Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

If a student is slacking of the teacher makes it clear and I quote " just drop out already instead of wasting other students time, I dont care if u learn or not I get paid regardless" or from another teacher " I love my job I dont even have to teach its just a big daycare I would play movies every day if I was allowed too if a kid learns its just a good for you"

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers here dont teach you go to a class look on the board usually it says read page answer questions

Amount of homework: Agree

They do not really leave homework it's what ever you dont finish in class is homework

If your child is interested in advanced courses, the teachers are exceptional. If your child is interested in the IB Diploma, this is one of two schools in the county that offer it (Newbury High being the second). Rio Mesa has also been named as having one of the best athletic programs. Don't overlook this school purely on API scores as the mix of students bring the number down. We have 3 children who have attended this school.

I attended this school and it was okay, i was treated poorly by almost all of the staff and was almost always talked down upon, Only 2 teachers actually Taught me and spent the time to teach their students, My guidance counseler was Mrs.F*****ck and she was the most unhelpful, irresponsible, coniving, apathetic, imbellic, prejudice, uneducated, rude,difficult,invidious, rotten, untrustworthy person I have ever met. She had such a bad attitude and gave me the opposite information she was giving the students whom lived in big houses, with nice cars and lots of money in their familys bank accounts. Remove her and bring someone new to that school who actually GUIDES the students in a good direction, and ALL students not just the IB my dad drives a BMW my mom eats bon bons all day and watches GLEE at night cause we're wealthy and have nothing else to worry about. Thanks

Its one of the smallest in the district but the most diverse and always competitive in academics, sports and the arts.

We have been very impressed with Rio Mesa. Our son is a sophomore this year and likes it as well. He is an honor student and very active in sports. The sports programs are wonderful and the teachers are fabulous.

My daughter is a Freshman here and we are very impressed. The school's culture is second to none. These students will be movers and shakers! They are involved in their school and in their community. The sports teams have a rich history of success. With the addition of the International Baccaleureate program, this is a well-rounded high school program whose crowning jewel is its diversity.

Rio Mesa provides an excellent, warm. welcoming, fun enviroment. It is a school with diversity. It is also a very safe enviroment and full of great teachers. I LOVE Rio Mesa High School.

Outstanding High School! With a background in Safety, Security/AT, Disaster Preparedness, Management as an evaluator and Professor at the Graduate Level - I have been very impressed. I have independently 'surveyed' the school during numerous functions at varying times of day and night. The School spirit and pride shown by students and staff, as well as the respect shown to each other, is the highest I have ever seen. Academic programs and teaching/coaching staff are outstanding. Any complaints made by parents, I would suggest to them that they might look in the mirror. Schools are not the only factor in the equation for student academic performance and learning. No matter how good a program is, parental involvement is a key to success for any student at any grade level. Our city students utilize two high schools based on residence location and I'm glad this is ours.

Last modified Rio Mesa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.