Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The teachers are trying hard and they must be excellent teachers, they are the reason this school is rated as high as it is. Other things in this school seem to be run in a hap-hazard way. The receptionists are rude to parents, I have learned not to ask them a question, I look around for any other adult to ask my question, or sit in the office hoping someone else will walk by. When I have volunteered for PTA events, if we discover that something is needed, they try to trick a new parent into going into the office. If that doesn't work, people start listing the number of times they have had to interact with the front office people, flat out stating that it isn't their turn! Finally someone will break down and go. When I enrolled my child, I came on the first possible day of registration with all of my forms. My child was not assigned a teacher until the morning school started. The receptionist had me check back in daily to get the assignment. I couldn't call, I had to go in and the old principal didn't plan to go over teacher assignments until the morning that school started. That Principal retired and they have a new principal starting next year. I am hopeful for next year!

Overall I have been happy with the education my kids have gotten at Forest Grove. The teachers are what makes this school the success it is. The majority of the teachers really care about the students and it is apparent. On the other hand, the administration is very unorganized and does not provide the teachers with what they need to truly make them shine. Communication is horrible and last minute if it happens. You will be horrified by the registration process. The school could be so much more successful with better organization and effective planning by the administration. They really need to go and visit other schools out of the area and see how other schools function, get out of the bubble for a bit. Technology is extremely poor here and it gets worse every year; they need to catch up quickly or the students will continue to fall behind on both a state and national level.

I really like Forest Grove and my children love it. For the most part I feel the school really tries to help students. My only complaint is the way they assign instructional aides. The district has a contract with an outside organization and I don't think the organization always puts the needs of the children first. I like that my children have physical education everyday. They go to the computer lab at least once a week (full time computer teacher). They also have music on a weekly basis. I love that this school has so many of the things other schools are eliminating because of budgets. Overall, I'm very happy with the education my children receive from Forest Grove. It is a good school in a great small town.

This school would be wonderful if you grew up around here and are made of money. New families are welcomed but then when the children are having problems adjusting everyone turns their backs. Nobody wants to help.

This is a wonderful little school in a sweet family friendly town. We are a military family that moved here last summer, and I researched schools before we came here. I saw that the Monterey schools had low ratings and were overcrowded. But the Pacific Grove schools were much better, so we decided to live in Pacific Grove. The teachers are fabulous and there is a huge amount of parent involvement. Lots of fun field trips and community events. The only downfall is the fact that there is no Art in the budget, but just a few "Art Docent" lessons (parent volunteers) a year. Music is huge, with 5th grade band and orchestra lessons and fancy recitals. If only Art was this important, very dissapointed with this.

The most beautiful elementary school, surrounded with forest and often visited by the local deer.

Last modified Forest Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.