Oxnard, CA
Students enrolled: 1,070

Posted September 17, 2014
Note to parents: Transfer your kids to better schools. If there aren't any nearby I would strongly consider moving to a county with a far batter school district. Oxnard schools are a joke. I'm sure free iPads for all is a great solution to low test scores... As if my money isn't already being used poorly!

Posted October 22, 2013
My child currently attends Fremont Intermediate. I am extremely disappointed in the curriculum offered at this school. My daughter has been placed in an Algebra readiness course which prepares her for mediocrity in high school. I have tried repeatedly to have her moved into a more advanced math course but have been told that the only Honors or advanced classes are extremely impacted. I look at her coursework in math and think that it is ridiculously easy. The administration is pathetic and continues to structure an education system where racial minorities have fewer opportunities than more affluent children. I now have to prepare my child because the school will not. In order to prepare her for a rigorous college application process she will begin taking college courses during her summer before high school so that she can compete with the rest of her previous cohort in honors courses. The school needs to offer more college preparatory work so that students are not placed in the only two options of honors or standard. Honors being highly impacted. The teachers are great, they do what they can with the support that they are given. Administration needs to reconsider its policies.

Fremont Intermediate School 3

Posted September 18, 2013
I have my last son in Fremont first time in this school not doing very good right now he in is reverse he had a fail grade last year his math teacher told he was doing great with an F. I wanted to pull him out and put him another school my ex talked me into leaving him. Been working with the teachers and him to bring grades up. I well wait this year before making judgment on Fremont middle school.

Fremont Intermediate School 3

Posted March 21, 2012
I think the school is great. The kids are getting a good education. The fights are a real problem. I maybe wrong , but I think there has been at least 10 this year so far. The fights are mostly with the girls. If they could get the fighting under control it would make it an even better school. Ms. Morrison has made so many wonderful changes to the school. The grounds are beautiful.

Fremont Intermediate School 5

Posted September 19, 2011
I've had two children who have gone to Fremont. The school was a very positive Influence on both. My oldest is special needs but grade level or above academically. It Fremont, he could finally attend school without an aide. Fremont also has a great honors program. Both of my children have been enrolled in Honors math, where they were gifted. I have another child coming up. I wouldn't send him anywhere but Fremont.

Fremont Intermediate School 2

Posted May 07, 2010
We need a better principal, like foreals.

Fremont Intermediate School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
In these challenging times, I apprieciate the caring educators and the high level of academics for the students.

Posted March 25, 2010

Fremont Intermediate School 0

Posted December 28, 2009
The school, in itself, is good. But the kids their are terrible from time to time. More then half the class just messes around and talks during class, only one or two even bother to do work. Kids get bullied their alot, and the teachers don't even notice because they're too busy correcting the misbehaving kids. 45 minutes of the classes are spent sending kids to the office. It's a great school, with really nice teachers who try really hard to give us the best educational expeirence possible, but the kids really need an attitude adjustment. The GATE kids are treated like all that's holy there. My favorite teacher was Ms. Nolan, and Mrs. Beardsly. Best teacher's there.

Fremont Intermediate School 5

Posted August 18, 2009
New Principal Mrs. Gibson has made all the difference int he world at the school. Excellent Principal & leadership, excellent GATE teachers and excellent staff. Thanks for providing my daugher with 2 years of great education which has prepared her well for the future

Fremont Intermediate School
1130 North M Street, Oxnard, CA  93030
Last modified Fremont Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fremont Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top