Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Agree

The teachers tried to provide challenging assignments for me advanced learner.

Develops character: Disagree

My child was bullied each of the 3 years she was there.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

We had a poor experience with two but my child's first and second grade teachers were excellent.

Amount of homework: Neutral

The kindergarten teacher sent home a page with no explanation that was not self explanatory. I thought I'd figured it out but we did it incorrectly. At conferences I asked her what the correct strategy was. She told me it was a higher order task and you had to be smart to figure it out. As a former teacher, I found this incredibly unprofessional and insulting.

My child attended Edison for 3 years. In Kindergarten she broke her arm in two places and was forced to sit in the classroom for the rest of the day while she cried and begged for me. When I picked her up I was told that the nurse checked her out and she was fine. They put a bandaid on it. The school was slow to respond and the two teachers that left my child to suffer all afternoon never apologized. One tried to throw me off campus. She was also made fun of for being too dark brown by other students even though most of the students are minorities. In second grade she was bullied by a group of girls who threatened her and forced her to hurt and demean herself. The school did at least respond when I brought it to their attention. There are several good teachers but I was ready to remove my children when we moved.

Edison is under reconstruction in my opinion and it seems this principal is much better than the previous one but the middle school leaves a lot to be desired. It consists of young adolescent teachers who treat their students like peers. They need to grow up. If we parents complained to the district about half the things our kuds come home and tells us, they would be out of jobs. They continuously show favoritism and some students have even bragged to their friends that they can't get in trouble because their families are friends with the teachers outside of school. This is a school that has their middle school students exesize (P.E) in the MPR room on days when it rains. That is disgusting, filthy and unhygenic. This is the same room where food is prepared and students eat. I'm surprised the principal allows this, it's got to be a health code violation. Atleast this principal seems to care.

I believe Edison Academy is an exceptionally amazing school. I myself, as a student, have first hand knowledge of what really goes on. Our principal is an amazing principal. Our teachers are outstanding. Everyday I am exposed to Edison's middle school program. Not once have I noticed favouritism or unfair treatment to students. The teachers are also there for us when we need them. They stop the spread of rumors. They check up on us to see if we are okay. They generally care for us, and I wouldn't have it any other way. As for the student government issue, the one female never gave her application to the teacher, let alone did she print it. She relied on technology the night before it was due. We used the method of our teachers selecting students because the campaign was way too chaotic, and constructed no order. Additionally, the students running for these positions did not put their names. Instead, they wrote a number code that only they knew. It just so happened that the same team was picked. Nobody was aware it was the same girls until after they announced the numbers. These girls deserved the positions too. Last year, I watched them not be able to do anything because "they had a tittle". But in fact, they were never recognized and put to the side,, but they ended up doing all the work. The amount of order was very low, but this year they can make a change and fix the mistakes. I know they have the power to influence and achieve greatness for our school. -Edison Academy 8th Grader

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

These teachers in middle school can be stronger and more effective if this new principal guides them.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is no complaint in this deoartment. Academics is not their problem. This Principal gives the middle school teachers too much freedom.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Favoritism is shown to certain students and their families. Student Government Elections were not held and popular students were appointed.

Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.