Oxnard, CA
Students enrolled: 3,308

Pacifica High School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
I am a sophomore in high school, and so far these past two years have gone by great. The environment here is open and accepting. This school offers ALOT of clubs, and sports. The counselors are real nice, and try to help you succeed and graduate. Its also next to alot of restaurants and shopping, so we get to go eat after school. Only thing i don't,like about this school, is some of the teachers don't try to help you as much as the other teachers. Awesome school, i definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for a great school for their kid's.

Pacifica High School 2

Posted November 01, 2010
What a horrible service to our student! The teacher's don't communicate with the parents when there are issues. I guess they just assume that when the student doesn't care, neither does the parent...how wrong! We could have worked as a team to ensure my student's success, but they chose not to. I'm filing administrative actions against a Mrs. Felzer, English 11, who forgot she is there to teach and not dominate, and a Dr. Larry Miller who is obviously more concerned about his record then improving the lives of the students that attend there. I honestly believe that this administration is so concerned about their stats and the super-stars then doing their actual job...you know--teaching kids! If they get rid of the difficult ones, they can just pat themselves on the back about their successes. We are transferring to Oxnard High School tomorrow where we know he'll be happy.

Posted October 04, 2009
It offers excelent extra-curricular subjects

Posted June 14, 2008
This school was amazing. Most students seem happy to be going to school here. The students are spirited and staff and faculty is happy to teach. AP/Honors classes can be very challenging and many students are very competitive.

Posted January 08, 2007
The school is an excellent school for any student to attend, staff is extremely supportive and administrators ameliorate any problems with ease. Great course options ranging from AP to CollegePrep, facilities are like new and accommodate many students. Overall a magnificent school to spend four years at.

Posted January 01, 2007
I have been attending this school for all four years and it is incredible. The staff and teachers are great the attitude between all the students are great. I feel very safe at Pacifica and the facilities are in very good condition. Our Teachers are very supportive along with our administrative staff (counselors, principal, etc.) Very good school!

Pacifica High School 1

Posted August 01, 2005
Apathetic administrative staff. Do not listen or value teacher input. Special education students are treated as 'throw-away' students. Athletes given eceptional treatment as well as coaching staff.

Posted May 28, 2004
Great campus for kids to hang out in, clean and safe. The teachers are a great quality, I learned extreamly well with mr. Jaquez, mrs. Gillette, and mrs. Christianson. The seniors and juniors of this new school are the best spirited teens of all time. The games are unforgettable, dances, drama performances, everything is wonderful about this school.

Posted March 10, 2004
I am a parent of a 10th grade student at Pacifica and my daugther will be attending next year into the 9th grade. I'm very proud to say that my children are Pacifica High students. The last two year at Pacifica have been great, the teachers and staff are very responsible and responsive whenever I had any issues. My son participates in sports and the coaches are caring and always encourage their students to do keep up their grades and promote sportsmanship. Overall this is an excellent school to be involved with.

Pacifica High School
600 East Gonzales Road, Oxnard, CA  93036
Last modified Pacifica High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pacifica High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top