Posted May 27, 2015
My daughter is enrolled in the TK Program with Mrs. Goodbrand. Our home school is Villa Park but, I seriously considered keeping her at Fletcher; if not for the distance, I would have. The teachers and staff do a great job of getting to know the children and create a personal experience. Mrs. Goodbrand is a stearn but caring teacher and I have thus far enjoyed having her teach my child.

Posted February 02, 2015
This is our first year at Fletcher. My son joined the Mandarin Immersion Program in the fall, and I'll admit I was skeptical of the school at first because of previous test scores and things I had read about in its past, but after visiting several other schools, I was especially impressed with the front office staff and the overall vibe there, so I went with my gut, and I'm so glad I did. Since the beginning of school, I have been as involved as I can be, and everything I have seen has been a pleasant surprise. The level of parent involvement has astounded me. Because of the PTA's hard work and commitment, my son now gets music every week... almost unheard of these days! We are getting all the perks of other high-quality institutions at a school where you wouldn't normally expect it. We absolutely love his teacher, Ms. Deckard, and the principal, Ms. Nelson. Their level of professionalism and dedication to the students is clear, and I'm proud to say my son attends Fletcher Elementary.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2015
Choosing Fletcher for our son has been one of the best decisions we've made. I understand there were issues in the past--I believe that is all history. The principal, Ms. Nelson, and new office staff are smart, engaged, and responsive. The PTA is very active and is constantly working on new programs such as the Music program, which offers music to every student--the only OUSD elementary school to do so. Parents are involved in the classroom (I volunteer once a week inside the class) and are very invested in their children's success. Old test scores don't tell the whole story. Fletcher is growing and changing for the better every year.

Posted January 27, 2015
We have absolutely nothing but positive things to say about Fletcher, Ms. Nelson, the Teachers or the Admin staff. Our interactions with all have been great. Our son is flourishing due in large part to their ability to make him see how fun learning is. He had developed a love for reading and we have Ms. Robinson to thank for that. The MIP has really helped to keep our son focused and before long we fully expect him to be speaking mandarin fluently. Best decision we ever made was enrolling at Fletcher.
6 people found this helpful

Fletcher Elementary School 4

Posted May 09, 2014
Thanks to its growing Mandarin Immersion program , new Principle and new PTA members . It's thriving to achieve new goals and set new standards for OUSD .

Fletcher Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2013
Fletcher Elementary is on the road to success, being lead strongly by the new Principal Ms. Nelson. Her passion for student success is evident in her support of the school's MIP. Parents come be a part of this change .. the PTA is waiting and wanting to do more for these kids they deserve it they are the future.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 21, 2013
We have enrolled our child in the Mandarin Immersion Program and the teachers and principal have gone above and beyond our expectiations. The staff at Fletcher is committed and conduct monthly meetings to update the parents and they are very responsive to our needs and concerns. For example, I sent an email with a serious concern to the principal and teacher and they responds in less than 12 hours and called me personally to address my concern. It is not easy for one teacher to teach 20 something kids and I don't expect the teacher to be able to tailor the education for my child or give one to one attention to my child. So, I am supplementig him at home with additional work books. This is a team effort and the teacher and I communicate regularly. I love how the school has a superbuck/ rewardi system where the kids get these superbucks for good behavior and on certain Fridays, they get to go to the superbuck store to get prizes. That is an excellant idea that we have adopted at home. I have nothing but high regards for the MIP teachers and principal at Fletcher. Just wait and watch. Those state scores are going to soar!

Posted October 09, 2013
We looked at many public and private schools before deciding on Fletcher, namely for the Mandarin Immersion Program. It was the best educational decision we have made for our child. Our experience so far has only been positive. The teachers and staff are wonderful and we've been very impressed with the new principal, Mrs. Nelson. The school was modernized over the summer with SMART boards in every classroom and new computers in the computer lab. The PTA has a strong membership this year filled with very active and engaged parents who want to see this school succeed. As for the MIP program, it is an understatement to say that we are impressed with the program and teachers. We consider this program a gift for our child and the ability to speak Mandarin as an incredibly useful tool for our global society and economy. Our child enjoys school so much that Fridays are are worst day of the week and Mondays are the happiest. Fletcher is not the same school that past reviewers have negatively described. This school is clearly thriving and growing in a very positive direction and we're happy to be a part of the process.
4 people found this helpful

Fletcher Elementary School 1

Posted June 27, 2013
This school continues to decline. There are teachers there who do nothing but yell at the kids. The teachers dole out discipline unfairly and unevenly, playing favorites with the kids of "good" parents and targeting the kids with "bad" parents. My sons friend son was targeted for having designs carved into his hair because it was "distracting" but no one says anything to the kids with the Mohawks and rooster comb hair cuts. Teachers are not there on time, kids are left unsupervised on the playground until their teacher decides to show up. When I stop by in the morning to meet with his teacher at 7:30AM, she doesn't bother show up until 8:00AM even though she is supposed to be at work at 7:30AM. My son also says that the teachers don't supervise the playground and it is very scary how rough the kids get. My child told me that his teacher never picks them up on time from recess or lunch. I think the only goal of the teachers and principal here is to ignore their responsibilities and build their own egos by bullying kids and parents as much as possible. No wonder the kids aren't learning and no one wants to join the PTA or have their kid go there. On to private school.

Fletcher Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2012
In response to the teacher, Fletcher Elementary has been in the bottom 50% as far as statewide test scores, for a decade. Fletcher's scores had a spike in 2011 (up some from 2010) but are right around the 40th percentile for the state. Maybe all schools are "on the way up" as you indicated (except the one in LA) . That I don't know and will have to research. What I do know is that Fletcher is not doing well over all. I also know that my daughter has had a couple of incidences in which she was treated poorly by staff. As a result, this parent is resentful and distrustful of Fletcher as a whole.

Fletcher Elementary School
515 West Fletcher Street, Orange, CA  92865
Last modified Fletcher Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fletcher Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top