Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have had 3 kids at this school. Before this year i have alway loved them.. The teacher are the best. So is the staff.. Sad to say that this all changed this school year when they got a new principle. She is not good for the school or the kids that attaned west Orange. She has no interest in doing what is best for a child with special needs. She will and has gone against the rules of an IEP. Her way to deal with a child that has any kind of problem is to try and make the parent switch school's. Even if that is not in the best interest of the child.She will this include a child because she does not like them or the parent because the parent stands up for their kid.She is a bully to parent's when they don't agree with her.It is very sad that ousd would let someone like her run a school. It is because of her i will be pulling my child out of ousd.

Large focus on English Language Development, 83% Hispanic. That being said my daughters have had great friends and good teachers here. We have been with West Orange since kindergarden (2009) and it was a great introduction to school life. There has been no bullying issues for my daughters. I would like to see more diversity of ethnicity and more challenging programs for children that are already English speaking and more teachers to bring the class sizes down. This year they have introduced a science/engineering club which is great! I believe the new principal will continue to up the quality of this school. I am giving parent involvement three stars because the programs are for Non English speaking parents.

My son Phoenix attended 4th grade (2006-2007) at West Orange Elementary when we moved to California in 2006. He is now a sophmore in high school. Coming from the east coast it was an adjustment not only adapting to the weather, culture, school uniforms, and a new environment but also having to learn the school's curriculum for the state of California. He was in a combo class (4th & 5th graders) with Ms. Johnson as his teacher. He excelled in his classes and was even asked to participate in the annual math competition representing the school. He made new friends and the principal at the time was wonderful, dedicated, and she was very accesible at any time. The school takes pride in providing our children with the tools they will need to prepare them for junior hight as well as giving them the knowledge into becoming our future leaders. We have since moved back to Boston and often think about his experience there and wonder what his friends are doing now.

My son has gone here since Kinder and now is in 4th. The teachers are great. I am yet to meet his 4th grade teacher but every previous teacher has really showed there dedication to their job. My son was having a rough start in Kinder but the teacher suggested we put him in a combo class and that did the trick! He needed the challenge and has exceeded ever since. My son also encountered some bullying but I made one visit to the Principal s office and he assured me this would be taken care of, "they do not tolerate bullying," and as they had said it was taken care of. I am a pleased parent and look forward to 2 more great years at this school! Thank you W. Orange!

This school has the most dedicated and skilled teachers I have ever met!

My child attended this school from K-5 and we could not have been more pleased with the teachers, staff, and cirriculum. Our sons California Test Results were amazing. We wish the school went to 6th grade so he could stay one more year. We have grown quite attached to the staff and teachers. Jr. High is like another planet. We loved West Orange! They just got a new principal, but I am sure he will do a great job.

Excellent school. Great teachers. Proud students. Caring staff. Challenging programs. My only concern is the recess and lunch monitors seem to let the mean kids get away with bullying, and not helping the poor kids out when they are getting hassled. I had to go directly to the principal once because he wasn't getting help from the recess monitors...and the monitors seem to enjoy handing out pink slips for small issues, but not the bullying. Strange but other than that, the school is top-notch!

Teachers are doing really great as well as the principal.I can see that my son is enjoying everyday at his school and doing great in academic from kinder until now at his third grade.Teachers are so kind hearted as i can see.

I am a parent of a child that attends West Orange Elementary. This school is sub par at its best. The staff (with the exception of a small handful) lack professionalism, caring, and support for parents.

Our children have attended West Orange since 2003, and the school just gets better. We have been very pleased with all of the teachers we have had so far. The principal is on top of things, and though she sometimes sounds like she is talking to children, even when talking to adults (lets face it, she does have to talk to children a lot, so maybe she has to stay in character!). She has been very helpful when we have questions. The teachers are very approachable, and the parents are very nice. There are a lot of school activities, educational field trips, and the homework is challenging yet realistic. We love this school.

Last modified West Orange Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.