Miramonte High School 1

Posted September 05, 2014
I went here. Read my other review about OIS. I had the same problem here as well. I was hoping with two years of Orinda living under my belt that I can fit in. Nope. I was wrong. Some of the girls went to the same preschool, kindergarten, same elementary (wagner, glorietta, del rey), same soccer practices, same church, same clubs - they have known each other since they were little girls. I never felt like I really fit in with them. I always felt like the outsider. Maybe because I was Asian - no they weren't overtly racists. My immigrant parents were obviously WORLDS apart from their parents. During events, my parents will huddle in the corner not talking with any of the parents. It's a great school, ya da da ya da, but people fail to realize that high school is not about just academics. It's shapes your life. I never fit in and I am still struggling with it.

Posted October 18, 2011
MHS prepared me extremely well for college. While the people and social aspects weren't by any means my favorite part, the academics were solid, challenging, and relevant.

Posted October 18, 2011
MHS is FANTASTIC. In all aspects. Teachers, academics, social life (most of the time), prepares students well for college...etc.

Miramonte High School 1

Posted March 08, 2011
i hate this school more than anything in the world. yeah the teachers and academics are nice but the other students are complete jerks, id say 40% do crazy drugs. I am a transfer student from the el sobrante area and mexican and not accepted because of that. If you look anything out of the ordinary of their already pre-set environment or cliques, such as i am, you will be stared and and be made fun of behind your back, i am being called ghetto because i am not either white or asian. this school is a complete joke socially. and the so called link crew that helps you try to fit in only gives you free pizza.

Posted December 13, 2010
Great and challenging academics with many AP classes offered. Extraordinary drama, music, sport , journalistic and public speaking programs.

Miramonte High School 4

Posted August 15, 2010
Miramonte is a great school for college prep. After attending this school, I feel that my children will be well prepared for college. They had some wonderful teachers who were very dedicated and inspiring. However, I agree that if you are not an advanced and very well-prepared student, you could easily get lost here. I also think the alcohol issues at this school are disturbing. Why does there have to be alcohol at so many school fundraisers and related activities? After noting this, I'm not surprised at the number of DUI's among the students. Also, there is quite an exclusive attitude at this school. So for my third child, I am exploring other options.

Miramonte High School 2

Posted July 17, 2010
The academics and sports programs are superior to most surrounding schools, however the staff and students, not counting teachers, are very unconventional. In fact the student body as a whole are out of control, seeing how students have died from drug use, with staff failing to take any significant actions. Be very careful when placing your child in this school. -Note. The new principle is apparently doing a much better job than the former failure of a principle who recently "resigned" a year ago. The former principle did very little to quell drug dealers and bullies on campus, even when directly reported to about such activities and individuals.

Posted July 27, 2009
Great parent involvement. The teachers are some of the most dedicated people you will ever meet in your life. Miramonte puts a lot of pressure on the students to perform and some students will crumble under the pressure. Everybody takes AP or Honors and some students end up taking courses they aren't ready for. The counselors will not guide the students much except for when it comes to colleges. If your child is naturally gifted this school will treat them well. However, if the student is not self-motivated or naturally bright he/she will not fair too well.

Miramonte High School 0

Posted November 19, 2008
Miramonte is a high-achieving and fun high school with arguably the best and most committed teachers you will find in any public or private high school. My classmates are interested and interesting, talented, athletic, artistic, intellectual, and passionate about work and fun. It is the best high school around!!!!!

Posted October 08, 2008

Miramonte High School
750 Moraga Way, Orinda, CA  94563
Last modified Miramonte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miramonte High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top