Posted August 25, 2014
Overall I have been happy with the education my kids have gotten at Forest Grove. The teachers are what makes this school the success it is. The majority of the teachers really care about the students and it is apparent. On the other hand, the administration is very unorganized and does not provide the teachers with what they need to truly make them shine. Communication is horrible and last minute if it happens. You will be horrified by the registration process. The school could be so much more successful with better organization and effective planning by the administration. They really need to go and visit other schools out of the area and see how other schools function, get out of the bubble for a bit. Technology is extremely poor here and it gets worse every year; they need to catch up quickly or the students will continue to fall behind on both a state and national level.

Posted August 02, 2013
I really like Forest Grove and my children love it. For the most part I feel the school really tries to help students. My only complaint is the way they assign instructional aides. The district has a contract with an outside organization and I don't think the organization always puts the needs of the children first. I like that my children have physical education everyday. They go to the computer lab at least once a week (full time computer teacher). They also have music on a weekly basis. I love that this school has so many of the things other schools are eliminating because of budgets. Overall, I'm very happy with the education my children receive from Forest Grove. It is a good school in a great small town.

Forest Grove Elementary School 2

Posted July 07, 2013
This school would be wonderful if you grew up around here and are made of money. New families are welcomed but then when the children are having problems adjusting everyone turns their backs. Nobody wants to help.

Posted May 19, 2011
This is a wonderful little school in a sweet family friendly town. We are a military family that moved here last summer, and I researched schools before we came here. I saw that the Monterey schools had low ratings and were overcrowded. But the Pacific Grove schools were much better, so we decided to live in Pacific Grove. The teachers are fabulous and there is a huge amount of parent involvement. Lots of fun field trips and community events. The only downfall is the fact that there is no Art in the budget, but just a few "Art Docent" lessons (parent volunteers) a year. Music is huge, with 5th grade band and orchestra lessons and fancy recitals. If only Art was this important, very dissapointed with this.

Forest Grove Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The most beautiful elementary school, surrounded with forest and often visited by the local deer.

Posted March 08, 2006

Posted January 13, 2006
The quality of the acedemic programs at Forest Grove is high. Sometimes feels like it may be too much for the kids, but it really keeps them up to par with what they need to be learning. My son has learned so much, sometimes its difficult to get it all done, but we do it and he prospers.So no complaints!They have a music program that is funded by the PTA.Most kids meet weekly and love it!The art docent program is taught by parent volunteers and is wonderful!The school is very good about sending info home about local sports and extracurricular activity choices, (science,spanish etc)they all cost money.Parental involvement is awesome at Forest Grove and I believe it makes a huge difference!My son and our family love the school and would recommend it anyone.A great education and socialization! Principal is new, but seems to be leading well.

Posted August 19, 2005
Forest Grove is an excellent school. My daughter has been attending since kindergarten and has had a wonderful learning expererience. She is one of the top students and got involved this yeat with G.A.T.E. (gifted and talented education) This is new this year and has been wonderful in giving her more. The teachers are also giving her more challanges beyond the normal work. Hopefully this year we will get a great principle. We had a new one last year who was getting us in the right direction, but unfortunetly some heath issues came up and she had to retire. I love this school and an excited my youngest will be starting there this year!

Forest Grove Elementary School 3

Posted July 07, 2005
I am happy w/ teaching staff, but not with variety of extra programs offered. My son was in advanced classes in VA, which were wonderful, but these apparently are not offered here?! It makes it frustrating for a child to be held back academically because they have to wait for the other half of the class to 'get it'. He has often complained of being bored with his work and that he doesn't feel challenged. We cannot afford private school in this area, so it would be great if CA would start taking a more active role in placing the more advanced kids in one class. It works. Also, the constantly changing principal issue is a bit discouraging.

Posted November 10, 2004
This school is adequate in helping children meet academic goals. Frankly, based on its test scores I expected more. The curriculum seems uneven, many things seem way too easy for the grade level, others ridiculously difficult. My child was an excellent student at his previous school and is bored with the work. It's one size fits all. The principal seems pleasant and enthusiastic, but she is new to the school so its difficult to assess her effectiveness. The parents are extremely involved and eager to help their kids get the best academic experience possible.

Forest Grove Elementary School
1065 Congress Avenue, Pacific Grove, CA  93950
Last modified Forest Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top