Ontario, CA

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 02, 2015
Where my child comes home they are teaching me things that I didn't even know, I see her brain being fed more more every day I'm extremely impressed

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 02, 2015
i'm times I have seen my child work really late and I have seen my child at the table past your bedtime during dinners she's also doing homework while eating, this has bothered me some

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
I do feel that the teachers want to see every child succeed and I have yet to see a Child left behind in the school

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
A lot of the times you have trouble with mutual respect from teacher to students, I have never had this issue here at Edison, I feel that respect is not given urgent but earned , I strongly teach my children you must treat others and respect others the way you want to be treated and respected I feel Edison is an amazing example of this

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
The teachers are amazing , n And care if your child is passing, will help you with anything

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
My child has learned how to respect her elders more than I have already taught her vocabulary has increased

Edison Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2015
Edison Academy is not really such a great school. It is average. My kids went there and I was very involved with the staff and pta but I was not welcomed by the pta clique and many mom's had issues with them as well. I am still friends with a a few families and a staff member and even one of the noon aides and even she cannot admit to our friendship because I am still a topic of interest at that school and not in a nice way. They do not want parents who are vocal, they want people to be quiet and accept their wrong doings. I know this because of the ties I still have. Don't send your kids to Edison, it is not the best s chool.

Edison Elementary School 5

Posted August 05, 2015
I gave this school a great rating solely because of the teachers. The teachers really care about the students and work really hard for them. It finally has a good principal. This is our third year at Edison and my experience with the support staff has been subpar to say the least. The former principal was non existent and uncaring about the school. The front office staff with the exception of the principal's secretary is disappointing. The nurse is not a nurse and does not have it together. The other lady at the desk is flighty, drops the ball all the time, it is really frustrating dealing with her and the noon aides lack professionalism and are too personal with the students. I work for a different district and have volunteered when I could, these noon aides have no boundaries. My kids went to another school before Edison and it just does not compare as far as education goes. If you can overlook these small but really annoying people, then your kids couldn't be at a better school.

Edison Elementary School 2

Posted February 05, 2015
A lot of us took a stance to not volunteer or support the school anymore because it did not support us. The biggest slap on the face was to see those parents be hired by the principal. If you have only been there for 4 years then you have no idea what went on at Edison. Now they are hurting for volunteers and it is their own fault. A new principal is only the beginning to a fresh start but it won't make a difference until those parents and their negative and damaging legacy move on. This is my kid's last year so we are happy to be leaving.

Edison Elementary School 5

Posted February 05, 2015
My child has been at the school for 4 years now. She speaks very highly of how all the Noon-Aides and staff treat her and any issues she has. We went to that school because she is in the GATE class. The teachers there are amazing and this is best choice I have made putting my child at Edison. We have been to schools were the Noon-Aides and staff were not nice at all. This is the greatest place for my child to get the best education and be supported by a wonderful staff! I do not see the negativity with the staff or Noon-Aides. My child is very happy to be an Edison Bobcat and I agree with her!!

515 East Sixth Street, Ontario, CA  91764
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top