Posted October 09, 2014
What an amazing school. We currently have two children enrolled at Holy Family Cathedral School and LOVE it! The principal, faculty and administration are wonderful. I know my children are receiving a top-notch education in a faith filled environment.

Posted August 11, 2014
The school is fantastic!!!! I have three children ranging in ages from pre-k to middle school and all are at Holy Family. All of our kids started in kinder or preschool (as preschool has now become available for little ones as old as 3!) have been to the school since kindergarten. I feel so blessed to have my children at such a great school. There is a sense of community on this campus that you don't feel elsewhere. I feel like my children are so loved, nurtured, and sheltered at Holy Family. I have found the teachers to be so attentive, caring, and concerned for my kids that it continues to amaze me! It's a blessing to have my kids in such a great school! Love it, love it, love it!!!!! My only regret is that my oldest will soon graduate. I am not sure where we will go from here as no place can be as wonderful as Holy Family.

Holy Family Elementary School 2

Posted June 27, 2014
Truth can hurt. While the teachers were amazing at this school for many years, this is what I am not complaining about. When you write a review the worst shows over the best. Well, coming from a Class of 2014 graduate I am happy I am leaving. First and foremost the schools issue with bullying is constant. Recently the school allowed some students into the school who had been causing trouble the whole year. I would say, but I don't need to. Academic dishonesty was a huge issue this year in my class and I am not going to lie but I was bullied because I would not share test answers. The teachers reaction to this was appropriate. It stopped, but should it have ever started? Kindergartners have been out in detention for being tardy. The school lacks funding. It is obvious the school wants students to attend mater dei to extend catholic education but the students do not live under catholic values. I am not attending mater dei and am glad I am not because I am sick of the bullying I faced at this school. Holy family I had attended you since kindergarten but eighth grade went down the drain when the students were allowed into the school. Will miss you k-7 but I'm fine 9-12.

Holy Family Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
The majority of teachers are great. However, the Jr High English and Science teachers are very poor. The school continues to have problems with bullying. The bathrooms are danger zones. There have accepted new students who were kicked out of public schools and they are causing problems. I would not recommend this school.

Posted May 17, 2013
As Principal of HFCS I welcome and encourage feedback from parents allowing opportunities to address such concerns as those shared. Our goal is to always uphold our school's mission which is dedicated to the education and formation of the whole child - spiritually, intellectually, artistically, psychologically and socially. Our ministry of education supports diverse learning styles and scholastic experience. Our first concern is always the safety and well-being of each student. We recognize that the care and education of the child begins with the family and that parents are the primary educators of their children. We support parents in their role by providing a learning and nurturing environment which promotes strong catholic values.

Holy Family Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2013
A latest 2013 review reveals that this school has still done nothing about the bullying problem there. Another review say the school motto is, "Jesus walks on this campus." I agree with this statement but it is the scorned and beaten Jesus personified in the innocent children there who do not return the aggressive, violent behavior of a few of the students whose parents instill this in them by failing to teach them Christen values. These parents seem to think think the school exists only for academic pursuit benefiting only their child. And the staff and principals turn a blind eye to whatever goes on not related to academics, thereby failing to provide a safe learning environment for all of the student body.

Posted January 09, 2013
This is the best school; a hidden gem in Orange! The teachers are outstanding! They are devoted, caring, willing to accommodate special needs, and always open and available to speak with parents. The principal and vice principal are equally exceptional. They are strong leaders, who listen to parents, teachers, and students and apply Catholic values to every decision or action. Holy Family offers exceptional academic programs, including an award-winning advanced math and while other schools have cut programs in these difficult economic times, Holy Family continues to offer specialty programs and classes like: art, computers/technology, library, PE, music, and in the upper grades Spanish and science lab. There is also a full time registered nurse (great for kids with chronic medical conditions). The school motto is "Jesus walks on this campus" and I have to say I see Him every day in the actions of these well-rounded children who are becoming faithful Christians, global and responsible citizens and effective communicators. I highly recommend that you call and ask for a tour. Once you see these kids and this campus you ll know it s the right place for your family!

Holy Family Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2012
I doubt that this school has changed much since my child was a student there. The reason I say this is because the school had a long history of parent cliques which ran the school for their own benefit, treating it as though it was a private school only for their own benefit, and not as a parochial school (which it is) which should be for the benefit of ALL students. To this day, my daughter cries when she recalls the nightmare of being trapped in a school where she was constantly bullied, not one-on-one, but by a band together against one child. Most teachers didn't want to get involved and the administration turned a deaf ear to the situation. I believe it was because they feared the the disingenuous parents and their bullying children. I wish I had had the courage to stand up on my own against the whole system, but I felt powerless against the politics involved, and, as a result, my child suffered with long lasting emotional wounds.

Posted September 04, 2011
Bar none, this is the best Catholic grade school in Orange County. While the curriculum is academically rigorous, the administration is top notch. Even with tough economic times, they have not laid off any teachers or cut programs. The teachers are exceptionally talented and work well with parents, but most importantly there is a sense of community and a spiritual connectedness. The school's motto is "Jesus Walks on This Campus." How great is that?! Our advanced math teacher was featured in the local paper this year because 9 of the Top 10 finishers in the Math Facts national competition were students in our advanced math class! Catholic schools have a rich history of academic excellence, but I'm biased. Holy Family is head and shoulders above the rest. This school isn't 5 stars, it's 10 stars!

Holy Family Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Everyone cares, everyone participates. Love of God is apparent everywhere

Holy Family Elementary School
530 South Glassell Street, Orange, CA  92866
Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Family Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top