Ontario, CA

Oaks Middle School 1

Posted February 17, 2014
The office admins are cruel they probably hate kids, and they don't listen to anything , they love to make mountains out of molehills. Literally touching someone or give someone a nickname, the school will label it as sexual harassment or bullying and you'll be suspended They still have a uniform policy, which is a thing of the 19th century. The teachers are nice, some are very nice while others need to remember we're in a middle school, this isn't a college campus, stop looking for so many specific things and nitpicking at our work The way they teach Algebra 1 here is broken, they do a "flipped classroom". They expect students to go home and watch videos, but by the time the year is into full swing, they copy out of the textbook, teachers know that an average teenager will get lazy and do the easy way. Inside the class, math is taught for only 20 minutes, then they expect you to fully know it. More than half the students in every alg 1 class are a d or lower The staff also loves to pull up the "Distraction" card on hats, beanies, pics on binders etc. it isn't a legit excuse, anything can be a distraction I can't wait to leave this school, 3 more months and I can enjoy school.

Posted August 25, 2011
I love this school. I'm a 7th grader!! :P I love the locker rooms. It's also cool during lunch when they put music

Oaks Middle School

Posted August 15, 2009
I honestly think that Oaks Middle could do so much better. Principles and teachcers hardly interact with students and students always get away with things like eating in class or chewing gum.

Posted December 23, 2008
I am a seventh grader at Oaks middle school ,diana hana,12,and i think my school is fantastic i think im so lucky to be in this school.Although i do admit i have some trouble with the rules but other than that everything is great.The teachers,principal,the campous,after school activities,and much much much more are incredible and in my opinon so is the language arts teacher,Mr.s Anainan.

Posted October 30, 2008
I'm a student at this school & I just wanna say this school rocks! They have the best lockers ever & great food. I love the burritos! The teachers are all fun & stuff. They have great after-school opertunities (I misspelled that). I hope Oaks can keep this level of awesome-ness.

Posted August 22, 2007
I found this school to have been a great time. I found that the teachers not only taught me a whole lot In my two years but were also friendly people. This school had guided me through the transition to hight school very smoothly. The performing arts department Is amazing.

Posted October 12, 2006
I'm in my second year at oaks, and Im really enjoying my stay here.Their are so many options here.You can have they greatest time here or it can be your worst it al depends on how you decide to act or react.

Oaks Middle School 3

Posted July 22, 2006
This school requires wearing uniforms. Oaks is a fairly decent school but you really have to stay on top of things or your child will get lost in the system,along with all the other kids that cant read,write or do math.

Oaks Middle School 3

Posted July 08, 2006
Wow I just graduated from this school and I had fun for my first 2 years. I had many classes with this school cooking,typing,sports,computers, and band all of these electives are great. They also have many fun school projects and stuff like assemblies talent shows I was in one and it was a thrill and dances these are excellent. I wouldnt have wanted to go to any other school just this one and if I could do this adventure all over again I would. Teachers are crazy (in a good way) they care about you and the princible is very very strict the also have field trips!

Posted June 24, 2006
i just finished my second year at oaks middle school.The acdemic program is great(depends on the teachers).The carriculum is not as fast as it could be but theres nothing wrong with reviewing to make sure you get what you already learned.There are alot of extracurricular avtivities.the after school sports are engaging to watch and play.The coaches are enthuastic about the sports.We have girls and boys volley ball,girls and boys football, irls softball, boys softball,girls soccer,boys soccer,girls basketball,and boys basket ball.The after school programs are fun and cool to join.Theres the boys and girls club (to make new friends),the snowboarding club,yearbook,video crew,cooking club,disection,journalism club, and etc.The elective clases are twice as fun.oaks has beginning and advanced orchestra,begining and advanced band,music appreation,civics,avid, peercounsling,technolgy,computers,homeec,and drillteam/auxilarys.the dril team/auxillarys is a performing arts group. they go to competitions with the marching band(the advanced band. the parents try there best to help but there could be more

Oaks Middle School
1221 South Oaks Avenue, Ontario, CA  91762
(909) 988-2050
Last modified Oaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oaks Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top