Posted November 17, 2013
okay so heres my opinion about ocean view. its a really cool school to go to. Everyone's so nice there and I love it ive been a student since 6th (im in 7th btw) and everything about the school is amazing. Except for one thing, there's too many teachers watching u. like u spill milk on the floor, they want u to clean it up like wut lol and there's alot more white people now, not really a problem bit they are pretty mean. and that other comment that said something about if your child soaks English find another school, yea thats so not true lol. There's alot of mexicans in this school but it doesn't mean we dont speak english lol theres probably like wut, 15 or less kids that speak only Spanish so only speaking english is okay lol. Unless your white or from base than yea, your child is most likely going to get bagged on for that. but basically the only bad thing I guess is the greengos I mean its not a bad thing I mean like its bad how they get bullied. everything else is perfect. Everyone's nice and everyone likes everyone. even if ur from base your bound to have sum friends but overall the school is awesome and the staff is awesome!!! (:

Posted November 17, 2013

Posted January 23, 2013
I must say I was apprehensive about sending my white daughter to this school being that she was the minority. However, by the Secound day she already had friends and was accepted by the other kids with no problem. She originally was going to go to balboa and wanted to go there after this year but since has changed her mind and wants to finish at ocean view. I'm very please with the office staff, they are very kind and attentive to the childrens needs etc. my daughter like all her teacher which makes me happy. I think the grading system is different but it works. My daughter is a straight "A" student and is doing well at this school.

Posted November 20, 2012
This is my 3rd attempt to submit a review of this LOL, school and each post has been removed. Apparently speaking the truth in America today is not a good thing or apparently it is evil. My conservative views believe people have the right to know what is going on at this school but apparently Great Schools and bleeding heart liberals don t feel that way. It seems they only want positive reviews and robot people who think and act like them and don t see what a mess this school is. I don t know a good way to sugar coat how bad this school really is, I have had two children attend this school and neither of them made it a full year. So I ll just simply say; if your child speaks English then find a different school to send them to. I could go on, and on but I ll leave it at that, god knows (sorry I forgot you can t say god) I don t want to offend any bleeding heart liberals. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Posted November 01, 2012
This is not a good school. For all military families in the area if your child is in this district try to find another school! Huge problem with bullying and racism, my son has been picked on and called names for being white almost every day. Not impressed with the principal either. The schedule for classes and the way grading is done is too confusing. A 0 star school.

Posted March 04, 2009

Posted December 13, 2008

Ocean View Junior High School 4

Posted October 07, 2007
The academic program is great. Children are held accountable for thier homework. If not done...it's mandatory that they stay after school to finish it.Nothing to offer for afterschol activities. One major proble...the chool does not inform parents of upcoming events with adequate time to make arrangements. I've had to miss several events due to the school notifications coming only the day before the event.

Posted October 06, 2007
This school is a good school.They have wonderful teachers and wonderful vice principal and principal

Posted August 05, 2007

Ocean View Junior High School
4300 Olds Road, Oxnard, CA  93033
Last modified Ocean View Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean View Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top