Posted October 12, 2014
My daughter has been at Edison since Kindergarten and will graduate from 8th grade this year. She has loved her years here and so have I. Nervous about the GATE program and even the middle school years, I'm happy to say, my daughter is super smart and will be totally ready for high school next year. I've loved the great relationship she has had with her teachers and their continued encourement. I'm so thankful for all Edison has given to my daughter's education.

Posted October 08, 2014
Edison Academy is a great place for your student. I had my kid there for 7th and 8th grade so when I read this last post I had to speak up for our terrific teachers and for our terrific parent volunteers! I also have a kid in primary and yes the school is a bit overcrowded but it is a small price to pay for the rewards and academic success those teachers have achieved with the students .Amazing, amazing teachers! I also want to mention that I know the lady with the purple hair because she worked in kindergarten with my kids class and she is a pretty terrific lady. I was surprised to see her serving at the ceremony because believe it or not her kid was being promoted and there she was! Helping when she could have just been a guest like the rest of us. People help where they can and she helps a lot at our school. So what if she did not attend PFO meetings? A lot of us don't or can't! That school is full of parent volunteers who do many different things, My kids are big fans of the lady with the purple hair and so am I. That school should count her as one of it's biggest blessings, the students love her! Edison Acadrmy is the best school to put your kids in! Bet on it!

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2014
I and several other families took our jr. high kids out of Edison. The school is over crowded and the 7/8 grade teachers are over worked. They cannot focus on the kids because they have too many responsibilities outside the classroom, from substituting as principal to trainings and meetings and even coaching. Initially we thought it would be a great choice because with less students the teachers would work harder for our kids but the opposite happened. Also we noticed that the PFO did not get much parent support and we all worked hard for those kids. Especially the eigth graders by raising money to help pay for their district trip and their promotion ceremony. PFO worked really hard and we raised a lot of money but we were not included in the events and some of us found out by parents who were there that the one mom with the purple hair was at the ceremony serving families and taking the glory but yet we never saw her once at our meetings or even lift a finger to help us raise money but yet she had no problem getting the attention.(former PTA) If you are thinking of Edison as a choice for your middle school. think again, this school is over sold!

Posted September 20, 2014
Standing in line this morning, talking with several other parents from other district schools, while signing our 8th graders up for a district trip.... everyone was comparing notes about their kids and asking eachother what school their kid attended. When I said Edison, and finished explaining about the junior high program, several of the parents commented that they had no idea where the school was, and didn't know it was a K-8th school. I told them that the only drawback was that it's a relatively small campus, with a huge student population (4 year olds all the way to 14 year olds - many of them taller than the staff), but all works out well.... with a dedicated staff and plenty of elbow grease from the involved parents. Another lady interrupts and says, "well, it's no wonder it's crowded... have you seen the schools scores? Everyone wants in there! " - I'm not gonna lie.... I honestly didn't know our scores (but was pretty sure we ranked good in comparison to the other schools), and I was more than happy to feel a little proud. Go Edison!

Posted May 02, 2014
Tonight Edison had its first talent show and I must say I am so impressed. Not only are our students given a first class education but also the oppurtunity to express their creative side. I love our school!!!! Christina Garcia Proud Edison Parent

Edison Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2014
Having a closed campus isn't something new, we are just one of the last schools to do it. Now our kids will be receiving a quality education and be a little safer. Any problems we had in the past were addressed by the staff. We are very happy with this school.

Edison Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2012
I have read all of the reviews, as well as some that are no longer on here before I left for the holiday, and I have to say how sad all of the negativity is on here. I know that people do not always see eye to eye but I think people lose sight of what is most important and that is our students education. As for the issue of trust, I previously gathered information from the staff, PTA, and the District and feel more comfortable with the situation. Coming on here and making things seem more than they are is only creating drama and a negative environment. I m thankful that my daughter goes to a school that gives her opportunities and enriches her education. I will pray for all involved that you may all find peace.

Posted August 16, 2012
This is my son's 2nd school year here. He started last year as a 4th grader in the GATE academy and although he was very nervous to start at a new school, the teacher and staff/friends made him feel very welcomed. I was super happy with his 4th grade teacher and now his 5th grade teacher. My son had raved last year with how much he loved the new school and how he calls Edison his HOME !!!!! I am so happy this school opened up the GATE academy and I love my son's teacher and the staff there. They pay attention to the kids and I love the support here !!!!

Posted November 06, 2011
Went to our first event at this school. Saturday they had a fall festival. The principal did a great Jon organizing this event! There was games for all kids! all ages! The pta put some good food together but their chocolate cake and desserts weren't good at all. The principle had the right idea with the carnival. She had a lot of game booth. The only negative thing is I hardly saw any teachers there. You would think the principal would make it mandatory. We might want to support them more if they did I mean its there school to. Had a great time! Hope they do it again next year.

Edison Elementary School 2

Posted October 05, 2011
I am a new family at Edison Academy and I am considering taking my child out of the PM Kindergarten class she is in, only to find out that there is a waiting list for the AM class in same class.I talk to parents in the morning classes on Tuesday's and each Tuesday I get more fusterated with the quality of education my daughter is recieving. I don't know a whole lot about the teachers at the school but I clearly see that my childs teacher does not meet the standard. She doesn't even seem interested in the morning opening songs to engage her class. She depends on the other nice teacher to do those extra things with the class. Like the parent said below..nice is one thing but getting the job done is another. Where and when does the principal step and notice these things? I've never seen nor heard of a Kindergarten teacher teaching the class from her chair. As ridiculous as thatsounds it happens daily.

Edison Elementary School
515 East Sixth Street, Ontario, CA  91764
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top