Bad
Good

My sons kindergarten and 1st grade teachers have been excellent. Keep away from the after school discovery club and find other arrangements as a working parent. They keep K to 6th grade together in the same room and don't monitor what the older kids are saying. My 5 year old came home talking about humping and other statements involving sex acts. Ms. Elizabeth who is in charge of that program is usually on her ipad and the other 2 teachers are always chatting up each other and parents. I still haven't figured out who watches the kids. It's a shame because the school is otherwise awesome and they are tainted due to the DC club. I know at least 3 people who pulled their kids out in the 4 months we participated in the program. The school though has a great curriculum and great teachers.

I am a parent of two students who attend Pershing. Our family moved within this school district just so we could attend. Best decision we ever made. Pershing is a truly wonderful school with an amazing principle that obviously cares for all her students. The teachers my children had have gone above and beyond as well for my children. There is an obvious family feeling within this school. There are ample extracurricular activities encouraging the students and their families to participate. This is a great school!

DS transferred to Pershing for RL in 2nd grade. As great as Green Oaks is, they were unable to challenge him enough. Was able to move DD here for 1st grade. Staff was knowledgeable and able to challenge her. She is now in RL in 2nd grade. Principal is caring, involved and knows all the kids. We are very fortunate to have the opportunity for our kids to attend Pershing.

Keep your kids away from this school as it has been in a downward spiral for quite a few years now. The Principal position used to be shared between two semi retired principals that split the time up. It left them constantly out of the loop. Thinking the latest principal addition would benefit the situation has actually only made things worse as she is now hated by both teachers and students as she acts like she is better than any of us and shows it consistently with no time to spend on parent or staff concerns.

My child spent their entire 6th grade year wasting away. She has been given 3 exams all year in math. Science was spent listening to the teacher regal the joys of his neighbors and personal life. No focus on reading. Other classes taught by other teachers with no communication skills (except screaming insults on the playground). The goal at Pershing for 6th grade is to prepare the students for the "middle school" experience. Worried about your 6th grader going to Middle School? Don't be, they will get all the bullying and indifference they need from Pershing! Good job! Hopefully I won't have to take 3 jobs to pay for my child's tutoring so they can get through 7th grade having missed crucial 6th grade material. Middle school won't have the Pershing lunch lady who gives free lunch handouts to the district employee kids who don't qualify for reduced fee programs. She has a big heart because these kids come to school with a carrot stick and slice of ham so slips them a freebie. It is not what you know; it is who you know!

The school is excellent however one of their 3rd grade teachers is not so great. She is punitive with the children and does not allow parents to participate in the classroom with the exception of a couple with whom she chooses to work. She made my child feel anxious for not knowing how to read at age 7 yrs old. Rather than trying to help and TEACH Mrs. Laret chose to make my child so upset as to not want to attend school

Student Safety is not this schools priority and the principal puts the protection of the school before the safety of the children and then chooses to not be forthcoming about it to the parents.

My kids love Pershing and so do I. Over the last couple years there has been lots of teacher and principal turn over, but our new principal is a keeper! I'm looking forward to another great year of learning.

We love Pershing Elementary. The teachers are amazing and help is available if your son or daughter is struggling in one of the subjects. The faculty is very supportive and they, too, work hard to make sure your child's experience at the school both fulfilling and enjoyable. My son is in the first grade and although there is a lot of homework, most of it is review from the day. For a public school, this one is fantastic!

We moved from another state that had high state ratings and were very pleasantly surprised to see that this California school well exceeded the curriculum our previous state. Much more homework, which is a great thing and challenges both of our kids. I don't understand it when parents complain if there is a bit more...I would think parents would want their kids to learn more. Isn't that what school is all about? The teachers are great and so patient and helpful with the transition to their new school. I highly recommend this school. They encourage parent involvement and so willing to help with everything. I am thrilled to have our children in such a great school!

Last modified Pershing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.