Orange, CA

Handy Elementary School 3

Posted April 18, 2013
I have both my daughters at this school. One attends Kinder an the other attends 6th grade. Their first year at Handy 2013. My 6th grader was bullied, but principal and her teacher took it very serious, maybe because I made a huge dilema about it. Their lunch menu is not that appetizing (per my kids). On the other hand teachers are great @ Handy.

Handy Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2011
I would like to point out to the public, despite some of the unfavorable comments posted, Handy has some of the most highly trained teachers in the county as required in receipt of additional grants and other funding. Our teachers work tirelessly to marry the no-non-sense curriculum standards and language development to engaging lessons and activities. Welcome is the public, to come share any of your gifts of time, energy , or resources in the development of your community's young people! We'd love to have you!

Posted August 19, 2010
My son has gone to a private school since preschool and unfortunately had to finish the last 6 weeks of 5th grade at this school since it is closest to our home. What a mistake. We are used to a very mixed/diverse enviornment and this school was not it. My son was antagonized every day and ate lunch by himself. When I mentioned it to the principal she laughed it off. I called and left messages for his teacher to call me on several occasions with no response. This school does NOT care about it's students or parent participation. My son lost his father in Oct. 2009 and the heartache continued with this school treating him the way it did. I am in no way a racist but it is not right for a school to be so dominated that any other race is cast off and/or antagonized for NO reason. He should have been more protected by the staff!

Posted October 08, 2008
The students, teachers, and support staff all work extremely hard to ensure that all students are able to reach their fullest potential in a safe, challenging, and nurturing environment.

Posted August 11, 2008

Posted July 01, 2008
This school rocks!!!! Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality education!!!

Posted June 04, 2008

Posted June 04, 2008

Posted November 01, 2007
the teachers are doing good job, just we need to help kids with the homework.

Posted July 11, 2007

Handy Elementary School
860 North Handy Street, Orange, CA  92867
Last modified Handy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Handy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top