middle school students away from the younger ones and claim to do it for the safety of the younger ones but they do not uphold the same standards for the Jr. High students. A D.J who is a high school student is being allowed to d j at the winter dance. Why? He is an older kid who should not be permitted around the younger ones. Is he finger printed? Back ground checked? How do we know he is trustworthy? Oh wait, he is the brother of a student at the school. So now we are showing favoritism to students and former students? Former students have no business socializing with our students. They do NOT go there anymore. High school kids are older and exposed to things our younger ones are not. Edison does whatever it wants. My kid will NOT be allowed to attend the dance! At the very least have the courtesy to inform parents who will be around their children. We trust the ADULTS we know but former students should not be allowed. I will be voicing this to the DISTRICT!
9 people found this helpful

Posted November 07, 2014
This is an amazing school with dedicated teachers and administration. Our family is very happy with Edison!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 12, 2014
My daughter has been at Edison since Kindergarten and will graduate from 8th grade this year. She has loved her years here and so have I. Nervous about the GATE program and even the middle school years, I'm happy to say, my daughter is super smart and will be totally ready for high school next year. I've loved the great relationship she has had with her teachers and their continued encourement. I'm so thankful for all Edison has given to my daughter's education.

Posted October 08, 2014
Edison Academy is a great place for your student. I had my kid there for 7th and 8th grade so when I read this last post I had to speak up for our terrific teachers and for our terrific parent volunteers! I also have a kid in primary and yes the school is a bit overcrowded but it is a small price to pay for the rewards and academic success those teachers have achieved with the students .Amazing, amazing teachers! I also want to mention that I know the lady with the purple hair because she worked in kindergarten with my kids class and she is a pretty terrific lady. I was surprised to see her serving at the ceremony because believe it or not her kid was being promoted and there she was! Helping when she could have just been a guest like the rest of us. People help where they can and she helps a lot at our school. So what if she did not attend PFO meetings? A lot of us don't or can't! That school is full of parent volunteers who do many different things, My kids are big fans of the lady with the purple hair and so am I. That school should count her as one of it's biggest blessings, the students love her! Edison Acadrmy is the best school to put your kids in! Bet on it!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 20, 2014
Standing in line this morning, talking with several other parents from other district schools, while signing our 8th graders up for a district trip.... everyone was comparing notes about their kids and asking eachother what school their kid attended. When I said Edison, and finished explaining about the junior high program, several of the parents commented that they had no idea where the school was, and didn't know it was a K-8th school. I told them that the only drawback was that it's a relatively small campus, with a huge student population (4 year olds all the way to 14 year olds - many of them taller than the staff), but all works out well.... with a dedicated staff and plenty of elbow grease from the involved parents. Another lady interrupts and says, "well, it's no wonder it's crowded... have you seen the schools scores? Everyone wants in there! " - I'm not gonna lie.... I honestly didn't know our scores (but was pretty sure we ranked good in comparison to the other schools), and I was more than happy to feel a little proud. Go Edison!

Posted May 02, 2014
Tonight Edison had its first talent show and I must say I am so impressed. Not only are our students given a first class education but also the oppurtunity to express their creative side. I love our school!!!! Christina Garcia Proud Edison Parent

Edison Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2014
Having a closed campus isn't something new, we are just one of the last schools to do it. Now our kids will be receiving a quality education and be a little safer. Any problems we had in the past were addressed by the staff. We are very happy with this school.

Edison Elementary School
515 East Sixth Street, Ontario, CA  91764
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top