Bad
Good

Posted June 12, 2013
I am a parent that is very satisfied with the school services that they are providing to my child. I like the organization of the school, every thing runs smooth. The teachers are great!! very supportive. They have improved with the morning traffic it is not so bad any more. overall a think it is one of the best schools in our area!!

Posted August 19, 2011
My kids are very happy with the school and love their teachers. The school could use some updates as far as cosmetic, but over all I am happy.

Posted February 23, 2010
they teach my kids so so good, I would give them a 10/10 really

Posted June 11, 2009
I went there and everything was in controll. The teacher's are very supportive and care for their students.

Emilie Ritchen Elementary School

Posted June 04, 2008
I currently have a son who attends Ritchen and I have to say the teachers there are wonderful so is their adminatration. Dr.Wesley and staff has helped my son so much on his education in areas he is struggling in.I score this school a ten +. I recommend this school greatly. Parent B.Tepezano

Posted September 13, 2007
My daughter went to this school in kindergarten and we both loved it. We were very fortunate to be assigned to the best kindergarten teacher there... Mrs. Macias. I was very welcomed in volunteering in my daughters class as much as I wanted (which I did). I was also thanked multiple times for my volunteering, which was much appreciated. The principal is stern, but in a good way. Her main focus is education, as well as overall health and well-being. She expects nothing less than the best from all her kids and is an overall great leader to the school. If there was more parent involvement, this school could easily be a 10.

Posted August 07, 2007
It is a really good school and the teachers are great.

Posted September 21, 2006
I'm a parent and a teacher at Ritchen and I Love Our School! Everyone is working very hard to meet the needs of all students. I hope all parents feel comfortable contacting teachers and or our principal if they have any questions, comments, concerns--and yes, complaints. There are some things that I would like to see happen at our school, but our budget and the OSD make some things impossible. Having shared that, I also want to say, 'Let's not focus on the negative and whine about what we can't do. Let's all work together to continue to have the best school in Oxnard.'

Posted September 19, 2006
Great teachers, good support staff (i.e. psychologists, aides, speech and RSP teachers), and a principal with high expectations. General look of the school is a little old and dirty...but it's public education and it's about the best a public school of it's age is going to get. If my children have to go anywhere...I am glad they are there...dirty school and all.

Posted February 08, 2006
The new principal has made a big difference at Ritchen.

Emilie Ritchen Elementary School
2200 Cabrillo Way, Oxnard, CA  93030-3106
Last modified Emilie Ritchen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.