Pacifica, CA

Posted October 15, 2013
We love the school although the volunteer hours are quite tremendous. I like the idea of lots of field trips. Indeed, my kids learned a lot from those trips especially overnight trips. However, I agreed with one of the parents' comment that the school should focus more on academics.

Posted August 23, 2013
Great school! Everyone working together to ensure that the kids get the best education and guidance. Field trips provide a wonderful out of class experience for the kids too!

Ocean Shore Elementary School 3

Posted August 08, 2013
Ocean Shore I feel this school is not emphasizing enough on academic. For example, there are too may field trips during school year, and there is not enough decent computers for students. As a result, Math is lagging compare to other schools nearby. This is the time that we need to produce more well prepared math and science students.

Posted June 13, 2013
I love Ocean Shore!!! Parents and teachers work very hard together to make sure our children get the best education. My son look forward going to school because of all field trips and activities. If it wasn't because of the hours the parents put in none of that would be possible! This school is a great school...

Ocean Shore Elementary School 1

Posted January 07, 2011
Reading all these glowing reviews, I get excited about the ideal of what OSS promises all over again. I reviewed this school in 2008 and my opinion is still that OSS still requires a lot of work with regard to character building. The adults at the school from parents to school personnel need a constant reminder that children learn by what we do, not what we say. For example, respect can be taught in very simple, concrete ways. When a child goes hungry, because several adults refused to listen and dismissed that child, it is neither nurturing nor respectful. Tolerance and compassion are hallmarks of COMMUNITY. Sadly, we have not experienced the community, collaboration and sharing that is so often mentioned here. We do so wish that other families would reach out to each other with sincerity. Once again, I hope OSS adults will take it as a challenge to act on rather than a personal attack.

Posted April 24, 2010
An excellent example of and an ideal school environment - with teachers, parents, students and administrators !

Posted April 24, 2010
A community of dedicated teachers, students, parents and administrators.

Posted April 19, 2010
The commitment and dedication of the teachers to help their students be the best they can be in all areas.

Posted September 28, 2009
Ocean Shore is a wonderful school. Our children are enriched with all types of learning tools rangeing from typical class lessons to hand-on learning so that everyone can truely succeed.

Posted September 28, 2009
Wow, what a community! Families helping out in the classroom, kids getting core curricullum supplemented by the talents of all those parent volunteers.

Ocean Shore Elementary School
411 Oceana Boulevard, Pacifica, CA  94044
Last modified Ocean Shore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean Shore Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 117 reviews. Top