Laguna Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2013
This school has teachers who decide that your child needs to be on medicines for ADD if your child does not make fast progress even in kindergarten. They do not offer to test your child. They take no responsibility for their failure to teach. Children are told they are doing poorly by their teachers.

Posted December 10, 2010
this is a great school. all 3 of my children attended ths school, and I myself also attended this school when I wasa child way back in the 1970's.. still have report cards from it too. Nothing bad to say about the staff, the school, the town etc.. I was born, raised here, moved away via marriage, returened via jobs and will always love this school, and town.

Posted August 27, 2010
We could not have asked for a better way for our children to start their education. It was very hard to say goodbye to so many wonderful people!

Laguna Vista Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2009

Laguna Vista Elementary School 0

Posted June 11, 2009
My daugter attended Laguna Vista from Kindergarten through second grade. We have been extremely pleased with the school. The teachers are motivated, dedicated, and caring. While the school does not have a lot of 'extras' like music and art they do their best to incorporate it into the curriculum. The school is very diverse and this was a positive part of being at the school.

Posted June 06, 2009
I had three children who attended the school and all three had excellent experiences and teachers. I felt that the teachers and administration were responsive to our needs and really challenged my children as individual learners. The GATE program was well run and the entire staff was very supportive of the school community. Math foundations are very strong and when we moved the teachers at my childrens' new school were very pleased. The most important lesson my children learned at Laguna Vista was that learning is fun and teacherswant them to suceed and care about them as people. I couldn't ask for more in an elementary school!

Laguna Vista Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2009
My child has attended this school in 1st and 2nd grade. We have had a great experience with two wonderful teachers who went out of their way to accomodate my sons mild special needs. To be fair this is a rather poor school with very limited funding and cuts across the board means even less money. No after school activities, individual programs (such as music, gym or art for an example). Where reading and Math are concerned they are in individual groups thankfully and they really are working hard with what they have. The school has a diverse ethnic variety, a large military presence and this creates a good environment overall. As a whole it is a reasonable small school and you get out as much as you put into it (parent participation is varied).

Laguna Vista Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2009
This school has great teachers and is better academically, they also push reading at school and home, but good luck getting ahold of them when you need to. Seems everyone's schedule is wound to tight including the principal. You cannot get in with her for days somtimes unless you have a free schedule. It seems she wants to do everything over the phone. My children have moderate food allergies and unless the teacher will work with you and you have plenty of time to supervise classroom activities your children will be sick alot! I do not recommend this school to anyone with food allergies unless you want to medicate them instead of avoid the foods including peanuts. We are military and this has been the worst school so far on the allergy issue.

Posted January 15, 2009
Wonderful, two of my children went, hands on learning , friendly teachers, very diverse,

Laguna Vista Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2008

Laguna Vista Elementary School
5084 Etting Road, Oxnard, CA  93033
Last modified Laguna Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laguna Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top