Orange, CA

La Veta Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2014
My daughter went to first grade in this school and I guess she got the worst teacher ever when it come to class organization and discipline. Although I worked full time and a mom with 4 kids, I made it to a point to go and be a parent volunteer once a week! I saw it all with this one partucular teacher! The class I don't think learned so much since she herself was just all over the place with her teaching technique! Thank God my daughter is smart and me taking the time to follow up at home, she did learn something and advanced to now currently 2nd grade ( of course to a different school with a far more better incomparable teacher) with no peoblems. Unfortunately, this schools scrambles the teachers every year, for my daughter going to 3rd grade, I'm just afraid she will get that teacher again! She needs to be Fired or Force to retire! The problem was brought to the principals attention... Not much difference!

La Veta Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2013
Wonderful teachers and parents. Unfortunately, the principal (Mrs. Smith) is awful. : ( She is overly controlling (alienating actually), and she is decimating the wonderful traditions that have been enjoyed at this school for years. Very sad. : (

La Veta Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2012
I have 4 children, 2 have moved on to high school and 2 are currently at La Veta, the school use to be the best however the new principal has taken away so many of the kids fun things to do and now my children give me a hard time to go to school...never had this before. Parking is so awful because there is no help and after many complaints the principal has not done anything to help improve the situation. Teachers are awesome!!!

La Veta Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2010
I'm not very happy with the school, my daughter is in 1st grade and I guess her teacher is dealing with personal problems and it shows, the kids did not learn as the other classes, and my daughter was placed on a very challenging class. I hope next year we have more luck and we have a better teacher.

Posted March 16, 2010

Posted October 09, 2009
It's a great school and my daughter loved going there! They sure could use the extra money. OUSD has done alot of cutbacks recently and the children shouldn't have to suffer. My daughter now is a senior in HS but we both have such fond memories of this school and its teachers and staff! The PTA always pulls through for the kids also providing additional opportunities the budget doesn't provide!

Posted August 11, 2009

Posted June 22, 2008

Posted May 11, 2008

Posted April 16, 2008

La Veta Elementary School
2800 East La Veta Avenue, Orange, CA  92869
Last modified La Veta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Veta Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top