St. Paul's Lutheran Church and School 4

Posted April 29, 2015
While attending ECDC (the Preschool), I was consistently impressed with the staff selection and classroom balance. Because of this positive experience and concern regarding our home public school, I choose to evaluate and subsequently enroll our children in St. Paul s Lutheran School s. St. Paul s Lutheran School s largest asset so far: -employment of loving Christian individuals and its commitment to continued professional development of its employees -the school s Blue Ribbon status, NLSA recognition as exemplary accredited schools 2013-14, WASC accreditation & small classes (max 25) -spacious campus and efforts to expand its buildings (recently completed Event Center is huge!) and utility -highest matriculation to OLU

Posted April 09, 2015
Fabulous Teachers, curriculum and staff. Not to mention they're all founded on Christian Principles. Highly Recommend this school!

Posted February 22, 2015
Although I am disheartened to hear some of the experiences left here. I can say I have not encountered any of this in our 5 years at St. Paul's. Someone mentioned that if you aren't a member your an outcast. I am not a member, nor have I ever been a member. The only thing people have done from the beginning at this school & church is welcome us with open arms. Any problems that have risen in the classroom have been handled appropriately. Yes, it's true that there are going to be students who go to a Christian School who may in some people's estimation not "act" christian but this has more to do with the parents than lessons learned at school. During last years talent show when one of the kids froze on stage, instead of mocking the child all of the students in the audience cheered him on to finish. This is only one example of many positive examples I have seen over and over again in our time at St. Paul's. This school isn't Blue Ribbon for education for nothing either. Those who claim that the level of education is not up to snuff, I ask, is your child's school a blue ribbon school? Is your child testing in the 80th-90th percentile as most of the kids at St. Paul's are.

Posted October 13, 2014
I have two girls at St. Paul's...ECDC and School and love it. Staff, teachers and SAC program is wonderful. It is well balanced between academics, religion, socializing, fun and nurturing. Although it is not free, it is well worth the expense.

Posted June 05, 2014
What an amazing school year we have had! St. Paul's has been blessed beyond measure, especially with the completion of our New Event Center. This year we will be having our 8th grade graduation on campus in this amazing facility! To God be the Glory!

Posted June 05, 2014
St. Paul's Lutheran School did an amazing job of meeting the needs of both of my children. I have a son with ADHD and a daughter with a processing disorder and the teachers did their job with excellence and understanding. Students are given a differentiated curriculum that engaged them and pushed them to strive for excellence. Their ability to problem solve and share the information they were learning makes St. Paul's the place to be. Both my children were prepared to meet the high expectations of OLU. The students at St. Paul's are given opportunities to participate in after school sports, band, musicals, Pom squad, yearbook, cooking beyond a challenging and engaging curriculum with teachers who care and put the education of their students first. I believe St. Paul's to be the best school in Orange.

St. Paul's Lutheran Church and School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
BEWARE. On the surface, St. Paul's Lutheran School seems pristinely perfect. Just don't believe the hype. When my son excelled in his studies, the teacher became unable to challenge him academically. Eventually, he was relegated to sitting the the back of the room by himself during class. He had to sit separate from all of the other students at pick-up. And he was sent to the principal's office when a plush clock hit another student in the shoulder. This started to have a psychological effect on him, so we decided to remove him from the school. When I notified the school, they promptly emailed us a release form and washed their hands of us. I wrote a two page letter to the principal outlining the issues my child faced and the reasons why their actions were neither helpful nor Christian, and received no response. It's clear that they don't care. I think St. Paul's is s good school, even if the lack of diversity in both staff and student body is a little unsettling. But the nepotism and ties to the church are a major hindrance. If you are not a member, you are an outsider. And if you don't fit into their one-size-fits-all educational approach, there is little support. Period.

Posted April 10, 2014
My child transferred from the St. Paul's ECDC to the full day kindergarten program this year and he is growing immensely! Through the strong phonics/sight word/writing activities, he is reading and writing by sounding out letter blends and words. What a treat to have him reading to me! The advanced math program is challenging him to add, subtract, tell how much time has passed, and count money. His personable and hard-working teacher disciplines him with love and consistency. I recommend taking the tour to see for yourself!

Posted October 25, 2013
We have moved out of state and have been lucky to have found this hidden gem. Everyone has been welcoming and in just a couple months I see my kids flourishing. The school has a perfect balance of structure and allowing kids be kids. They are not a one size fits all when it comes to the kids and challenge the kids academically and personally to do their best. We feel very blessed to have found this school.

St. Paul's Lutheran Church and School 3

Posted May 11, 2012
I have two boys that are attending st.paul's. This is their first year they transferred from another private school. So far it seems like an okay school .i like the small class size. The teachers seem really nice. They learn alot about the bible which is good. The only problem I have is I am a single parent and the price of tuition is going up. They do offer finacial aid but it is so low that I wouldn't be able to keep them there I wish they had a better program so that people like me could still afford to send their children there. my kids love the school but everything there is too expensive so they will not be. Back next year.

St. Paul's Lutheran Church and School
901 East Heim Avenue, Orange, CA  92865
Last modified St. Paul's Lutheran Church and School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Paul's Lutheran Church and School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top