Public charter
Orangevale, CA

Posted August 21, 2013
My son spent 3 wonderful years at PTS. His grades gradually improved from B to A+. He finished the 8th grade with 4.0 GPA. PTS was absolutely the best thing happened to my son, as he flourished in a small school environment with personal attention from all the teachers. He was very shy when he started in the 6th grade, but went on to win the science fairs EVERY year, even winning awards at the Sacramento Regional Science & Engineering Fair. If you are looking for great education for your kids, this is the school for you. If you are looking for the most impressive facilities and buildings, this is not the right school for you.

Pacific Technology School Orangevale 1

Posted April 11, 2013
this is my second year at pts last year the principle was not good, this year we got a new principle and i thought things would get better but no it was just the same and the teachers are very unorganized just take me for example i am about a c average student caught up in a sea of A+ students and if you think youre doing your kid a favor and getting extra help youre wrong because its even worse than the public school one of the teachers dos not put anything in the computer system all but 2 teachers actually help me long story short the school is not a good school at all and im so happy that im going to carnegie next year

Posted March 09, 2013
Fantastic School!! I wanted to take the time to give this school the well deserved recognition for it's excellent teachers, administration, parent volunteers(wish there were more), and support staff. From the custodian to the principal - all are child/family focused. we will be sad to leave for high school but happy to have had the 3 wonderfully enriching years with PacTech

Posted March 08, 2013
My son loves it! Nice teachers, small class size. Great after school programs. Large playground area.

Posted March 08, 2013
I am happy with how my son is doing. His grades are up. The teachers are friendly and understanding. They seem to do their best at providing fun after school activities. I like the small class sizes.

Posted February 09, 2013
This is a really good school. This is my second year at this school and i realize its waayyy better than the school i wanted to go to. my only complaint is the history teacher. he gives you negative points for no reason! the phone rang one time and i was still trying to find where we were reading, and then he told me to read and i couldnt find it and he gave me (or at least he said) a NEGATIVE point. it was pretty obvious that he didnt though, but its still not nice to tell that to someone when your not going to do it. my favorite teacher is my art and science, and laguage arts teacher. my friends are all very nice and i dont want to leave the school! we are getting a science lab soon at our school! its sooooo cool!

Posted January 12, 2013
This school has roughly 130 students. I love knowing my son is not at a junior high, lost in a crowd with hundreds of students. Anytime I've addressed a concern it has been taken care of immediately and resolved. They absolutely do not tolerate any bullying. The teachers are caring, good-hearted individuals and communicate promptly. My son has had a huge transition coming into the school and they helped us through it all. Great school!

Posted November 12, 2012
This is our third year at PTS and we have had a great experience. My son is learning Spanish and computer skills as his elective courses. There is a new Principal and that is a new view on the administrative aspects. The classes are small and the pupils get a lot of one-on-one attention. The comments I have read from some about bullying I don't understand at all. The only time we personally had an issue it was brought to the principal and was dealt with immediately. The afterschool clubs and dances are great - no drama, all the kids get along and treat each other well.

Pacific Technology School Orangevale 2

Posted September 23, 2012
While the majority of teachers that work at PTS are credentialed teachers and are excellent teachers be aware that some are not mainly the elective program such as art, forign language. These subjects seem too be taught by faculty family members or parents who speak the language. I think the manner in which the teachers are treated is the reason for tye high turn over rate. Teachers are extremly micro managed in my opinion. I also as a parent fnd it very frustrating that we are supposed to be a science and technology oriented school but cannot even utilize a descent web page for the school. The current director is in his first year at our so campus a little grace will be given but I have yet too hear him address a question or concern directly, he can not form a proper english sentence and does not comand any sort of presence in a sence he's clueless. I'm sadden because I had high expectations for this school. I wish the administration would listen more too its families and maybe then (being this is a school complaint) be able to retain students year after year. Good Luck to any parent who wants ro actually partner with their childs school this is not the place.

Posted September 08, 2012
I really like this school. My daughter is starting her third year here. I was very concerned when I learned that we had a new principal and that several teachers were not returning or had been replaced, but everything is working out great. My daughter loves geometry, which is being taught by one of the new teachers. Her art teacher truly understands art (and how to teach it) and her Spanish class (also taught by a new teacher) is a great challenge. The new principal is working hard to bring new technologies to the school despite the budget cuts all schools are facing, and he listens well to the concerns of parents. Because of this, parents are working hard to help him make PTS the best school in the area. I especially like this school because students are recognized to be individual people with different strengths and weaknesses. For example, there are clubs for the kids who love computers and engineering and there are programs to help those kids struggling with math or writing. This school won't leave your student behind. I can't wait to be able to send my son here, too.

Pacific Technology School Orangevale
6550 Filbert Avenue, Orangevale, CA  95662
Last modified Pacific Technology School Orangevale is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pacific Technology School Orangevale Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top