No rating

Covenant Christian

Private | K-8 | 70 students

Our school is known for our award winning athletic program

Living in Orange

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $408,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,770.

Posted April 17, 2014

Covenant is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are truly loving, caring people and make you feel like family. We are very happy with the school.

Posted August 14, 2013

I love this school. The classes are small, so kids get the attention they need and the ladies in the office are super nice.

Posted August 1, 2013

My daughter has been at Covenant Christian School in Orange, CA since pre-school. She is now going into 4th grade. We have been so happy with the school. The teachers and staff really care about each individual child and go out of their way to help and make school an enjoyable learning experience. It is amazing how many of our students receive honors each trimester for grades of 3.5 gpa and above. When the kids enjoy what they do, they do a better job. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted September 10, 2012

Our son is now in 3rd grade at Covenant and has attended CCS since he was 3 years old. We love the school, the staff (teachers, office, principal, daycare) and the warm and friendly environment. The class sizes are smaller than public and most private schools providing an excellent learning environment. His academic achievement and scores are very impressive and we could not be more pleased. CCS is an extended family for us and we love the fact that all the children know each other, biblical principles are taught and it shows in the way the children treat each other with love and respect.

Posted August 24, 2012

My daughter attended the summer program this year and we love this school. The staff is amazing. The environment is very friendly and there is more attention on the kids, then our experience in traditional schools/summer programs. My daughter goes to one of the top schools in the county, but has always struggled with bullying in that school and as a result has been sad, and hated going to school. In just two months of going to the summer program she is like a different child, she is so much happier and loves to go CCS, she gets along great with all the other students, and absolutely loves the staff. We like it so much here, we are going to try to send her to school here full time :) Thank you to the staff and everyone at the school for being so awesome!

Posted June 26, 2012

My son has been coming to CCS for preschool for 2 years and he loves it. I just started my daughter here and she is loving it too. I am very happy with all the teachers. I can tell all the teachers actually loves their job and students. The preschool director is very sweet. Overall...I highly recommend the preschool.

Posted May 18, 2012

My son has gone to preschool at Covenant for three years now. We have absolutely loved all of his teachers and couldn't have asked for a more supportive and loving environment for him. The school is affordable while also upholding very high standards. I would recommend it to any parent.

Posted April 24, 2012

I have a Preschooler and Elementary Student at CCS. This is our first year at CCS and we couldn't be happier! -Small class sizes mean more one on one attention -The teachers model their love for and their faith in Jesus Christ -The teachers help the students to achieve their personal best in academics and behavior -Everyone is super friendly -My kids love to learn because their teachers put forth 110% into their teaching -My kids are seen as a person and not a number like we felt in the public school system!!! We have been warmly welcomed into the CCS family. My only regret is that we didn't start sending them to CCS sooner!!!

Posted March 27, 2012

I am a former student of Covenant Christian school, as well as a parent of children who have attended Covenant Christian School. Two of my children have gone through the pre-school program at Covenant, and I was thrilled with the program! The teachers provided excellent instruction to help my children with kindergarten readiness skills. I loved the fact that my children were learning basic skills in a loving, christ-centered environment.

Posted March 25, 2012

We are now WASC accredited. We have a fabulous young principal and with small class sizes we are able to give individual attention to your children. I teach a science lab to children K- 5. It is the highlight of my week to interact with them and watch their scientific thinking grow. Come check us out. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Posted March 25, 2012

I am a former student of Covenant Christian School. The faith based education that I received gave me a firm foundation and helped me as I entered the public education system for high school. Covenant Christian School empowered me, helped me grow in my faith, and equipped me for life in public school. It was an incredible blessing to me!

Posted February 19, 2012

Our daugher was a different child after we moved her to this school. She went from failing and being suspended at one school to a honor student with friends. She loved her teacher and her fellow students. The staff, teachers and students were helpful and loving to each other. The older students are taught to be role models to the younger children. The new principal is wonderful. If you want a great education and a wonderful environment for your children please look at this school.

Posted September 19, 2011

This is a wonderful school. My son has been going here since Kindergarten and he has always been close to the teachers. So far, all teachers K-2 have been exceptional and have been responsive to any of our questions or concerns. Academically, my son's reading and math skills I believe are higher than peers his age. The size of the classes (12) have provided almost a personalized instruction which definitely have assisted in the skill building. The office support is also wonderful and very helpful. Oh yes, we just got a new principal and I can see just in the few short months he is an exceptional leader and organizer. He's even managed to get most of us late parents on time! Already a great school, with this principal there's no where to go but off the charts!

Posted September 17, 2011

from the first phone call into the office until now, almost 2 years later we have been surrounded by love and friendship at CCS! Instant embracing by great quality teachers and staff. I love to volunteer as it's so rewarding. I only wish even more parents would participate at events-they dont know what they are missing!

Posted August 18, 2011

My daughter went to this preschool when she was 3 years old. The curriculum and end of year portfolio were nice but communication was not good. I rarely saw the teacher and the before and after school teachers were not nice to my daughter. The behavior management program "Obedience God's Way" with its color coding system is something that should only be used in first grade on up and instead it was used in a 3 year old's class. It is punitive and provides absolutely no opportunity for a child to correct their behaviors. I pulled my daughter out of this school and found an excellent preschool that really was more Christian than Covenant claims to be.

Posted June 22, 2010

My daughter went to CCS Kindergarten through 8th grade. She LOVED CCS! She was very active in sports at CCS, especially basketball and volleyball. And, while she graduated as 8th grade Valedictorian, I still hoped and prayed that CCS had prepared her well for high school, especially since we enrolled her at a local prestigious private high school. Well, CCS did prepare her well! She finished her freshman year with a 4.0 GPA, and played JV basketball and JV track. CCS is a wonderful school, with wonderful teachers; and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Posted March 3, 2008

I am a new parent to the school this school year and I have been so happy with Covenant. There are so many extra curricular activities offered that my kids have something going every day of the week there. Our principal there has been great and has a true passion for his work with our kids, and for our kids. There are so many great opportunies for parents to be involved here and I just see this school continuing to grow stronger and stronger.

Posted March 17, 2007

CCS is an excellent school. Our daughter is so happy there. We love her teachers. They are committed to providing a quality education. They truly love the children and teach through their actions. Character and integrity are being taught. They are also being shown the love of the Lord and learning to walk in His ways every day. We are pleased that they offer music, art, science, computer, library and PE. They also offer other extracurricular activities like sports, cheer, dance, etc. I would whole-heartedly recommend Covenant Christian School!

Posted May 8, 2006

Great school! Teachers that not only teach the Christian faith but show it in thier actions. Academics are improving every year. Close to being accredited.

Posted February 24, 2006

Just a great school. My daughter is in Kindergarten, and I looked all over. I am so bless to have my daughter's teacher at her school.She walks with the lord and just loves kids. Go see for yourself.

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Autism
  • Significant developmental delay
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Extra learning resources offered
  • Acceleration

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mr. Jeff Williamson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Presbyterian
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students

• Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Drama club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

10 out of 10students were accepted for the 2012-2013 school year.

Students accepted for the 2012-2013 school year

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Orange Lutheran