Oxnard, CA

Posted April 28, 2015
My son is a Kindergartner at and I could not be happier. I was a bit on the fence when the school year started just because it was such a new school compared to all the other schools in the area, but all of the fears that I was having are completely gone. My son has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and the staff that works with him has gone above and beyond to make sure that he has everything he needs. My son is doing so well at school that I never have a reason to drop in and check on things. Anytime I have asked for a meeting or needed to talk to someone about my son's education and learning plans my requests have been answered and within a matter of days I have an appointment. The resource teacher, occupational therapist, and speech therapist have worked wonders with my son (who I thought I would have to home school because of his learning issues). They are AMAZING!! My son currently has Mrs. Neary as his Kindergarten teacher and she has found ways to get him to participate in class and with other students without making him feel like he wants to shut down and hide. My son also loves the Principal Dr. K and enjoys seeing him everyday even if it is just to say Hi.

Posted September 20, 2013
This is my child's second year at Rio Rosales and so far we LOVE the school. The district has its downfalls, no arts or music programs which is a big issue for me, but she's getting a quality education with wonderful teachers. The PTA is great. The parent involvement is good, but could be more involved. I try to volunteer as much as possible. So far I have no complaints other than finding a way to provide more arts than just academics.

Posted June 29, 2011
Excellent staff, and my son's class recently had every student pass or excel the State Standardized Tests. We are pleased to keep him in the school!

Posted April 23, 2009
A great school! Wonderful, awesome, every possible compliment! :) - A Former Student

Posted March 17, 2009
We are now a CA distinguished school and a Blue Ribbon nominee. Also a Title 1 Academic Achievement Award Winner. WE ROCK! We now have grass, structures, play ground, 'permanent portables' I love teaching there! I love teaching! Ms. Parks - Room d4!

Rio Rosales School 2

Posted December 05, 2005
The classes are much to large for the teachers to provide the quality of education they would like. They are often frustrated at the lack of help and parent participation as well as district support provided to them. The children are still in portable classrooms and do not have adequate facilities for recess. The children do not have grass to play on or even one tree for shade, it is a depressing and colorless school. The children have no pride in their school.

Posted August 20, 2005
Rio Rosales is proof that good people can compensate for a poor facility. This school is comprised entirely of portables and, thanks mostly to poor district management, seems destined to be so for some years ahead. Nevertheless, scores are improving and students are learning and getting a quality foundational education in reading, writing and mathematics.

Posted August 22, 2004
This is a relatively new school. We had 1st year teachers in my childrens 1st and 2nd grade classes. They were so good, I did not know they were new until closer to the end of the year (just moved to CA). The principle is very involved with the students and her staff and makes every effort to provide them with the resources needed to facilitate their needs. The school is still in portables (budget issues) and even with that set-back they keep a good attitude toward the goals of educating the students to the highest possible standards. I am proud to have my children in this school.

Rio Rosales School 3

Posted June 19, 2003
My son is in kindergarten at Rio Rosales school. Something my wife and I would have liked to see more from this school is the extracurricular activities for the kindergarten classes. There was a couple of times in which we got to go to the school and spend time with our son and do activities inside a class with a teacher present. I tought that was very nice that they where doing this but that was also the only time. If maybe the school would do it more often in the school years that are coming for not only my son but for other students and parents that like to be involved in these type of activities which I believe are great. Thank you for the opportunity you have given me to comment.

Rio Rosales School
1001 Kohala Street, Oxnard, CA  93030
Last modified Rio Rosales School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Rosales School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top