Posted April 02, 2014
I'm not here to rate the school but to offer advice to the student who feels she is not going to be able to attend a unversity. Don't panic about this, you're in the 10th grade and you still have time to catch up. Unfortunately, there will always be teachers who make hasty d cisions simply because you lost concentration. You'll find that there are alot of people like that as you go through life. If your grades are low, you can always take summer classes where you may make them up, perhaps with a teacher who is more caring and concerned. Don't start to panic now, just do your best and find other solutions. Good luck!

Posted March 26, 2014
I currently go to this school and I am in the 10th grade.some of them have helped me understand things I haven't been able to learn before from previous teachers. When I started school last year, about a month into school, I was supposed to be out into Algebra 1, the math class I was put into in the school before palisades, but when I got in they put me in "algebra readiness" which is pre-algebra, I was really mad at this and went to talk to my counselor about it, all she said was I either didn't show up for the placement test or I scored low on the placement test, but I did neither, I have never taken a placement test at Pali and neither was I asked to take one. I'm afraid I won't be able to graduate. his year my teacher had brought down my academic grade (A,B,C,ect.) because I fell asleep in class for a few minutes while she showed us a sample video of a project we will be doing soon. I don't know what to do anymore, I love this school but only the good parts, the rest I just wanna switch to another school who won't mess up my classes and change my grade because of their personal opinion on me.

Posted February 01, 2014
I feel the need to respond to the many posts slamming Pali Math teachers. For starters, MATH IS HARD! Not everyone (possibly even your little genius) is going to be great at higher levels of math. My children (two at Pali) had those teachers everyone warned about. Low and behold, my child experienced that first B in his sophomore year-Oh NO! One of those kids that has to work for every good grade so it was disappointing - he got over it! It would have been easy to blame the teacher, but the truth was, it was just hard. Note to parents: if I just use his small group of friends(from all over LA and diverse ethnically and socioeconomically) as an example - It doesn t appear a B or C ruins lives as they all received early acceptances to some of the top private universities in the country. For those that want to use Pali s scores to support their argument that the Math department is horrible, please look again at those scores and be sure to compare them to other public school choices. Pali isn t perfect but neither are our children. Stop trying to save them from every disappointment-teach them own up and fight through it. Your children just might surprise you.

Palisades Charter High School 2

Posted January 31, 2014
Sending my child to Pali was a huge mistake. It is a beautiful campus, clean, safe and orderly but the academic program is very weak. The Pali Math Dept is notoriously horrible. Over 3 years the pattern is the same:6 teachers per semester - 2 good, 2 bad, 2 just checking the days off the calendar till retirement. My daughter's academic experience has been one of steady decline and the teachers there seem very indifferent to parents and students. I have NEVER received a call from a teacher there, so if you don't closely monitor your child's progress and success - believe me, no one else will! The Principal, Dr Magee, seems oblivious or unconcerned about the lack of academic vigor, and mostly just spurts happy talk about the future.

Palisades Charter High School 2

Posted January 30, 2014
The math department is one of the worst I have ever experienced and they aren't helpful to the student's education.

Palisades Charter High School 5

Posted August 20, 2013
I've never been on the campus nor have I ever met the staff. I am going into the 6th grade; A charter school. My sister went to a different High that she Highly reccemonds, but after seeing videos, reading reviews, and seeing the diversity in this school, I think three years from now palisades will be my choice. I live by car, 2 hours away. But I am very willing to Take, nonetheless but a metro bus just to go to this school! The only thing I'm sorta iffy on is no uniform, because I have worn uniforn since Kindergarten,So i don't have that many like... "Regular" Clothes. But t-shirt and sweats here I come :p! Anyways, I never thought I'd say this but, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL HIGH SCHOOL!

Palisades Charter High School 5

Posted December 11, 2012
I was considering switching my son from Pali to New West this year. I was thinking a smaller school might be better for him. He has enjoyed the Pali social life a bit too much, and his grades have suffered. However, the principal at New West was the rudest I have ever met. I would NEVER put him in that school now. This experience made me appreciate Pali more, and what it has to offer. I love that Pali has a beautiful campus, many sports teams and a real school spirit. It is a true high school experience. Dr. Magee was beyond kind when I first met with her regarding my son's attendance at Pali. She is warm and welcoming and doing a great job. I am more grateful my son is attending Pali after that experience.

Posted December 04, 2012
I have had 2 kids at Pali and currently. There are certainly many positives such as the local and school safety, amazing college ctr., excellent sports program, and involved parents. Teh teacjers ar every hit and miss. The AP and Honors teachers are generally excellent, but the regular classes are sadly inferior. If your child ONLY tales HOnors and Ap, they will be ok and probably achive great things college wise. If they have some regular classes inmath and science in particulr, they will be ill prepared by their teachers and many unmotivated students in those classes. For a public school, it is above average.

Posted October 30, 2012
I have two boys one who graduated Pali and the other in college now. Generally the school is excellent in many areas. I agree that the math department is very weak with poor teachers. Both my sons are science oriented so a weak math department makes everything else difficult. They really need to work on getting better or more motivated math teachers,

Posted September 24, 2012
Pali has many wonderful teachers and a great student body where tolerance and inclusion thrive, positives that should carry a lot of weight. The biggest weakness at Pali is the math department, their test scores speak volumes and illustrate the severity of the problem. The math program emphasizes group learning which could work in theory but is not properly implemented and supported by the teachers. Every (and I mean EVERY) student that I know has a math tutor because they don't get adequate instruction or support from the teachers. Even with tutors, the students still struggle because the tests can be confusing with two different methods being taught to them. In 11th grade my son scored "advanced" in every area of standardized tests but was barely "basic" in math. One day, Pali will have to address these issues and stop sweeping the parent's concerns under the carpet.

Palisades Charter High School
15777 Bowdoin Street, Pacific Palisades, CA  90272
Last modified Palisades Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palisades Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top