Ontario, CA

Edison Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2015
Edison Academy is not really such a great school. It is average. My kids went there and I was very involved with the staff and pta but I was not welcomed by the pta clique and many mom's had issues with them as well. I am still friends with a a few families and a staff member and even one of the noon aides and even she cannot admit to our friendship because I am still a topic of interest at that school and not in a nice way. They do not want parents who are vocal, they want people to be quiet and accept their wrong doings. I know this because of the ties I still have. Don't send your kids to Edison, it is not the best s chool.

Posted August 05, 2015
I gave this school a great rating solely because of the teachers. The teachers really care about the students and work really hard for them. It finally has a good principal. This is our third year at Edison and my experience with the support staff has been subpar to say the least. The former principal was non existent and uncaring about the school. The front office staff with the exception of the principal's secretary is disappointing. The nurse is not a nurse and does not have it together. The other lady at the desk is flighty, drops the ball all the time, it is really frustrating dealing with her and the noon aides lack professionalism and are too personal with the students. I work for a different district and have volunteered when I could, these noon aides have no boundaries. My kids went to another school before Edison and it just does not compare as far as education goes. If you can overlook these small but really annoying people, then your kids couldn't be at a better school.

Edison Elementary School 2

Posted February 05, 2015
A lot of us took a stance to not volunteer or support the school anymore because it did not support us. The biggest slap on the face was to see those parents be hired by the principal. If you have only been there for 4 years then you have no idea what went on at Edison. Now they are hurting for volunteers and it is their own fault. A new principal is only the beginning to a fresh start but it won't make a difference until those parents and their negative and damaging legacy move on. This is my kid's last year so we are happy to be leaving.

Posted February 05, 2015
My child has been at the school for 4 years now. She speaks very highly of how all the Noon-Aides and staff treat her and any issues she has. We went to that school because she is in the GATE class. The teachers there are amazing and this is best choice I have made putting my child at Edison. We have been to schools were the Noon-Aides and staff were not nice at all. This is the greatest place for my child to get the best education and be supported by a wonderful staff! I do not see the negativity with the staff or Noon-Aides. My child is very happy to be an Edison Bobcat and I agree with her!!

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2015
My rating of Edison is strictly based on the lack of professionalism of some of the staff. This school hires its own parents and places them in classified positions, parents who do not exercise discretion. I have walked into the front office or helped in my kids classrooms and heard the office/ noon aides engaged in conversation with other staff members gossiping about students or their families or the latest product a teacher is selling or latest invite to a teacher's home. I am not against hiring parents but place them in a different school where they are not privileged to our kids personal information. I hold administration responsible but they are more worried about who writes these reviews than they are addressing the issues that have given their school a bad reputation. Why don't we speak to the administration directly? It is because they bad mouth their parents when we do. You think it is disrespectful for parents to post on the internet? It is disrespectful to degrade your parents (behind their backs of course) when they do. You do not respect us. , Our GATE children are there because in spite of your lack of professionalism, your TEACHERS are OUTSTANDING!

Posted December 18, 2014
It's such a shame that certain people think so little of our own kids. It's a greater shame that they took it online to voice their concerns and vilify an innocent child.

Posted November 07, 2014
This is an amazing school with dedicated teachers and administration. Our family is very happy with Edison!

Posted October 12, 2014
My daughter has been at Edison since Kindergarten and will graduate from 8th grade this year. She has loved her years here and so have I. Nervous about the GATE program and even the middle school years, I'm happy to say, my daughter is super smart and will be totally ready for high school next year. I've loved the great relationship she has had with her teachers and their continued encourement. I'm so thankful for all Edison has given to my daughter's education.

Posted October 08, 2014
Edison Academy is a great place for your student. I had my kid there for 7th and 8th grade so when I read this last post I had to speak up for our terrific teachers and for our terrific parent volunteers! I also have a kid in primary and yes the school is a bit overcrowded but it is a small price to pay for the rewards and academic success those teachers have achieved with the students .Amazing, amazing teachers! I also want to mention that I know the lady with the purple hair because she worked in kindergarten with my kids class and she is a pretty terrific lady. I was surprised to see her serving at the ceremony because believe it or not her kid was being promoted and there she was! Helping when she could have just been a guest like the rest of us. People help where they can and she helps a lot at our school. So what if she did not attend PFO meetings? A lot of us don't or can't! That school is full of parent volunteers who do many different things, My kids are big fans of the lady with the purple hair and so am I. That school should count her as one of it's biggest blessings, the students love her! Edison Acadrmy is the best school to put your kids in! Bet on it!

Posted September 20, 2014
Standing in line this morning, talking with several other parents from other district schools, while signing our 8th graders up for a district trip.... everyone was comparing notes about their kids and asking eachother what school their kid attended. When I said Edison, and finished explaining about the junior high program, several of the parents commented that they had no idea where the school was, and didn't know it was a K-8th school. I told them that the only drawback was that it's a relatively small campus, with a huge student population (4 year olds all the way to 14 year olds - many of them taller than the staff), but all works out well.... with a dedicated staff and plenty of elbow grease from the involved parents. Another lady interrupts and says, "well, it's no wonder it's crowded... have you seen the schools scores? Everyone wants in there! " - I'm not gonna lie.... I honestly didn't know our scores (but was pretty sure we ranked good in comparison to the other schools), and I was more than happy to feel a little proud. Go Edison!

Edison Elementary School
515 East Sixth Street, Ontario, CA  91764
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top