Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child is given a workbook for math support at home. It's not required but encouraged, the teacher assigns the topic section. If you were to go at her pace you would be doing math support for multiple hours a night.

This is my childs second year at Oakview. I'm sad to say that I am beginning to hate this school. The pick drop off and pick up situation is hellacious! The staff and parents are cliquey. The principal is not receptive to your concerns. They hire people based on who you know not what you know. I'm currently trying to transfer out of the school. Avoid if possible!

The new Principle is FANTASTIC! She is making so many improvements! They have choir, band and dance now! If I've ever had any concerns for my child it has nothing to do with the staff but with some of the students, which you have anywhere. The teachers truly care about all their students and go the extra mile to help each and everyone of them. Their PTC is also amazing and provide so many extra activities for their students. We are very happy at Oakview!

Thanks. Average all around. Nothing too special. Nothing really stands out. My 4th grader likes it there

Just never had much luck with this school. We tried for three years. New principal.

I do not have children at this school. Luckily, I sent my children to Green Oaks Elementary. I wanted to leave a review based on a conversation I had with a few friends that do have kids at this school. I am floored and sick to my stomach hearing stories about this It's more like a "clique". I have seen and heard enough to tell you that most of the staff at this school act like they are all in this high school like clicky group. Green oaks is very community and family oriented. Always feel welcome there.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Luckily, we have a great teacher! I feel like this teacher has been a very effective teacher in and out of the classroom. However, I am not sure about the other teachers.

Just average. Nothing special. It's not the best school, but it's also not the worst school so that's good.

My daughter is in kindergarten at Oakview and we love it. I couldn't ask for a better teacher. Mrs. Sam is the best!

We love everything about Oakview! The Teachers and Staff are absolutly amazing! It is well worth our drive! Thank you!

Last modified Oakview Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.