Posted June 19, 2014
Tierra Vista is a nice neighborhood school. I have one child in the dual immersion program and my set of twin boys will be there next year as well. We are so happy with the school. The kindergarten dual teacher, Mrs. Nedilski is amazing and the principal, Mr. Bolivar is always pleasant and caring. He seems to enjoy children so much.

Tierra Vista Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2013
I am a parent of a Kindergardener and personally I feel that this school caters to the spanish speaking population 100%. My daughter excels in math but struggles in reading and the school will not help her unless she is tested for a dissablilty. I am going to try everything in my power to transfer her to another school in the fall.

Tierra Vista Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2013
This school has an amazing dual immersion program. Starting as early as Kindergarten, children can learn in two languages (English and Spanish) through fifth grade, starting with 90% Spanish in K/1st and gradually increasing proficiency in both languages to a 50% Spanish/50% English balance. The teachers are very invested in the success of their students and go above and beyond to ensure that success. The new Principal is very in touch with the children in his care. He takes the time to visit classes and gets to know both students and parents in a manner that makes it easy to bring concerns to his attention. Overall, this school is providing my children with an excellent education with a greater teacher/student ratio than most local schools. I will continue to support Tierra Vista and keep my kids here!

Posted November 15, 2012
The front desk staff ( Ms. Kim???) Is very rude. It's been twice this year that she tries to pick a fight with me. I don't know why she still works there. She always acts like she's unhappy. She needs to find another job that does not involve children, or parents.

Tierra Vista Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
Small district; caring teachers, good administration that works with the teachers

Tierra Vista Elementary School 0

Posted February 24, 2009
My son has attended Tierra school since k -5th I have no problems and he loves it. I think the staff works very hard in educating our children.

Tierra Vista Elementary School 5

Tierra Vista Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2003

Tierra Vista Elementary School
2001 Sanford Street, Oxnard, CA  93033
Last modified Tierra Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tierra Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top