Oxnard, CA
Students enrolled: 1,052

Posted October 25, 2013
I had to disenroll my child from this school due to bullieing and threats made by other children. A small group of girls at this school believe they are a part of a gang and pick on other students. Not just a Jr high innocent threat either. They had threatened to kill my daughter. The principle said the they was nothing to worry about and the girls would never follow through. Not the answer I was looking for.

Posted October 25, 2013
My grandson went to school here and was bullied and assaulted. The principal did nothing about it and went so far as to tell me the school "didn't have a bullying problem" and that my grandson was lying. This year, my granddaughter has been bullied, and the police were involved. Again, the admin denies a problem. Because of it's location, this is the only school the military kids from the Naval Base may attend. I think it's shameful the way they treat the children of our military men and women.

E. O. Green Junior High School 2

Posted April 09, 2012
My son has been bullied since he started here. No help at all what so ever. We have meetings with the principal but nothing ever happens. Once the bullying stops, someone else starts in who was friends with the bully and the cycle starts over again. The kids are very rude and disrespectful. They have assemblies stating they won't tolerate bullies, bad behavior, etc but it still goes on. They have a new principal this year but not much has changed. They may wear uniforms but you can pick out the gang members. Most of the kids refuse to speak English.

Posted April 08, 2008
i love this school i graduated from here i loved it so much and it was shocking what had happened but there is nothin in the world to stop me from lovin that school

Posted February 12, 2008

Posted December 12, 2007
This school has my son on constant home work duty which is great!. If the students complete the mathematics curriculum, they will be ready for geometry and trigonometry by high school. There was a two month period where my kid has as much homework as I did during my college years. It it's great they way they are preparing them. There are many ESL students in the school which hurt metrics, but the kids are bright and catch on quick.

Posted October 30, 2006

Posted January 11, 2006
With great anxiety on our parts, our son entered his 7th grade year at EO Green. We were, and still are, appalled at the huge drop in education he's receiving. I hate this school with a passion, was unable to afford a quality private school, and have had to use a slew of at home study aids to ensure he gets a middle school education comparable to back East. The staff doesn't seem to care if a child gets a good education or not. There are literally no extracurricular activities. There is also a big racial problem.

Posted January 28, 2005
This is the best school ever! it is very educational and fun, but strict. The teachers are great and i'd like to say thank you to mr. Martineau for having my daughter succeed in his class and get her reading level up from a 7.6 To a 10.3 Thanks.

E. O. Green Junior High School
3739 South C Street, Oxnard, CA  93033
Last modified E. O. Green Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E. O. Green Junior High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top