Orange, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted January 15, 2014
St. John's is a fantastic school. My children started at St. John's this year and are happy to go to school every day. The elementary school is challenging, but fun. The middle school offers many extra curricular activities and opportunities for the students through the elective program. The students use computers, iPads, and other technology every day. The teachers are very loving and helped my children make a smooth transition. The church offers wonderful midweek programs and social activities for the students, which my kids enjoy participating in. We are so happy that we found St. John's. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 15, 2014
St. John's is truly a GREAT school! Considering the beautiful facilities, wonderful teachers, and excellent programs, it is an excellent value for a private school. My children love their teachers and find the other students to be friendly and polite. The teachers deal with problems quickly. Yes, there is religious instruction every day. Of course! But this is a wonderful opportunity for students to develop strong moral character. The parents are involved and St. John's has a wonderful community of friendly and welcoming people. I've checked around and talked to friends and I believe that St. John's is the best school in the area!

St. John's Lutheran School 3

Posted September 09, 2013
The school's good at times, bad at other times-Some grades are better than others K, 1st, 2nd are good, 3rd and 4th mediocre to bad, depending on the teacher. Math curriculum is poor. 5th is much better and the middle school is good enough on a intersection with no field and pollution. The children are required to memorize the writings of Luther. There is ALOT of nepotism. They are difficult to negotiate with if you disagree with anything. Criticism is dealt with via denial. There have been several families that have left the school due to the admin refusal to deal effectively with concerns. Most of the students attend because the public schools are Hispanic. Caucasian families send their children to Private. The school keeps the church membership high due to ethnic concerns in public schools and the tuition discount for church tithing. Many people go to other churches. My child commented that the children demonstrate behavior that's non-Christian, bad language, bullying, and making fun of the Christian teachings. Teachers are unable to supervise the children due to staffing and economic hardships.

Posted July 23, 2013
Moved my children here from another local private lutheran school and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are extraordinary and the Principal has a firm hand in the day to day operations of the school. The students that go to St Johns have all been so kind and welcoming to my kids and we are proud to call ourselves a St John's family.

Posted July 15, 2013
My child just finished Pre-K at St. John's and flourished. I'm surprised by the bad review posted 5/18/13. Our experience was vastly different- very positive. In particular, I disagree that Lamb's Lot is "glorified day care." They employ the Handwriting Without Tears program, which has been very successful. IMO, the curriculum is more advanced than that of OUSD kindergarten. My nephew attends a touted Irvine public school kindergarten with 37 kids in his class (5.5 - 6 y/os) and not much ahead of mine. St. John's has enrichment programs cross-utilizing faculty, so the kids get to work with the other teachers. It's hands on creativity and experiential learning. They have a nutrition expert on staff preparing all snacks. Kids learn about healthy life choices, including the importance of exercise and nutrition. The tuition is lower than other private schools that offer less. The campus is clean, safe, and secure. Teachers are caring and enthusiastic. The director could be more visible and interact more with parents- I agree with that. I think she's shy (vs. incompetent), but she should extend more effort. I researched many schools and visited 6 before choosing. St. John's is great!

Posted June 20, 2013
I attended St. John's from 1st-8th grade. St. John's is a safe and encouraging enviornment to grow up in. I was fortuate enough to have amazing teacher's that took the time to assist me with subjects I was weak in. Additionally, they caught my sister's learning disability in first grade and found her a tutor to assist with dislexia and central auditory processing disorder.

St. John's Lutheran School 1

Posted May 18, 2013
We had a horrible experience at St. John's Preschool (Lamb's Lot). It was essentially a glorified day care--the education is so sub par. The director could not be bothered to even say hello when you walked through the door, and there was always tension between staff members and teachers. I know others who shared in our experience. I would never recommend this school!

Posted September 27, 2012
Both of my children have attended St. John's since kindergarten. One is now a freshman in high school and says her classes are so easy. One is in the outstanding middle school now. St. John's has prepared them for life with strong academic skills and a strong set of Christian values. The facilities are above par, super clean and constantly being updated. The teachers and staff are caring and get to know each child as an individual. My children have completely different learning styles and personalities. They both love their school and each has been accommodated with their learning styles in the classroom. There are plenty of opportunities for me to get involved with my kids at school. The principal is amazing and has made great strides in keeping St. John's one of the best schools in the area by improving curriculum and overall student growth. As a parent I feel the investment that I have made in my child's education at St. John's is one of the best decisions I have made. I feel they are safe, cared for and they are receiving a superior education in a prestigious school setting.

Posted July 30, 2012
We love St. John's and thank God for the great teachers and wonderful people we have met at the school and at church. We have a 1st grader and a 5th grader and could not be happier with the academic, athletic, and music programs offered there. At about $5,000 per year it is a great investment in our children and the best private Christian school in Orange County in my opinion.

St. John's Lutheran School 1

Posted April 19, 2012
We hate St. Johns Lutheran School of Orange!!!!! They are inconsistent with their rules. The people that attend this school are rude. (parents and kids) It is always a double standard. Very unchristian like behavior from everyone we dealt with!!! Bullying is rampid!!!

St. John's Lutheran School
154 S Shaffer Street, Orange, CA  92866
Last modified St. John's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. John's Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top