Bad
Good

I don't even know where to start with this horrible school. I've heard many of the anglo teachers make derogatory comments, about the mostly latin student population, on more than one occasion. This year's (2013/2014) second/third grade teacher acted in a heinous manner towards my child. Making her eat last on purpose during their Halloween Party. Then adding insult to injury by treating her like a personal maid and having her toss a random piece of trash before she was allowed to serve herself. What's worse is that the principal is 100% biased and does absolutely nothing to help. I've caught the Principal acting very heinous herself, towards one of the "troubled" kids when she thought no one was looking. The staff is constantly disrespecting my daughter by misspelling her name all around the school. I have proof of that. Someone please investigate this place.

The children regularly complain that the last principle was better. The teachers are a mix of good and bad. Had a 2nd grade teacher who seemed burned out from teaching, always yelling at the students. She even dared to put her hand on my child. The GATE teacher was bad too. When i told her my child's teacher suggested she try for GATE, she looked at my child in disbelief as though it was impossible. Then there's the current principal earlier in the year she was power tripping; out of the blue, she decides she makes her own rules and starts to mark students late at 8am when they don't start until 8:10am, WITHOUT informing anyone about it. Meanwhile, teachers are still arriving past 8:10am. Talk about double standards. Good luck if u choose to take your child here.

This year it's my daughter and son's 4th year at Mar Vista... I'm really satisfied with the great Teachers they have! I love their Library and the spacious playground. Even though their Cafeteria is a little bit to small, I'm happy the way some Kitchen Staff treat the Kids. My Kids are enjoying being at Mar Vista since they've been enrolled.

My third and kindergarteners started this year. I am very impressed with the teachers and the parent involvement. The play ground is wonderful and the library is fantastic!

Last modified Mar Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.