Posted November 07, 2014
This is an amazing school with dedicated teachers and administration. Our family is very happy with Edison!

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2014
Edison has now hit a new low and resorted to calling family homes and in short begging for money and or item donations. Why is the school PFO not raising these funds? So our families are now expected to both provide donations as well as attend a Fall Festival in the middle of November when we are already preparing for the Holidays We are to donate and turn around, attend the event and re purchase what we already purchased in the first place? The school has now been having this fall festival for a few years, why do they not start planning as soon as the previous one is over? Clearly they are an incompetent PFO if we are receiving phone calls to provide hot dogs? donations? etc. Why is it that we are not having this festival before Halloween? It would certainly provide a safe place for our students who are low income an affordable place to celebrate the fall festivities? Other schools in the district have trunk a treats and costume are allowed. I can not believe this new principal is allowing all this. They need to stop bothering us at home and stop begging for donations. If you can not afford to do a Fall Festival do not or put your PFO to work like other schools do!

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2014
Edison has really good teachers but the administration and PFO are the worst! This school is run on hypocracy! We are not allowed to have a Christmas Assembly but they have no shame in having a Christmas craft fair and making money off of us! No sugary snacks or treats during holidays but the 8th graders were allowed to bribe other students with candy during this weeks school elections! I agree that the PFO should be put to work but all they do is ask for handouts! Then they turn around and resell it to the very people who handed it to them! A teacher is not allowed to call a parent at home in the evening or any other time and ask for much needed supplies but the school office can call you at home and ask for hot dogs, etc? What a joke! This is why they lack parental support! I feel bad for the teachers and students! Thought this new principal was different!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 12, 2014
My daughter has been at Edison since Kindergarten and will graduate from 8th grade this year. She has loved her years here and so have I. Nervous about the GATE program and even the middle school years, I'm happy to say, my daughter is super smart and will be totally ready for high school next year. I've loved the great relationship she has had with her teachers and their continued encourement. I'm so thankful for all Edison has given to my daughter's education.

Posted October 08, 2014
Edison Academy is a great place for your student. I had my kid there for 7th and 8th grade so when I read this last post I had to speak up for our terrific teachers and for our terrific parent volunteers! I also have a kid in primary and yes the school is a bit overcrowded but it is a small price to pay for the rewards and academic success those teachers have achieved with the students .Amazing, amazing teachers! I also want to mention that I know the lady with the purple hair because she worked in kindergarten with my kids class and she is a pretty terrific lady. I was surprised to see her serving at the ceremony because believe it or not her kid was being promoted and there she was! Helping when she could have just been a guest like the rest of us. People help where they can and she helps a lot at our school. So what if she did not attend PFO meetings? A lot of us don't or can't! That school is full of parent volunteers who do many different things, My kids are big fans of the lady with the purple hair and so am I. That school should count her as one of it's biggest blessings, the students love her! Edison Acadrmy is the best school to put your kids in! Bet on it!

Posted September 20, 2014
Standing in line this morning, talking with several other parents from other district schools, while signing our 8th graders up for a district trip.... everyone was comparing notes about their kids and asking eachother what school their kid attended. When I said Edison, and finished explaining about the junior high program, several of the parents commented that they had no idea where the school was, and didn't know it was a K-8th school. I told them that the only drawback was that it's a relatively small campus, with a huge student population (4 year olds all the way to 14 year olds - many of them taller than the staff), but all works out well.... with a dedicated staff and plenty of elbow grease from the involved parents. Another lady interrupts and says, "well, it's no wonder it's crowded... have you seen the schools scores? Everyone wants in there! " - I'm not gonna lie.... I honestly didn't know our scores (but was pretty sure we ranked good in comparison to the other schools), and I was more than happy to feel a little proud. Go Edison!

Posted May 02, 2014
Tonight Edison had its first talent show and I must say I am so impressed. Not only are our students given a first class education but also the oppurtunity to express their creative side. I love our school!!!! Christina Garcia Proud Edison Parent

Edison Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2014
Having a closed campus isn't something new, we are just one of the last schools to do it. Now our kids will be receiving a quality education and be a little safer. Any problems we had in the past were addressed by the staff. We are very happy with this school.

Edison Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2012
I have read all of the reviews, as well as some that are no longer on here before I left for the holiday, and I have to say how sad all of the negativity is on here. I know that people do not always see eye to eye but I think people lose sight of what is most important and that is our students education. As for the issue of trust, I previously gathered information from the staff, PTA, and the District and feel more comfortable with the situation. Coming on here and making things seem more than they are is only creating drama and a negative environment. I m thankful that my daughter goes to a school that gives her opportunities and enriches her education. I will pray for all involved that you may all find peace.

Posted August 16, 2012
This is my son's 2nd school year here. He started last year as a 4th grader in the GATE academy and although he was very nervous to start at a new school, the teacher and staff/friends made him feel very welcomed. I was super happy with his 4th grade teacher and now his 5th grade teacher. My son had raved last year with how much he loved the new school and how he calls Edison his HOME !!!!! I am so happy this school opened up the GATE academy and I love my son's teacher and the staff there. They pay attention to the kids and I love the support here !!!!

Edison Elementary School
515 East Sixth Street, Ontario, CA  91764
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top