Orange, CA

Posted February 07, 2014
My daughter is in second grade In this school! From La Veta, this school has great teachers and its incomparable to what we had experience in La Veta. Education starts at home and continues in school! And it's in this school where you can find a true loving and supportive teachers. They take each kid as a unique individual and supports them all the way through! They have great IEP program and Ms Tran is awesome! Yes it needs more parent involvement but the educational activities they do organize for the kids are just so many and fun! The Pricipal, Mr. Mortensen is so approachable! Greay scool staff always there to help! Fliers come both Spanish and English which does not bother me at all! Love to see some of the non-English speaking parents who tries their best to attend and be there for their kids!

Posted January 18, 2013
After sending my kids to Private school then to Villa Park (because its so great), we are excited to give Cambridge a try. We have spoken to community members, teachers from other schools as well a parents and we think Cambridge will be a great choice. We believe it all comes down to parent involvement. As for now, the staff seems great.

Posted May 19, 2011
I find it so interesting that one school could have such high and then such low ratings. My experience at the school has been wonderful. Of course the school isn't perfect, but every concern I have brought up with teachers and/or administrators have been taken seriously and addressed in a timely manner. I have never felt like the school caters to non-english speakers. All important papers are sent home in both spanish and english but doing what it takes to help all parents get involved in their child's education does not bother me one bit. And for what it's worth, I've NEVER seen anything come home just in spanish. Where this school is lacking is in parent involvement. But you can't blame the school for that. I think the families who are the happiest at Cambridge are those who roll up their sleeves and decide to get involved, making the school a better place for all the kids and helping solve problems with the public education system instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

Posted May 13, 2011
Not pleased at all. It seems that they cater more to children who can't speak English and do not offer any REAL help to the ones who ask for it. My children attended this school and there is a handful of good teachers but majority need to retire or find a more suitable career. There is no room for creativity or exploration here. If your child has passion or a creative mind beware.....Dream killers. It is unfortunate that the teachers who do make a difference are not recognized. I feel there is a lot of lazy staff here that are just there for a paycheck. This is not a school I would recommend. It is truly not a place for a young mind.

Posted April 01, 2011
Excellent teachers, we are very happy to have our son attend Cambridge. Wonderful community. Needs more parents to step up and help support this school and voice their suggestions to the administrators.

Posted September 06, 2009

Posted August 25, 2009
We moved to Old Towne Orange two years ago, and while we love the area, the awful school is the reason we are moving back to North Tustin. Our children's teachers have been fine, but clearly overworked. All communications are in both Spanish and English. When you go to Back to School Night, you sit and listen to one line of English, then the translation in Spanish. I have no problem with presentations in Spanish - but don't make me sit through them. The same goes for newsletters, etc. I can't tell you how many times only the Spanish version of some important paper was sent home. Parent participation is extremely low. The first Back to School Night we attended, we were the ONLY ones in my son's class, and only one of 8 parents for our daughter. Education is not a priority - the students face too many outside challenges.

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted March 03, 2009

Posted January 10, 2009

Cambridge Elementary School
425 North Cambridge, Orange, CA  92866
Last modified Cambridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cambridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top