Posted May 26, 2014
This school has really done a 180 degree turn with the new principal Jim Walters. He came on board last year as our old Principal Christibe Ohlinger left without warning In the middle of the school year. Mr. Walters has done a great job of engaging with the faculty and the student body. He listens to parents and actually cares what you say to him. All these negative reviews are from parents dealing with our old Principal and this should not reflect on the great education my kids have gotten here. I have three kids attending this school and I Am quite pleased with the outcome.

Posted April 29, 2014
Committed to teaching students up to their potential and beyond. The staff is caring and from what I've seen help each other in more ways than 1. They support the students and strive to get those who are a little off course back on track. I couldn't ask for a better emementary school for my granddaughter. Each teacher she's had has been great and goes above and beyond. They always take that extra step to see each student succeed. Thank, Richard Bruce

Posted July 06, 2012
We love Twin Lakes and couldn't imagine going anywhere else! I have two students at Twin lakes and I am very happy with the education that my children are receiving! The fifth grade team is just amazing. Twin Lakes has many wonderful and dedicated teachers and a fabulous art, music and PE program. The annual Rock and Roll show is just spectacular and the choir is just top notch. With all the budget cuts in the district, Twin Lakes still provides a great public education. Twin Lakes has many after school art activities, skate nights, and many wonderful grade level field trips. My children just love their school and the friends that they have made here. Twin Lakes has really great kids, parents, and teachers! The principal, who I feel is getting a bad rap by previous reviewers, has really fought for our school. She always has our school's best interest in mind and has gone above and beyond for our school on numerous occasions in regards to budget/supply cuts, dealing with inappropriate student behavior, class sizes and eliminating combo classes, and always making sure that our kids have all the educational materials, play equipment and supplies that they need.

Twin Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted October 03, 2011
We had a great kindergarten and 1st grade experience here. Unfortunately, the 2011/2012 school year has not been a very positive one. The school has become over crowded this year (between 31 to 40 students per classroom). The desk are tightly packed together, giving each student very little room to get anything done. The teachers try to do their best, but due to the class size, a lot of their focus is on student's behavior and test scores. If you have a child who needs extra help to understand the work they are given, there is a good chance they will not get the help they need.

Twin Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2011
We love Twin Lakes! My husband attended Twin Lakes over 14 years ago and now our children attend, and have some of the same wonderful teachers. Twin Lakes still puts on their fantastic program the Rock N' Roll Show preformed by the 6th graders that my husband was in 14 years ago! I will agree with another poster about the office staff. They have been known to be rude on occasion but nothing to over the top. Parent participation is still really high at Twin Lakes, for example we parents pulled together to campaign to have our school be K-8 instead of K-5 and are making up our own independent curriculum based off Orangevale Open. Our parents here at Twin Lakes are known at the school board for being strong advocates for our children. Parents have always been welcomed with open arms to help in the classrooms and participate in all school functions. This a great school with wonderful traditions.

Twin Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2011
My son is in second grade. He has had many challenges throughout his school year but I have to say that this year has been wonderful. His teacher has been amazing. The school and district have recognized the problem and have provided excellent team work to help him in every way that they can. It is still a work in progress but I am hopeful that with their continued support he will realize his full potential.

Posted June 08, 2011
What an amazing school. Our two children love Twin Lakes. So do we. They have the best arts program in Califorinia, an amazing music teacher and PE program as well as a strong focus on the standards. We love being involved in this school. Weather it's the Rock n Roll Show, the annual carnival, book fair, or weekly volunteering this it a great school. My kids are building not only their education, but their self esteem and a strong sense of community! We love Twin Lakes.

Twin Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2011
I have had a child in Twin Lakes since the 1998-1999 school year. I am very sad to say that the school has not maintained the supportive, positive environment it once had. The parent involvement is down as the teachers no longer welcome us in the classroom. The office staff is very rude and will ignore you when you walk it. The attitude starts at the top and is rolling down in an unhealthy way. I am pulling my last child out and we will not continue at Twin Lakes. It has been sad to see the decline of the schools family atmosphere & Welcome attitude.

Posted February 18, 2011
I have 2 daughters that both go there and we LOVE it!! I am very excited it is going to be a k-8!! I love all of the teachers there and the parent involvement is amazing! There is always parents there to help, in everything

Posted September 01, 2010
Wonderful school for our kids! We moved to the neighborhood for the school. Parent involvment is unmatched! The Art program, music program and PE program are amazing!

Twin Lakes Elementary School
5515 Main Avenue, Orangevale, CA  95662
Last modified Twin Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twin Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.