Orange, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Dear Parents, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our school. We highly appreciate your comments or concerns and treat them with high regard as we consistently endeavor to create the best possible learning environment for our students. We are a school founded on Judeo Christian Ethics, and our founders believe in teaching strong character/moral values throughout the curriculum. We do have a short prayer at lunch to thank God for our food, and also say the Pledge of Allegiance. Our elective bible classes are optional for our families, as we offer character building classes that teach the same moral values without the religious ties. As a school, our primary goal is education, and we do celebrate all of our religions and cultures represented by our students. Again, we welcome your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact us with any concern at principal@oakridgeschool.org. Thank you, Oakridge Administration Stefan P. Joly, M.Ed. Middle School Principal Oakridge Private School
February 26, 2014

Oakridge Private School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
Our family has been at Oakridge for three years, with our son attending the school from Kindergarten until his current 2nd Grade school year. The small class sizes enable the school to offer very personalized attention. The principals and teachers are very accessible and resopnsive. The curriculum is based on the solid fundamentals, and enhanced with foreign language including Spanish and Chinese, instrumental music, and a wide variety of extra curricular after school activities including sports, chess, cooking, music, art, magic, and more. There are other fun activities for the students throughout the year including a pet show, talent show, kite day, and carnival. We look forward to staying at the school through 8th grade.

Posted January 30, 2014
Oakridge Private School is the BEST SCHOOL and I am so happy we have both our boys enrolled here for the long term. The education, the staff, the principals are all amazing!

Oakridge Private School 1

Posted September 09, 2013
The time this school was a great school is over... My kids did not adapt here and the Principal did not do much to help it. There are better options to seek higher education than Oakridge. I am very disappointed with all the experiences my kids had here. I give a zero star!! So fake!

Oakridge Private School 1

Posted July 29, 2012
This is a religious school, and I think they should advertise so honestly. When researching schools for our elementary-age son, for some reason this school keeps trying to pass itself off as nonsectarian on greatschools.com and other school sites. We have nothing against religious schools but we wanted a non-religious education for our kids. Here's a direct quote from Oakridge's website and school literature: "above all, inspired in spirit by the precepts of the Judeo/Christian ethic." That is NOT nonsectarian.

Posted December 06, 2011
A "Small Town" school, without the big town bureaucracy! Families are activly participating in the community here! Unlike BIG schools, your voice can be heard and your concerns addressed... Our daughter attendeed Oakridge from K-8th and then went on to Crean Lutheran High School in Irvine... The transition to High School was easy for her and the education from Oakridge was actually BETTER than many of the other Freshman in her class who attended other private and public schools in Orange County! Oakridge has actually been open for over 30 years, but the permenant Orange campus is only 9 or 10 years old now. The teachers are indeed excellent, the leadership is driven with compassion, and the programs are ABOVE grade average... Highly reccomended!

Posted March 04, 2010
Both my children had graduated from the Oakridge and I have only superlatives to describe my love and gratitude to the principals, teachers and stuff

Oakridge Private School 0

Posted September 26, 2009
As a student that attended Oakridge, I can tell you myself how horrible it is there. Kids are rude, teachers are not even credentialed. I've never been treated so badly by other students before. After leaving to a public school, I was extremely behind in many subjects.

Oakridge Private School 4

Posted July 10, 2009
We great enjoy the loving and small school environment. The curriculum is similar to public school overall but the small classes (15-20 kids in elementary) make it much easier for kids to learn since they receive more attention. The management team is wonderful and loving, hence the great nurturing environmnent. However, as in any school, there level of teachers' competence vary. This year, our child scolarity confidence and overall happiness suffered from it. Luckily, our child found support through other teachers. We are enrolling our child at Oakridge again this year because of the safe and loving environment.

Posted June 26, 2009
This school continually exceeds my expectations. All three of my children attend this amazing school that combines excellent academics with a warm, safe environment. My two older children attended oakridge in 1st and 2nd grades, then we moved away, where they attended a public, blue ribbon school that was a year behind oakridge! So when we moved back to Orange county 3 years later, I was so excited for my kids to return to this superior school. My middle school daughter loves her teachers, and is always challenged academically, the teachers really inspire critical thinking and creativity. My 5th grade child did beautifully this year is a small classroom, with lots of individual attention. She was one of 14 instead of one of 40! What a huge difference for her confidence and focus. The JR kindergarten is academic and fun, my 5 year old had a great year.

Posted April 18, 2008
This is such an amazing school. Our children have been here for over 4 years and We couldn't imagine them anywhere else. It is warm and caring, but more than anything the standard of education is fantastic. They are so far ahead of the game in academics and with small classrooms they get so much one on one time with their teachers. They are doing great and are so happy being at Oakridge. We are very pleased!

Oakridge Private School
19111 Villa Park Rd, Orange, CA  92869
Last modified Oakridge Private School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Oakridge Private School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top