Juan Lagunas Soria Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
This school is good but the principal N staff needs to be trained on professionalism. My son had been attending Juan Soria since kindergarten then during the second week of 2nd grade, we got a phone call from the principal telling us that his class were full and we needed to enroll him in another school and that he could no longer attend Juan Soria due to THEIR MISTAKE!!! I will bring this issue up to the higher authority to get this situation resolved because this was very very UNPROFESSIONAL on their part.

Juan Lagunas Soria Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
I was in the same situation as the last parent that posted that comment about their son being removed from Juan Soria. We received a phone call from the school principal and were told our son needed to switch schools due to classroom overfilled?? I have never heard of such a thing. We were so livid that we contacted the superintendent to plea our case which fell on deaf ears.. DO NOT send your kids to this school because you will be in the same situation. We were told because we they give priority to kids with siblings at the school?? Unreal.. I think we were being targeted due to not being of Hispanic decedents??

Posted August 21, 2013
Great school, very caring teachers, lots of parents involved, great combination. Mrs. Diana Martinez one of the BEST teachers ever. Thank you Mrs. Martinez for such a great 8th year for my son.

Posted May 20, 2013
I have a 7th grader and a 3rd grader. The staff is very caring and work deligently with the kids. My 3rd grader is in the dual immersion progam, the only problem with the program is that I wish my 7th grader had gone through the program! For all English only speakers you will be amazed at how far advanced your child is when going through the program. The kids feel safe here, no drugs, and the students care about each other.

Posted June 23, 2011
The school staff is always looking for improvement, excellent programs and education. My daugther enjoyed every day at kindergarten. She can read and write in Spanish and English, in a basic level. She is ready to go to first grade.

Posted June 16, 2011
Great school The dual immersion program is wonderful and the principal, staff and teachers really care for the kids.

Juan Lagunas Soria Elementary School
3101 Dunkirk Drive, Oxnard, CA  93035
Last modified Juan Lagunas Soria Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Juan Lagunas Soria Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top