Oxnard, CA

Posted February 05, 2014
My child has been attending Rio Del Norte since the 1st grade, and I LOVE this school. My child has ADHD and the teachers there have been EXTREMELY helpful and caring. They have alot their school carnival every year which is always a blast! My husband and I only wish that our child could stay there past the 5th grade.

Rio Del Norte School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
This school is going downhill very fast!! There is (some) wonderful staff there but that doesnt take away the fact that they are one of the lowest scoring schools. My son is highly gifted and they cannot even offer him a gate program to help him succeed because they are too preoccupied with all the low scoring students. This school is seriously a joke :(( I spent some time there helping out in the classrooms and all the kids were acting like wild animals it seemed like there were no control and no respect for the teachers. My guess is all this stems down to the kids parents because the kids have no respects for anyone and they obviously did not want to learn and I could see that the teachers were losing their interest as well..... pretty depressing (I had to remove my son and find a better option) please research this school before dumping your kid here

Rio Del Norte School 0

Posted February 14, 2009
i love this school!it is a great one!all of my brothers and i go to it and we love the teachers.they are very nice.

Posted July 30, 2008
i go to rio del norte and i think it is the best school we become a family go eagles!!!

Posted June 01, 2008
I believe we have a great school. We have happy children, caring Teachers, and a Principal who likes to spend quality time with the students. This year after school programs were started with great success. The running club and soccer club were great! All I ever heard from all of the children I ran into was 'are we having running club today?' They all enjoyed it so much. This school year was new and different. A real learning experience for so many, and I believe that the 2008 school year at Rio Del Norte, even with budget cuts, was the best one yet!

Posted September 27, 2007
Overall this school is ok. I do not like the fact that they have fallen behind on some goals for the school itself. My daughter has attended other schools and has been more challenged than this one. Another thing that I don't like is that there is not enough information about activities or classes after school, like band, music, art, etc. Other schools have provided this to me several times a year. Most teachers are great and my daughters love them but there have been a couple that do not know how to deal with parents or children. When one of my daughters first transfered to this school, they were barely learning things that she had already seen months before but I do agree that there are teachers that are really great.

Posted September 26, 2007
RDN is an awesome school with great teachers.My child has been attending this school since kindergarten.The parents are wonderful.

Rio Del Norte School 3

Posted December 19, 2006

Posted September 18, 2006
I have 2 daughters that attend rdn. The school is wonderful! The teachers that my daughters have are very detailed and involved in my daughters' education. The principal is awesome! It's rare when you see a principal doubling as a crossing guard as well! Parental involvement is very high at rdn. It's a great school all around. I love it!

Posted October 11, 2005
I have 2 children who attend Rio Del Norte Elementary School... I must say that I enjoy the teachings that they receive and I think that their teachers are wonderful! I am very involved in my childrens' education, and it is pleasing to know that the teachers truly encourage that, and also encourage joining in w/the classroom activities at any time.

Rio Del Norte School
2500 Lobelia Drive, Oxnard, CA  93036
Last modified Rio Del Norte School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Del Norte School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top