Pacifica, CA
Students enrolled: 1,230

Terra Nova High School 1

Posted July 05, 2013
I had planned on transferring my son in for his Freshman year instead of Oceana. Unfortunately one of your teacher's has left a very bitter taste in my mouth during her extreme lapse in mental judgment on the 4th of July when this teacher (graduated in 2007 from SFSU, specializes in mathematics. We won't say any names...) decided to start screaming out of her window at my children enjoying the fireworks the rest of the neighbors were lighting off. Saying "you need to teach your kids to stop being so selfish and shutup". And then after we were all inside around 1030pm and the neighbors were still lighting fireworks, her husband starts screaming at the top of his lungs all sorts of obscenities towards us, in front of my children and she calls the cops on us accusing us of using illegal fireworks when we were inside at the time! She didn't like me correcting the address for her and came storming outside and her husband was right behind her with GOLF CLUBS. YES, IN FRONT OF MY CHILDREN! Her husband then tells me to learn how to use birth control and I told him he should actually leave the house and take a look around before accusations are made. A mental health evaluation is needed.

Terra Nova High School 4

Posted January 08, 2013
Our 3 children have gone to Terra Nova and I have to say that you can get a very good education here. The AP teachers are fabulous. My son's Spanish teacher was dedicated and excellent. Another Spanish teacher was bad, but he is retiring, thank goodness. TN has an impressive array of sports, and there's a sport for everyone, from competitive badminton to water polo to football (which helps pay for the rest of them)! TN also has a competitive Mock Trial team, a consistently award-winning Band, and a Robotics Team which just won First Place in Design, Internationally. Yes, #1 in the world. So, students can choose to party if they want to--there's going to be that choice at any school--or they can get involved with the challenging opportunities that Terra Nova provides. It's really up to them.

Terra Nova High School 5

Posted October 02, 2011
The system for monitoring my student;s grades is great. Thank you for getting it up and running. Also, all six teachers have been great at communication with me.

Terra Nova High School 2

Posted January 18, 2011
Still can't access my son's grades. This makes supervising one's child extremely difficult and frustrating. They also allowed my son to play sports when he had below a 2.0 gpa. Of course, they said this could never happen but it did. Also, communication with the teachers is difficult because of the junk mail filters they have. So, if you want to know anything about your child's education/progress, you're going to have to get the information from your child themself.

Terra Nova High School 1

Posted December 11, 2010
This school is horrible. I went to Terra Nova my freshman year and then I transferred out at the end. Terra Nova is the number one party school in the Bay Area, I feel. Terra Nova's students practically have parties every night, kids show up to class high, drunk, etc. Aside from that, the school's curriculum is desgined for kids that do not wish to excel in life. Terra Nova offers basic education, and nothing more. There are smart students at Terra Nova, sure, but the school itself focuses more on sports than they do academics. So, if you care more about your child's ability to throw a football than their education, then this is just the school for you. I transferred out because I simply was partying too hard, and not getting enough work done. I attend Ocean now, and there is a vast improvement. I am now a senior with a 3.7 GPA, I am motivated about school and life after high school. Even though Oceana pushes me to my limits academically, I am glad they do. Terra Nova is a horrible school that as an ex-student, I really know what it's all about.

Posted October 03, 2009
They manage to help their students at every angle to succeed!

Terra Nova High School 4

Posted September 21, 2009
Responsive to student needs, still offers after-school programs, despite budget issues without compromising other programs, very good sports teams, distiguished GreatSchools high rating, and more....

Posted September 21, 2009
I love the small town feel at a fairly large school, the semse of community and the strong support of the athletic programs

Posted September 21, 2009
My son is really enjoying high school at Terra Nova. He is active socially and is doing well in his classes. He has also taken advantage of the sports programs available and there are lots of them to choose from. It's a great scholl.

Posted September 20, 2009
TN is a great school with lots of wonderful, caring, dedicated staff/faculty and even more enthusiastic, involved students!

Terra Nova High School
1450 Terra Nova Boulevard, Pacifica, CA  94044
Last modified Terra Nova High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terra Nova High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top