K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We recently had a child graduate and one who still attends. Our high schooler was above average at St. John's and so far is high honors in high school . I think the St. John's education prepared him well, and I prefer the emphasis on fundamentals in their curriculum. They have many extracurricular programs available- sports, music, and this year coding and chess club. Our kids have great telationships with many of the teachers, who they will likely have fond memories. They are a Lutheran school, but not heavy handed and welcoming to all varieties and levels of faith. Our experience has been great.

This school does not represent the values that a christian should have. Kids are bullied by instructors. A staff during Eagle Day Care kicked a child's chair and made inappropriate comment. Other instructor do not give children the comfort to ask questions and has belittled students and have left crying. Many parents are leaving because their concerns are not being heard. This coming year they do not have a principle but the staff will share the duties. Population of students has dropped

I had my 2 girls at this school for the last three years. We tried both public and other private schools in Oxnard area and clearly St. John s was a better choice. Public schools were total failures. Yes they have spurts of drama that one will find in any organization but clearly overshadowed by the dedicated staff. The only shortcoming they have is they don t offer 9th grade.

St. John's is an excellent school and has been teaching students for over 56 years. My husband attended this school, my two sons, as well as one of my daughter-in-laws, attended this school and now my three grandchildren attend there also. I believe they have received the best possible education in a Christ-centered environment. The test scores are way above the normal grade levels. Many, many of the students have gone on to be the Valedictorian or Salutatorian of their High Schools. The teachers are very dedicated and go above and beyond to help their students. The school also has computer insturction, band, orchestra, two choirs and various sports programs. If you are looking for the best for your child please consider St. John's.

our childrens test scores are testament to just how good the education at St. Johns is if the parents are willing to do their part at home. Yes, they do a lot of fundraising but seeing as they have one of the lowest tuitions in the area for a top notch education it's well worth it. The upper grades Curriculum is nothing to sneeze at, the kids really have to work their butt's off to do well, but every report I've heard from students that went on to high school is that it was well worth it.

We welcome parents to come and view our school as they look for the right place for their child. As a small school we strive to serve each individual. If conflict occurs, we do our best to listen and work with all parties to resolve the problem. We appreciate all the help parents give as they support our school. Fundraising is an opportunity not an obligation.

You have some excellent teachers who are there to help the kids and you have other teachers who are controlling, manipulative bullies. Parents pay for a private school and therefore parents expect more. If there is an issue don't make excuses create a solution that everyone agrees on and enforce it. Fundraisers-they're always asking the parents to give. When I think they should ask the community. Parents don't have the money to keep giving.

The staff all needs to get on the same page with policies. If there is a dress code for students, the staff should follow one too. Paying for a private school education should not mean my child needs to be tutored on the side. Upper grades needs to be revamped and get up to par. The extras at this school are wonderful, ie. music and computers. My child comes home and teaches me things on the computer I didn't know existed.

We completed our first year at St. Johns, and so far we are very pleased. Although our teacher was young, she was very enthusiastic and really went the extra mile to do extra and devise individual strategies. The facilities and parents are great. Our child is really in a great class with great kids.

Great Elementery program, horrible Jr High. Lazy teachers that teach the bare minumum. I practically home schooled my son. Tons of homework. Poor administration.

Last modified St. John's Lutheran is a Private school that serves grades K-8