Wagner Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
Finally --- A new principal at Wagner Ranch. It only took 10 years... It may take him a year or two to rebuild the community & reestablish trust/good communication ... BUT.... WR is now headed by a competent administrator , continues to be a beautiful school site with good teachers in a semi-rural community. With a new administrator in place, the sky is the limit for this school.

Posted October 08, 2013
We had a wonderful experience at Wagner Ranch. The teachers are extremely committed, my children have enjoyed the school and have consequently flourished. It is a shame that the school has received bad press-it is based on a small group of parents that unfairly accused the school of wrongfully dealing with bullying.

Posted September 18, 2013
EXCELLENT experience. I am writing this review solely on my family's personal interactions with the teachers, staff, principal and overall educational experience. We have a daughter in the 1st grade who has had an exemplary educational, social and developmental experience. She has learned, met and exceeded all benchmarks which I believe is a testament to her overall learning environment. Our daughter looks forward to school everyday. I am grateful that our daughter has the opportunity to receive her elementary education at such a wonderful school. I hope this review inspires parents to objectively consider a school based on a number of factors.

Posted September 03, 2013
I have two kids, one already graduated from Wagner and is now at middle school and another in K-3. The education my older child received was great and the child is performing at top level at middle school, both in math and writing. My younger one loves going to school, being among great friends and teachers who cares greatly about the child. I won't say it is perfect. No schools are to the eyes of parents, no other public schools at Orinda nor private schools are. But the negative campaign that happened at school a couple of years ago went far beyond the scope of the dissatisfaction the parents who carried out the campaign had with the school, unjustly criticizing the principal with personalized attacks and brought far more damage to the school community themselves than the damage they claimed they received. Fortunately, that is in the past. I feel the community is much more positive and focused on what we are all aiming for; providing good and safe learning environment for our children. I am very satisfied with Wagner Ranch.

Posted June 12, 2013
My son attended Wagner Ranch K-5 and had a wonderful experience throughout. The principal is caring and provides good leadership to an exceptional staff of dedicated teachers. Most of the negative comments are unfounded and most likely posted by a group of disgruntled parents who wanted to oust her given that she takes a hard stand against bullying and bad behavior! Do not hesitate to enroll your child in this amazing Orinda school.

Wagner Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted September 09, 2012
For the 3rd straight year Star testing at this Orinda schoool has dropped, They are teaching from the manual but our kids aren't getting the higher scores, I wissh my kids went to one of the other Orinda schools that have achieved higher star test scores. Must be the bad teachers? I don't think so!

Wagner Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2012
There has been a lot of bad PR regarding the Principal and the admin s process from the local residents of Wagner Ranch Elementary School in Orinda. There has been an exodus in great teachers and student transfers along with lawsuits against the school/district over the last three years. This goes along with declining Star Test Scores at what should be a model school in a model city. I was very concerned about the treatment of our child and we decided it was in our other children's best interest that they attend another school in the district. We had attended many school board meetings and it was very clear to us that Neither the head of the school board nor the School Superintendent were willing to change things, In fact in the midst of city wide discrepancies over the allocations of school bonds the head of the school board with a partial board vote extended the contract and gave him a raise to the superintendent leaving many of the k-12 parents bewildered as to what happened. Orinda is a great place located 20 minute from downtown San Francisco but the atmosphere at Wagner Ranch needs vast improvement and it doesn t seem to be happening with the current admin and school board.

Posted May 21, 2012
We are thinking of moving to Orinda but are concerned with sending our son to Wagner Ranch given several of the comments. Are there still concerns with this school's leadership? (I gave this 5 stars so as not to negatively impact the overall community rating.)

Wagner Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2012
Thank you to all the parents who spoke up and took action last year. I believe you and your children. We are moving back to the Bay Area and were thinking of moving to Orinda for the great schools. My husband and I found a wonderful house in our price range (we would have been sending our children to Wagner Ranch). We found information about what has been happening at Wagner Ranch and decided to buy elsewhere. We were very thankful we found out about this terrible act of betrayal (and I do mean betrayal) done to this community before we purchased a wonderful home in the area. I m sorry to all who suffered. I am so disappointed because Wagner Ranch seemed like an ideal school setup with the wonderful open space and dedicated and supportive parent community.

Posted October 01, 2011
Excellent experiences is what we have had for the last 6 years at Wagner Ranch. We have loved our teachers and believe that the principal does a great job. She hires great teachers, maintains a healthy environment and has a clear understanding of academic priorities. We are looking forward to many more years at Wagner.

Wagner Ranch Elementary School
350 Camino Pablo, Orinda, CA  94563
Last modified Wagner Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wagner Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top