Orangevale, CA

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 28, 2015
Bullying is fought and all the teachers and staff work very well with the students. As I said if you are a good person you can get rewards, to the extent of gift cards to Jamba Juice.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 28, 2015
Everyone is treated right, and given the oppertunitiy to become amazing. They also reward student's good behavior and incourages everyone to do better. The mentioned qualities are included in a reward called the "Own it" shirt.

Posted May 28, 2015
My daughter transferred from Orangevale Open K-8, and LOVES it. She is in 6th grade and participated in their Track and Field program. She won an award in the district championships for long jump! She also won the President's Education Award Program. I would recommend this school to anyone. In fact, we did, and a friend of ours also transferred from Orangevale Open half way through the year and ADORES this school. Definitely an amazing school. 10 out of 10

Posted September 21, 2014
This is my son's first year at Andrew Carnegie. It's only been a month and a half since school started but I can say that so far my son LOVES his new school. I will review again when it's later in the year.

Posted April 23, 2010
I love this school. This school has some excellent teachers and other school staff. The wrestling program rocks. I feel that it is a safe place for my child to be. The staff is extremely friendly and are very approachable. My son is in the 8th grade and loves it!!! He has not only thrived academically but socially as well. I AM A PROUD CARNEGIE SCOT PARENT!!!

Andrew Carnegie Middle School 1

Posted March 06, 2010
Andrew Carnegie has some very good teachers and some that are not. A student knows a good teacher by the care and understanding they show, Andrew Carnegie lacks in this area.

Posted July 07, 2008
This school is so wonderful. The teachers help kids ad do everything they can to help you understand. Planning for extra curicular activites is well thought out and benifits everyone. No matter how old you are or if you are different, you are treated with respect and all of your comments are taken into consideration. P.E. has so much equipment and games to keep you busy the entire year, and is wonderful to help you get active. Lab equipment is fun and at the same time very imformative of many aspects to science and projects. Overall, this school is wonderful and I would recomend it to anyone. I hope to one day send my children there.

Posted November 16, 2006
I really love this school. I think that the teachers are great and really want to teach the kids everything they know. The school has implemented a new discipline program that is a little overboard and is testing it out on this year students. You can eat outside or not and I hear this is a privilege. Mr. Kern is and amazing principal and Mrs. deal and Mrs. Davidson are amazing VP's I am going to truly miss the school. The School has fantastic Electives that will suit almost anybody. The band is simply amazing and the sports program rocks. There is a PTSA and the parents love it (and so do the kids that are in it).

Posted February 01, 2006
Teachers are highly skilled and have great expectations from our kids. Expect your son/doughter to spend at least 2 hours daily with homework. Not good communication, your e-mails, calls may not be returned.. The vice-principal is kind and understanding.

Posted October 23, 2005
Carnegie Middle School has a phenomenal principal named Mr. Kern backed by as awesome staff. Parent participation is strong and greatly encouraged by the staff. This school is above average in saftey on grounds. Fights are dealt with siftly and consistntly, so kids understnad 'Mr. Kern doesn't play'. A great sports program for both girls and boys! Well supported and attended! Carnegie is building an awesome Mdia Program!

5820 Illinois Avenue, Orangevale, CA  95662
Last modified Andrew Carnegie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrew Carnegie Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top