Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Oakview Community Elementary School 5

Posted July 31, 2016
My son went to kindergarten at Oakview. I was very apprehensive since he had attended another school rated much higher in the district for TK. I didn't get my choice school at lottery so Oakview it was. I could not be happier with the experience we had at Oakview. My sons teacher Mrs. Junker was amazing. You could really see her passion for teaching. My son has thrived and this school. I love the sense of community amongst staff and parents. I could not be happier!

Oakview Community Elementary School 5

Posted May 11, 2016
The new Principle is FANTASTIC! She is making so many improvements! They have choir, band and dance now! If I've ever had any concerns for my child it has nothing to do with the staff but with some of the students, which you have anywhere. The teachers truly care about all their students and go the extra mile to help each and everyone of them. Their PTC is also amazing and provide so many extra activities for their students. We are very happy at Oakview!

Posted March 14, 2016
Thanks. Average all around. Nothing too special. Nothing really stands out. My 4th grader likes it there

Oakview Community Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2016
Just never had much luck with this school. We tried for three years. New principal.

Posted March 14, 2016
I do not have children at this school. Luckily, I sent my children to Green Oaks Elementary. I wanted to leave a review based on a conversation I had with a few friends that do have kids at this school. I am floored and sick to my stomach hearing stories about this It's more like a "clique". I have seen and heard enough to tell you that most of the staff at this school act like they are all in this high school like clicky group. Green oaks is very community and family oriented. Always feel welcome there.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted March 14, 2016
Luckily, we have a great teacher! I feel like this teacher has been a very effective teacher in and out of the classroom. However, I am not sure about the other teachers.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted March 14, 2016
Not really. They ignore little issues. I do think respect should be a hot topic in the classrooms though. There is an office staff member that seems stressed all the time and as if she doesn't like to be there. She doesn't really respect the kids. She brushes them off like they are objects.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted March 14, 2016
Depends. They like to play favoritism so it's really hard to teach compassion to kids when everyone there seems super stressed out

Posted March 14, 2016
Just average. Nothing special. It's not the best school, but it's also not the worst school so that's good.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 22, 2015
Mrs. Sam is a wonderful teacher and we couldn't be happier with having her teach our daughter. We could not ask for a better kindergarten teacher! She genuinely cares about the kids and she gets them to learn while still having fun. We will be sad to see her go next year but wish her the best in retirement!

7229 Beech Avenue, Orangevale, CA  95662-2420
Last modified Oakview Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.