Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2016
Edison is under reconstruction in my opinion and it seems this principal is much better than the previous one but the middle school leaves a lot to be desired. It consists of young adolescent teachers who treat their students like peers. They need to grow up. If we parents complained to the district about half the things our kuds come home and tells us, they would be out of jobs. They continuously show favoritism and some students have even bragged to their friends that they can't get in trouble because their families are friends with the teachers outside of school. This is a school that has their middle school students exesize (P.E) in the MPR room on days when it rains. That is disgusting, filthy and unhygenic. This is the same room where food is prepared and students eat. I'm surprised the principal allows this, it's got to be a health code violation. Atleast this principal seems to care.

Edison Elementary School 5

Posted October 11, 2015
I believe Edison Academy is an exceptionally amazing school. I myself, as a student, have first hand knowledge of what really goes on. Our principal is an amazing principal. Our teachers are outstanding. Everyday I am exposed to Edison's middle school program. Not once have I noticed favouritism or unfair treatment to students. The teachers are also there for us when we need them. They stop the spread of rumors. They check up on us to see if we are okay. They generally care for us, and I wouldn't have it any other way. As for the student government issue, the one female never gave her application to the teacher, let alone did she print it. She relied on technology the night before it was due. We used the method of our teachers selecting students because the campaign was way too chaotic, and constructed no order. Additionally, the students running for these positions did not put their names. Instead, they wrote a number code that only they knew. It just so happened that the same team was picked. Nobody was aware it was the same girls until after they announced the numbers. These girls deserved the positions too. Last year, I watched them not be able to do anything because "they had a tittle". But in fact, they were never recognized and put to the side,, but they ended up doing all the work. The amount of order was very low, but this year they can make a change and fix the mistakes. I know they have the power to influence and achieve greatness for our school. -Edison Academy 8th Grader

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 16, 2015
Thank you to the new principal for some of the changes being made to erase the poor conditions the last principal left behind.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted September 16, 2015
These teachers in middle school can be stronger and more effective if this new principal guides them.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 16, 2015
There is no complaint in this deoartment. Academics is not their problem. This Principal gives the middle school teachers too much freedom.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted September 16, 2015
Yes, the negative kind. The kind that teaches them poor life skills and even poorer people skills.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted September 16, 2015
The environment at Edison is conducive to kids thinking they can behave and treat others anyway they choose because when favoritism is shown, they know what teachers to go to to get what they want.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 16, 2015
If there were true compassion, the student who was not able to run for office would have been given an opportunity to do so had the teacher who lost her form in the first place, actually had an election. In stead he creates a position to pacify her.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 16, 2015
Favoritism is shown to certain students and their families. Student Government Elections were not held and popular students were appointed.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 02, 2015
Where my child comes home they are teaching me things that I didn't even know, I see her brain being fed more more every day I'm extremely impressed

515 East Sixth Street, Ontario, CA  91764-1818
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.