Eldorado Emerson Private School 4

Posted February 25, 2015
Great teachers, great subjects, small class sizes. Needs to work on a more cohesive front and delivery.

Posted February 05, 2015
I love to see the children playing and learning. Eldorado is a small school with small classes. The school has a philosophy of education. The teachers and parents are dedicated to this. The school is non-sectarian and non profit, so no one is getting rich. The school has been around since 1958.

Posted January 28, 2015
I have two children who currently attend Eldorado Emerson and they are thriving. This school teaches to your child's academic ability and not by the State's mandated curriculum. Both of my children attend advanced math classes two grades above their current level. The teachers are outstanding. I can call or email them and they always take the time to respond to me. I am grateful for this as a full-time working parent who doesn't have time to volunteer in the classroom. My husband and I suggested putting them back in public school next year, and my oldest son went hysterical. He told me he loves his school and is challenged and inspired everyday and he absolutely does not want to attend a different school next year. I believe children give the most honest reviews of their own school. My kids are excited to attend school every day. They come home sharing their assignments and what they learned with sheer joy and big grins on their faces. To me, that is success.

Posted January 27, 2015
I have three sons that attend school here and I can safely say "my family loves Eldorado Emerson"! The class sizes are like none other, a maximum of 10 students per class insures each child receives as much one on one time with their teacher as they need. Each teacher is so unique and is allowed to bring that uniqueness to school each day to motivate and inspire in their own special way. The school is a student led environment which really encourages the children to learn at a developmentally appropriate pace based on the individual child. The school has great enrichment programs. The art program is like no other and inspires such creativity. My boys love their music lessons and foreign language study. They take real P.E. and also participate in a sports league for elementary students. The gardens at the school are a certified wild life sanctuary, birds chirp and frogs croak every morning. The kids in lower elementary also write and perform their own opera each year, it's amazing! Eldorado Emerson is quite a special place. We feel we are lucky to be part of the community and can't imagine attending school any place else.

Eldorado Emerson Private School 1

Posted September 17, 2014
We are severely disappointed & angered by the way our son was treated here. We enrolled him after a successful evaluation a few months ago, & he started in the Kindergarten class last week. By Day 2, the teacher said that she thought he should be switched to the Pre-K class bc he has trouble sitting still, which we are fine with. Instead, we meet with the evaluation board and his teacher this week to have them kick him out of the school completely, with no warning. They were unwilling to try putting him in Pre-K, and didn't think that a transition period would make a difference. They said,"There is no place for him at our school. Something is wrong with him. He needs to be diagnosed with ADD". Let me make it clear that among his pre-school teachers & staff, doctors, friends & family members that are educators, NONE of them have ever thought anything was wrong with his behavior. He's a normal 5 y/o with a lot of energy. If they gave him time to settle in, he would have adapted and been fine. These people should be ashamed of themselves...educators should be the last people to point to ADD, especially with no justification and not ever taking the time to learn about the child.

Eldorado Emerson Private School 2

Posted August 07, 2014
The school has no leadership. And nepotism problems. There are some problematic people here. That being said, many of the teachers were top-notch, and they offer a great curriculum in small classes. All this is irrelevant when the school is run so badly with terrible terrible communication. As the previous poster stated, the school is going through a leadership transition. Still. And where it is heading doesn't look promising. Many people have left the school. There are several staff and their families that have caused many issues and lead to wide-spread disappointment with the school. Hopefully the new leadership can somehow get the ship back on track and weed out some of the problems. I hope but doubt it will eventuate. It's too bad as my child really grew in confidence at the school but we just couldn't put up with the dysfunction in other areas.

Eldorado Emerson Private School 3

Posted July 28, 2013
Potentially could be one of the best schools in Orange County. This school needs some updating on education and some updating of the campus facilities but your child will get personalized attention and will develop a close, positive relationship with their teachers. This school is going through a leadership transition so it will be interesting to see if this school can hold onto its charming old fashion values while also embracing new and better ways of educating. Being an International school we thought that there would be the best of education philosophies applied from the most proven countries around the world. This is NOT the case. They use the California State curriculum that the public schools use and there is no other philosophy other than "Be Kind to Everyone and Everything." This works most of the time due to the teachers but it does not necessarily translate to the students or parents. Much is lost in translation. The High School is 90% Asain students learning ESL so if the student already knows English it is hard to have a larger social experience. The travel program is overpriced and does not follow curriculum. Wish there was a more unified teaching philosophy.

Posted March 05, 2013
Elodrado-Emerson. What a fantastic school. Where do I begin? I'm struggling with how to communicate the qualities of Eldorado-Emerson without writing a magazine-length article. I think I'll start with suggesting a couple of videos. Since most sites don't allow links to external content to be included in posts, I'm going to suggest typing the following search terms into Google: ken robinson ted creativity and david kelly ted creative confidence . The first one or two results returned will be videos from TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conferences. Envision a school that embodies the elusive ideals they're discussing. This is it. My two children are mid-way through elementary school, and have been attending Eldorado-Emerson since preschool. My kids know no other school, and school is something that they love. My daughter has actually feigned wellness when she was sick so she wouldn't have to be sent home. The kids are excited about learning, regardless of the subject, and the school has no shortage of great teachers. In addition to the standard curriculum, they've learned violin, Spanish, Latin, and computer programming. We love this school.

Posted October 01, 2012
We love this school! We swiched to this school mid year (from another private school in south county). The environment has been perfect for our son. Our son has made great leaps in knowledge and confidence since attending this school - this is truly a blessing. He has grown socially and academically. The educational program is structured yet allows for individual exploration. Our son's kindergarten teacher was watchful, caring, patient and intuitive. The school has an Art program with an amazing Art Studio. It was comforting when one of the art teachers told us that in terms of art "they" (the teachers)" develop patience". The school also has a PE program with an excellent PE teacher. Since switching to this school our son has improved dramatically. The environment at Eldorado has allowed our son to catch-up on what he was lacking while attending his previous school. We feel lucky to have found Eldorado!

Posted September 24, 2012
The best!! When our family first moved to California, we wanted a nonsectarian private school that had both strong academics and the arts. We feel so lucky to have found Eldorado Emerson! All of the teachers are very knowledgeable and so good at inspiring students. Our older son became extremely interested in science after Mr. Bonfiglio's 4th grade science class, and after having Mrs. Rodriquez (a WONDERFUL teacher) in 1st grade, our daughter has been inspired to write poetry ever since. Just spend five minutes talking with any of the insightful, well-spoken, kind-hearted students at this school, and you'll realize what a special school Eldorado Emerson really is.

Eldorado Emerson Private School
4100 E Walnut Ave., Orange, CA  92869
Last modified Eldorado Emerson Private School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Eldorado Emerson Private School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top