Oxnard, CA
Students enrolled: 2,034

Posted April 11, 2014
If your child is interested in advanced courses, the teachers are exceptional. If your child is interested in the IB Diploma, this is one of two schools in the county that offer it (Newbury High being the second). Rio Mesa has also been named as having one of the best athletic programs. Don't overlook this school purely on API scores as the mix of students bring the number down. We have 3 children who have attended this school.

Rio Mesa High School 2

Posted September 27, 2010
I attended this school and it was okay, i was treated poorly by almost all of the staff and was almost always talked down upon, Only 2 teachers actually Taught me and spent the time to teach their students, My guidance counseler was Mrs.F*****ck and she was the most unhelpful, irresponsible, coniving, apathetic, imbellic, prejudice, uneducated, rude,difficult,invidious, rotten, untrustworthy person I have ever met. She had such a bad attitude and gave me the opposite information she was giving the students whom lived in big houses, with nice cars and lots of money in their familys bank accounts. Remove her and bring someone new to that school who actually GUIDES the students in a good direction, and ALL students not just the IB my dad drives a BMW my mom eats bon bons all day and watches GLEE at night cause we're wealthy and have nothing else to worry about. Thanks

Rio Mesa High School 3

Posted March 26, 2010

Rio Mesa High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Its one of the smallest in the district but the most diverse and always competitive in academics, sports and the arts.

Rio Mesa High School 0

Posted September 04, 2009
We have been very impressed with Rio Mesa. Our son is a sophomore this year and likes it as well. He is an honor student and very active in sports. The sports programs are wonderful and the teachers are fabulous.

Rio Mesa High School 1

Posted August 21, 2009

Rio Mesa High School 4

Posted December 02, 2008
My daughter is a Freshman here and we are very impressed. The school's culture is second to none. These students will be movers and shakers! They are involved in their school and in their community. The sports teams have a rich history of success. With the addition of the International Baccaleureate program, this is a well-rounded high school program whose crowning jewel is its diversity.

Rio Mesa High School 1

Posted October 23, 2008

Posted October 01, 2008
Rio Mesa provides an excellent, warm. welcoming, fun enviroment. It is a school with diversity. It is also a very safe enviroment and full of great teachers. I LOVE Rio Mesa High School.

Posted May 15, 2008
Outstanding High School! With a background in Safety, Security/AT, Disaster Preparedness, Management as an evaluator and Professor at the Graduate Level - I have been very impressed. I have independently 'surveyed' the school during numerous functions at varying times of day and night. The School spirit and pride shown by students and staff, as well as the respect shown to each other, is the highest I have ever seen. Academic programs and teaching/coaching staff are outstanding. Any complaints made by parents, I would suggest to them that they might look in the mirror. Schools are not the only factor in the equation for student academic performance and learning. No matter how good a program is, parental involvement is a key to success for any student at any grade level. Our city students utilize two high schools based on residence location and I'm glad this is ours.

Rio Mesa High School
545 Central Avenue, Oxnard, CA  93030
Last modified Rio Mesa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Mesa High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top