Posted September 13, 2012
Linda Vista is great. The teacher are genuinely concerned about the children's welfare. Principal in "hands on" knows the kids by name and is accessible. Parents are friendly and helpful. I don't know what kids the others posted about being mean. This is my sons third year and all the kids in his classes have been very nice (and most of them well mannered as well).

Posted April 11, 2012
Linda Vista is very dedicated to providing a top notch academic program. Lots of parent involvement, which is great. However, if you are not fortunate enough to be a stay at home parent and /or able to volunteer massive amounts of time, your child may not get the positive attention they deserve, nor will you.. The classroom volunteers, albeit helpful, are way more involved with the parents than the teachers seem to be. I wish there was more of an attempt to establish relationships with those parents who can not be in their child's classroom on a weekly basis. Sometimes the teachers can be harsh in their approach to discipline. There is a certain level of intolerance for kids being "kids". The parking / drop off situation is a nightmare, like a lot of schools. Knowing that this is a challenge, there is little leeway given to parents in terms of tardiness. Gates are locked one minute after the bell rings and you have to drag all your kids through the office and given a lecture on being on time. All in all, this school seems strong and successful. It just wouldn't kill their reputation to lighten up a bit. Its not military school and happy kids are better than awards.

Posted November 05, 2011
I love Linda Vista and all the envolvement from the parents. I also love how small the school is. The principal is the best. She really cares about our kids!!!

Posted October 11, 2010
I also have to agree that Linda Vista has THE BEST PRINCIPAL ever!! She is very dedicated to her students on a personal level. She is also very hands - on, by over looking the car pool line, come rain or shine. However, my childs teacher does seem to be more harsh, than rewarding and not very relaxed. Students do need to have some fun, and could benefit by a teacher who knows how to relax and laugh with the kids from time to time. My child feels like she is attending a military school, instead of a public school. Maybe the combo classes aren't such a great idea, spreading a teacher too thin, even though they try and deny it. There is potential at this small school, but teachers do need to encourage and not discourage our students, who only want to please them....???

Posted January 27, 2010
I love how involved all the parents and teachers are.

Posted October 08, 2009
Great School! Small, lots of activities and good parent involvement.

Linda Vista Elementary School 0

Posted June 29, 2009
Schools great!!! What makes it stand out compared to other schools is one thing!! Parent involvement!!

Posted June 29, 2009
This was our first year here at Linda Vista, and I would have to agree with one of the other parent that wrote in. Some of the teachers could use a attitude adjustment. But then again my son learned some much at Linda Vista. The principal is awesome, she is always out in front in car line making sure that the kids get in the cars in a safe matter. I really had a hard time with the care line. New parents beware. I think the school needs to rethink the procedure on the car line. Hint...go about 20 minutes after school is out. There is less traffic. But all and all my kid had a great time.

Posted April 09, 2009
This is our 5th year at Linda Vista Elementary in Orange and our experience (with 2 children) has been very positive. It's a relatively small school which provides a very nurturing environment for the kids. This makes it easy to get to know the other families and to feel like you belong. The teachers really care about the children and their success and the high test scores reflect that. Good behavior is rewarded and discipline is handled swiftly but in a positive and fair manner. The principal is very warm and approachable. Parent involvement is high and lots of quality programs are the result of many hours of hard work by the PTA. Our kids love it there and we as parents couldn't ask for a better school to send them to!

Linda Vista Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2009
Linda Vista is a great school, but some of the teachers can use an attitude adjustment. My kids have been going there for 3 years now and this year is the first time I have heard my daughter complain that her teacher is mean.

Linda Vista Elementary School
1200 North Cannon Street, Orange, CA  92869
Last modified Linda Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linda Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top