Salem Lutheran School

Private | K-8

Living in Orange

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $417,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,760.

Sweep tile

Posted March 12, 2014

I feel so blessed that my kids attend school at Salem. It is an incredible school to be a part of ! It really has it all: strong academics, a laptop program, a well-rounded sports program for 4th - 8th graders, a top notch art and music department., weekly chapels and religious work in class, an awesome library, and much, much more! The teachers really care about the kids and the principal is very hands on and always walks around campus. There is a wonderful family / community atmosphere (amazingly friendly parents and teachers) and a Christ - centered focus. Each grade builds upon the one before it. My daughter began in Preschool and we were so happy, we never left. She is now part of the Jr High program and absolutely loves going to school everyday! That is saying a lot for a Jr High! We love the location in east Orange; very peaceful. We have felt welcome on campus since the first day we came to Salem. The 8th graders graduate on to strong high schools in the area and these schools say that Salem graduates are the strongest compared to other schools. We are grateful everyday to have our kids at Salem!! We highly recommend Salem Lutheran!

Posted January 26, 2013

I am honored to be a parent at Salem Lutheran School. I am grateful for the phenomenal education my daughter is receiving at Salem. It is unlike any other school I have seen. Truly top notch! I appreciate all the hard work and care of the teachers and principal. They truly care about the students. Salem Lutheran School is a wonderful school, has unparalleled academics, well rounded in the arts and technology, great athletic programs, and God centered atmosphere.

Posted October 14, 2011

Love this place! They will love your child and use the multiple intelligences. Not a one dimensional like the Tustin schools. I'm impressed!

Posted June 18, 2011

We love Salem! I have one in preschool and the other entering Kindergarten. Their technology and art programs are outstanding. The teachers are caring and really seem to love their job. I wouldn't want my children to be anywhere else.

Posted June 12, 2011

This is an amazing school. I was very impressed by the sense of community I felt immediately after walking onto the campus. There are high academic standards and the teachers and staff are wonderful. The school also has a heart for servicing their community. I am so thankful that my children attend this school and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great education.

Posted June 11, 2011

This school as taught me to live my life for God. Every day I got to grow closer to Him as well as create memories and friendships that will last forever. The teachers were amazing and you could always tell that they cared about each and every student. Salem is like a second home to me and I'm going to miss it next year. It was an awesome experience for the past 12 years of my life!!

Posted June 10, 2011

This school taught me how to live a life with God and I have some amazing relationships that will last forever. Salem has great teachers and other role models who have shown me how to love others. I love this school a lot! I've always thought of it as a second home and a safe place. Salem is awesome!!

Posted June 8, 2011

Simply an amazing school. Have had two graduate and go on to excel at High School and still have one attending. Teachers are caring, academics strong, and a great technology program. Would rate this tops to any parent.

Posted January 15, 2011

I've had all my kids attend Salem but only pre-school through Kindergarten. We wanted them to have a very good Christian foundation before going into public school. This has worked out really well for us. Its sad to hear about others who havent had as great an experience. My wife and I visited a ton of churches before deciding on Salem. It was the only church we visited where people went out of their way to say hello and make us feel welcome. It is hard to read some of the negative posts about them being all about money as we have been the recipients of some amazing acts of charity since we began attending.

Posted December 6, 2010

This place was a joke! Don't waste your time! My daughter was a straight A student, honors and Principals list during her 5 years there and now suffers at a public middle school. She needs tutors in multiple subjects! She can tell you a Bible verse though! The kids are very sheltered and not ready for the real world when they leave this place. If you are looking for a snooty place to prove you drive a nice car and have money, then this is your place. STAY AWAY!

Posted February 5, 2010

After moving to the area from Irvine (one of the best school districts in the nation), we could not be happier with the teaching and the experience at Salem. The teachers care tremendously about the kids, and the administration runs a great program, that is wholly focused on providing the best education for the kids. The athletics are top notch, and a great preparer for Orange Lutheran. And unlike some of the comments on here, we have not seen any pressure to fundraise or favorites played to those that do. If you care about your children getting a great education, and an experience they will remember for a lifetime, Salem is a great school, that is truly focused on Christ.

Posted April 28, 2009

I am a sophomore in high school and I attended Salem from preschool through eighth grade. I always thought Salem was a great school. I had wonderful friends and fun classes. But when I began public high school, I came to find that I was much farther behind than the other kids that had attended Santiago or McPhereson. Salem also shelters the students so much than when you are thrown into the real world, you don't know what is going on. Salem is a good school, but as long as you have the parenting skills to teach your children good values on your own, don't put thousands of dollars into private school, it's just not worth it.

Posted March 10, 2009

Helps to make donations & be an athelete if you want to get in to Lutheran HS. Teachers are alright nothing special, alot of traffic for this school, leave plenty of time to get there.

Posted January 5, 2009

this school is the best school!!! it makes me feel safe in this school and is a very friendly and kind school!!!

Posted August 6, 2008

Fabulous school! Great and safe environment. Excellent teachers!!! You won't regret sending your child here!

Posted October 11, 2007

I'm now a freshman in high school but I have to admit Salem did have some good qualities but I agree, it was a very interesting enviorment, especially when you get into older grades. Many of the teachers played favorites and I didnt appreciate that! It was like I had to impress them so much, but if you played a sport or your mother or father were part of the school you were royalty! This school was a disappointment to me and my parents. Im now behind in all of my classes. Don't waste your money!

Posted June 6, 2007

Your child will be treated based on the donations you give to the school. The more money you give, the better your child, and you, are treated. The only asset this scholl has are these teachers, Mr. Violette and Mr. Kelso. An advice, do not put your children there, unless you have no other choice.

Posted February 5, 2006

I have two children in the preschool program. I'm impressed with the dedication and heart the teachers put into the lessons. I'm less impressed by the facility. The toys and equipment are aging and the rooms are quite small. But there are improvements coming, according to a plan to build a new facility.

Posted January 4, 2006

Good preschool- not academic for the 2 day program but friendly teacher and christian focused.

Posted June 20, 2005

This is a very nice school, the playground equipment is fairly new, the campus is clean, the gymnasium is brand new and the overall feeling of the school is a safe and respected environment not only among the faculty but with the students as well.

Ethnicity This school
Black 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6411 East Frank Lane