Posted September 07, 2014
We came to Green Oaks from a local private Catholic school and within the first week I knew I had wasted years of money on tuition. Green oaks has blown me away, from administration, teachers, curriculum implementation and family involvement, this school has been nothing but fantastic. If you are looking for a school that will bring out the very best in your child and help them to perform to the best of their ability this is the school for you!

Posted October 18, 2013
This is our 3 year there and over the summer my 7 year old daughter had a stroke. Green Oaks isn't exactly set up to help children with challenges but they managed to still get her back to school on the first day and the resource teachers have made every effort to make it a positive experience. We have set up an education plan that accommodates her needs but gives her a chance to succeed and stay caught up with her class and as normal as possible. The Principal has been very communitive with me to make sure everything works out smoothly, my daughter is getting an education at school and at home and has the time to heal at the same time. If any school deserves an award and recognition it is Green Oaks. The resource teacher Kaylelyn S has been a life saver to me and our advocate and has made every effort to make sure my daughter, Cadence, is treated fairly. Because of Cadence's hard work and bravery she has been chosen to be a miracle family this year for the UC Davis Miracle Network and we hope to find a way to give back to our wonderful school and the wonderful children and families there, who by they way have never once teased her for her disabilities. Bully's Are Not Here

Posted October 06, 2013
Green Oaks Elementary -- this is a great school where the focus is on making each child successful. I'm a very approving grandparent!

Posted May 27, 2013
This is a great school. My son loves to be there everyday. He learned a lot. There are some things need to be improve. The teacher is not very welcoming and it is very hard to find a time to talk to her. One of the office staffs who sits in the back is very helpful with having always a smile , but the other one is not the one I would like to answer my questions. The safety of the school is low. There is no gate/restriction on who comes and goes to school. The wait time for the pick up line is too much. There is not any pre-time test schedule for the 1st grade, if so we can practice with the kids and make them ready for the test. Overall the school is good and I refered it to my friend. She is going to have her child in Kindergarten next year.

Posted September 16, 2012
My child is now in first grade at Green Oaks and I couldn't be happier. The structure the school provides makes the kids feel safe and provides a routine that helps them know what is expected of them. I like the school rules even though at first they seem excessive, but then you come to find out that they have simply thought in advance about how they would like things handled. This means there isn't any guessing as to what to do as a parent or kid and the rules aren't made up as they go along. I like the principal and have found him to be very fair and thinks things out before coming to a decision. He consults the staff and always tries to implement a policy that is best for the kids. The key to this school is the parent volunteers. With all the help from the parents the teachers can teach instead of doing paperwork, go on trips that otherwise wouldn't be possible and do projects that require a lot of help. In our first grade class we have 30 kids and 21 parents who volunteer to work in the class on a rotating daily basis. The other parents do work at home, help on special projects, etc. All the parents helping means even if you are not in the class that day, another parent is.

Posted August 30, 2012
This is our second year at this school (our kid was in K last year) and overall it's been a great experience. It was important to me to be involved in my kids school, and I have found Green Oaks lives up to that expectation. They teach your child good study habits right from the beginning, and how to work independently. For a different opinion from another comment made, in Kindergarten we never had homework for 1 hour a night...yes, there WAS homework every night (not the weekends) but it took our child at most 1/2 hour. Just wanted you to hear a different side.

Posted May 08, 2012
A previous reviewer wrote that there are a lot of rules and conformity on this campus. This is true, as a parent, I find the campus rules (stay off the grass, parking, etc) very annoying! I often feel like I'm about to get scolded and being a grown man, it's not a feeling that I've warmed to. That said, my two boys love this school. They are challenged to be creative, to use logic, and to always do their best work. Both of my boys love their teachers. They are excited about what they are learning, I know this because they come home looking to show me what they can do now. If occasional annoyance is the price of my kids getting a great public education, I consider Green Oaks an unbeatable value.

Green Oaks Fundamental Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2012
My daughter attended in K. She learned a lot and it gave her a good foundation. We chose to leave the school primarily because of the stress they put on conformatity. The academics are very rigorous, and she did fine academically. However, they expect perfection and conformity on all things, like art,handwriting, etc. We felt the education did not consider the child's individuality. It seemed that the staff also went to great lengths to teach and disipline parents. I spoke to many fellow parents who were nervous on campus of doing or saying the wrong thing. I felt the staff talked down to parents and students. There is a lot of homework. We had closr to an hour's worth in K. That in itself did not bother me, but after a while it seemed excessive. It felt like they were just training the kids how to take tests so they could maintain their schools high test scores. We found a school that is more concerned with teaching the whole child, teaching more to the individual than stressing conformity. Overall I do not regret my daughter attending G.O., but I think it would have been damaging for her to remain in that environment. She was starting to hate school.

Posted March 15, 2011
Not only do I believe this is the best public shcool in the district, test scores prove it. My kids have had nearly every teacher on staff and each one is dedicated to the model of teaching independence and leadership within our children. You won't find many shy ones in the bunch after all the public speaking and classroom performances that these kids do. It's an art really. These teachers bring the curriculum alive through projects and activities that highlight the important standards, but also teach the whole spectrum of content.

Posted January 24, 2011
As a parent, I love Green Oaks. The staff wonderful and caring. My boys have learned so much. Reading by the middle of Kindergarten - WOW. Parent involvment is a must, but it is so worth it. The staff appreciate our being in the classrooms to help and the kids enjoy it too. So glad we are here - wouldn't change for anything.

Green Oaks Fundamental Elementary School
7145 Filbert Avenue, Orangevale, CA  95662
Last modified Green Oaks Fundamental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Oaks Fundamental Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top