Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” -William Arthur Ward

Develops character: Neutral

I chose neutral, because aside from these two unmoved, burned-out, and ready to retire staff!! Many of the other staff, especially in the; AVID, language arts, physical ed,, and social science departments, the teaching staff does helps students with developing honesty, integrity and fairness in most of the students.

My child attends this school since last year, currently in 8th grade. As an “A” student with a horrible math teacher last year, my child feared being in her classroom, and disagreed with the negativity of this teacher. This specific teacher had a student teacher in her classroom, and I believe her job as a mentor teacher was to be a role-model and set a strong and positive foundation for this student teacher. Instead, she would spend the day telling the children under her supervision; that they were “the worst class,” that “education was free, “aside from many other abusive and prejudice comments. Being a working family my husband and I were appalled by her comments. When I told my child I was going to be meeting with this teacher my child was petrified! Crying and begging not to do it, I listened and respected my child’s decision. This year I am finding that this year’s 8th grade math teacher sits most of the class time, and does a 20 minute lecture. When the students have questions she makes comments that are belittling to the children such as; “I’m going to teach you right now!,” “and mocks struggling children, who ask questions making comments such as; “I already taught that!” and when a child asks a questions, she shuts them down and tells her students “just sit over there, you don’t even do anything either way!” I do not know what other resource to go to, but to make this a known fact! If there are other parents out there please write your comments so that our voices can be heard! Our children are not getting a “FREE EDUCATION” we are all tax payers! Superiors, I hope you get an opportunity to read this and go over the annual mandates in regards to child abuse with your staff!!!!

The office admins are cruel they probably hate kids, and they don't listen to anything , they love to make mountains out of molehills. Literally touching someone or give someone a nickname, the school will label it as sexual harassment or bullying and you'll be suspended They still have a uniform policy, which is a thing of the 19th century. The teachers are nice, some are very nice while others need to remember we're in a middle school, this isn't a college campus, stop looking for so many specific things and nitpicking at our work The way they teach Algebra 1 here is broken, they do a "flipped classroom". They expect students to go home and watch videos, but by the time the year is into full swing, they copy out of the textbook, teachers know that an average teenager will get lazy and do the easy way. Inside the class, math is taught for only 20 minutes, then they expect you to fully know it. More than half the students in every alg 1 class are a d or lower The staff also loves to pull up the "Distraction" card on hats, beanies, pics on binders etc. it isn't a legit excuse, anything can be a distraction I can't wait to leave this school, 3 more months and I can enjoy school.

I love this school. I'm a 7th grader!! :P I love the locker rooms. It's also cool during lunch when they put music

I honestly think that Oaks Middle could do so much better. Principles and teachcers hardly interact with students and students always get away with things like eating in class or chewing gum.

I am a seventh grader at Oaks middle school ,diana hana,12,and i think my school is fantastic i think im so lucky to be in this school.Although i do admit i have some trouble with the rules but other than that everything is great.The teachers,principal,the campous,after school activities,and much much much more are incredible and in my opinon so is the language arts teacher,Mr.s Anainan.

I'm a student at this school & I just wanna say this school rocks! They have the best lockers ever & great food. I love the burritos! The teachers are all fun & stuff. They have great after-school opertunities (I misspelled that). I hope Oaks can keep this level of awesome-ness.

I found this school to have been a great time. I found that the teachers not only taught me a whole lot In my two years but were also friendly people. This school had guided me through the transition to hight school very smoothly. The performing arts department Is amazing.

I'm in my second year at oaks, and Im really enjoying my stay here.Their are so many options here.You can have they greatest time here or it can be your worst it al depends on how you decide to act or react.

Last modified Oaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.