Posted July 22, 2014
The principle a few years ago let a police officer interview my 8 year old son without my permission, nor was I informed of the illegal interview. My son was interrogated about an incident at home, he came home shaking saying, "I think I just got dad sent to prison!" The school should of protected my son from that bully of a cop! Needless to say, she is no longer principle, nor is he still a joke of an officer! My son's father did not go to prison, and I pulled my son from this ridiculous school. Unfortunately my son still fears the law because he no longer sees them as the good guys. This whole staff at this school completely needs to be done away with! They need a fresh set of teachers and staff. But then, so do about every other school in Oxnard!!!

Posted September 09, 2011
Obviously the 5 star ratings given were provided by the same person, the style and grammar in the last two is identical, especially the last two rating. I would bet this individual is a faculty member and did this to ensure the school wasn't at the bottom, which it appears they are.

Posted May 09, 2009

Posted September 30, 2008
I agree with the review posted September 24, 2008. I removed the child from the school and now homeschool through CAVA. What a difference, my child no longer 'fears' learning!

Posted September 24, 2008
I am very upset with this school.Teachers are very inmpatient and mean.My daughter is in the first grade and first year in public school.This should be a wonderful experience but it's not, she does not want to go to school.Staff is very mean and have no patience for children. This should be a nice loving enviroment. Not for us

Posted August 17, 2007
Very few music and art programs available. Parents are rarely involved. Academic programs are aimed at those who are behind and children who are not do not receive much attention. The teachers and staff are very disorganized and slow to respond to any problems.general disrepair and neglect on the school grounds.

Posted July 19, 2005
My daughters have attended Marina West since Kindergarten. They are currently finishing 6th grade. Marina West has provided a safe and nurturing enviornment. The principal is a wonderful leader and the teachers are extraordinary. I am very pleased that they have attended Marina West Elementary.

Posted August 17, 2004
This is a great school. The teachers are committed and the administration is superb.

Posted May 21, 2004
Very organized school. Teachers and adminstrators are very responsive. Staff really cares about kids.

Marina West Elementary School
2501 Carob Street, Oxnard, CA  93035
Last modified Marina West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marina West Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top