Oxnard, CA
Students enrolled: 2,702

Channel Islands High School 3

Posted February 20, 2012
The counseling staff leaves a lot to be desired... My daughter was a transfer student from another school in San Diego County and you would have thought she was coming from another country. Since CIHS did not currently have some of the classes she took, they completely discounted them and dropped them to a lower "equivalent." I had to fight to get them rated correctly on her transcript. Thank god for the SLO. I have very little good to say about this school and am thankful that I will not have t send my son here. A good thing about the school? Some of the teachers my daughter has are challenging and caring individuals. So I guess that perhaps my issues are with the administration and counselors.

Posted December 20, 2010
the school is so kind and helpful. there is a great support system and you are always helped out.

Posted May 03, 2010
I am an alumni, and all I have is positive feed back. You don't stand alone here, you can go to anyone for help and you won't get bored there is plenty to do from academics to extracurricular activities.

Posted March 09, 2010
this school may not have the highest test scores, the best athletics, or the best reputation, but what it does have is spirit. I believe that this is the key to success.

Posted July 10, 2009
This is the best school ever!! I am a sophomore and the teachers are so kind and cool!

Posted November 04, 2008
This school is the best! there's many opportunities and clubs and many activities.

Posted July 08, 2008
Channel Islands High School is providing and has provided my kids with a great education. My daughter has gone on to Harvard and I have C.I. to thank. In the four years my daughter attended, she was exposed to tough, tough classes and caring teachers who, both, pushed and supported her. I also am thankful the district hired a new principal. Dr. Valles has been the savior of Channel Islands High. I look forward to what is to come.

Posted June 19, 2008
teachers are really nice and like to help us students and help if help is needed.

Posted May 01, 2008
Channel Islands High School has changed my life in many great ways. I have made many new friends that I will never forget! And the teachers have helped me whenever I had a problem, whether it was about the homework or a personal problem. The teachers' participation in multiple activities makes CI a wonderful school. Not to mention the variety of squads (like All-Male, Co-Ed, Drill, and Band, just to name a few) who have succeeded in winning competitions all around California. And our new principal, Dr. Rocky Valles, has supported both the teachers and the students 100% of the way by making new additions to existing facilities, including the bleachers of the football field, gym, and cafeteria. I'm glad I go to Channel Islands. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Posted May 01, 2008
I have taught for more than ten years at the junior high, high school and college level and can honestly say that our school has one of the most friendly, supportive and caring campuses ever. Our students are polite and respectful. They are also very conscientious people as evidenced by the generous amount of money that our school (a Title I school, mind you) has raised for such programs as Invisible Children and Pennys for Patients. We have outstanding and award-winning athletes and perfomers as seen in our dance squads, banners, bands, soccer team, and academic decathlon, to mention but a few. I am proud to work alongside such dedicated teachers who strive to teach and reach every student in a multitude of ways. Channel Islands is a great school, and I'm glad to be here.

Channel Islands High School
1400 Raiders Way, Oxnard, CA  93033
Last modified Channel Islands High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Channel Islands High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top