Hueneme High School 5

Posted August 02, 2014
This school gets a bad rap but it shouldn't. There are really good teachers who care and make a difference. Ms.Roth and Mr. Gallegos are examples of excellent teachers.

Hueneme High School 4

Posted June 11, 2014
I went this school and am proud to have gone there. Great experiences and great teachers. Staff always seemed to go out of their way to help me reach my goals. I graduated with honors and had a GPA above 4.0. I couldn't have done this without my teachers help. Many of the same teachers are still there, and I'm sure helping current students reach their goals. School is clean and kept up. Exciting sports programs too.

Posted April 26, 2014
When Huenrme HS predominately catered to the children whose parents worked on the naval base legend has it that it was an amazing school with a great all-American culture. Those teachers who taught did so in the tradition of their European ancestors. OUHSD is currently nothing more than a terrible school district that does not care about it's student's or teachers. If you are a credentialed teacher who speaks Spanish then this is the perfect district for you so long as you want to babysit. Their applications for employment should read: only apply if your a Mexican babysitter. The other people posting here are not lying.Only those who are posting high ratings and don't spell correctly nor have proper English yet graduated from a OUHSD school are. And for those previous posts always remember that your ancestors did not have the luxury of German, Dutch, Russian, Italian or Irish speakinf teachers!! They were forced to learn proper English by English speaking teachers unless they went to private school!

Posted September 25, 2013
I have to agree with the review before mine. Don't bother enrolling if you speak English only. Our daughter went here her entire 4 years of High School. She was bullied on a regular basis for being white, and the teachers who overlooked it were Mexican. Racism comes in different forms, and in our case, we have been discriminated against for being white. My daughter was the only Caucasian in one particular class, and the teacher taught in Spanish because it was easier. She was deprived of her education for speaking English. REALLY?! What is happening to our country people?!

Posted April 09, 2012
This school is HORRIBLE. If you don't speak spanish, then don't attend here or any school in the area. We live in America but it's like we're living in Mexico. They look at you crazy if you ask a question in English. The teachers are okay if they aren't giving special treatment to all the kids who refuse to speak english. The gangs run the school. The best thing about the school is the NJROTC program. The office staff is very rude and ignores anyone who speaks English. It would help if they would talk to everyone as equals but they don't. Attending open house or orientations are a joke because they speak in Spanish and all the hand outs are in spanish. Get a clue people. If you can't read or speak English, then you shouldn't be asking for special treatment.

Posted April 08, 2011
I thank this school for showing me just how much the human race has devolved. From allowing the students to fail, to practically allowing the students to ditch without recuperations, it allowed me to achieve a basic in all of my CST tests. It's an overall unsatisfying school; I would recommend CI, which not only has excellent teachers, but has a more loving atmosphere, spirit and excitement.

Posted May 15, 2010
What a truly unprofessional staff and complete lack of follow through or care. Report cards missing grades, online tracking not enforced, teachers don't return calls, staff seems to think your bothering them, etc... No positive points, my son will no longer attend. Close it and use the savings for schools that show potential for educating children and care to do so. By the way, we live in the USA, not Mexico. We speak English, and if you don't, learn it. Parent briefs given in Spanish first? Just perpetuates the problem and do you really think you've improved the school by doing that?

Hueneme High School 5

Posted December 02, 2009
it is a great school especially the couselors they are really good with the students.mrs lopez has helped me out a lot i recently graduaded and i still call her for counceling

Posted January 07, 2009

Posted June 04, 2008
This school is truly a disappointment in any way, shape, and form - this is not a pessimistic view of the school, rather it is pretty optimistic. Lack of discipline, lack of training, and no support from either the faculty or the community, this school forced me to educate myself than to depend on the 'trained' educators in the school. I will thank you Hueneme for showing me the patience and commitment of a two year old on a sugar rush.

Hueneme High School
500 West Bard Road, Oxnard, CA  93033
Last modified Hueneme High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hueneme High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top