Good Shepherd Elementary School

Private | K-8

Living in Pacifica

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $453,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,840.

Sweep tile

Posted August 12, 2013

This is a school that educates the whole child. Children learn to respect themselves and others. It is a K-8 school with small class sizes. Students round out their basic subjects with music, computer, physical education, Spanish, library, band and religion. You do not need to be Catholic to attend but a Christian philosophy is followed. The faculty has many years of experience and credentials. Families participate and there is a genuine sense of community! It is the most scenic school on the coastside, situated about 10 minutes from SFO.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 4, 2013

The top stars of this school is the Technology, Science, Math and Speech departments. The music department is also outstanding. Visit this school & enroll your child, you won't be disappointed.

Posted June 9, 2010

Good Shepherd school was the best decision and has made a positive impact to my son. Wonderful teachers and they care. The principal and administrationare fantastic as well. I would recomand this school to everyone. Small investment to pay for a fantastic academic program for your child.

Posted March 21, 2010

My wife was the toughest critic when my son entered kindergarden and my daughter 19 months apart about to enter the following year. This, especially since our only choice in the public school lottery (Vallemar) was selected. My wife, an asian immigrant, with a college degree is now convinced Good Shepherd School was the right decision and has made a positive impact towards our children. The school has offered discipline, love, respect and academics to our children and family. Great kindergarden and first grade teachers so far. The principal and administration are professional and set the standard.

Posted September 7, 2009

Good Shepherd School is a top-notch in education as well as providing children manners and respect -- nurturing well-rounded children.

Posted October 2, 2008

Wonderful teachers and admin staff; very committed to higher education and children; loving and sincere environment; instills fantastic religious foundation; promotes the best of each child as an individual. High parental involvement. Good Shepherd is head and shoulders above the rest. Happy 40th Anniversary Good Shepherd!

Posted July 10, 2008

I just graduated from the 8th grade as the member of the Class of 2008. Good Shepherd is a wonderful school. I love the teachers, and the principal. I had a very, very positive experience there. I would recommend this school to everyone. They really care about you at Good Shepherd. Houston Garcia '08
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 30, 2007

Good Shepherd Elementary has enriched our children in academics, sports, community, spiritually, and much more. We as parents are very involved in fundraising events, because we love Good Shepherd Elementary. Our children are very very happy at their school.

Posted June 6, 2006

My daughter has attended Good Shepeherd school for 3 years. Unfortunately due to our move we have to swith school. Good Shepeherd is a very good school with a very friendly and helpful staff. It is a pretty diverse crowd which to me is very important.

Posted May 26, 2006

Quality of academic programs is oustanding - instructors and staff are very committed though response to issues with poor performing instructors were damaging to morale Availability of extracurricular activities were great Level of parent involvement is phenomenal but a lot of pressure on working parents to participate in fundraising - money, money, money, on top of tuition - too much to keep up with or live up to realistically.

Posted February 21, 2006

My daughter just started kindergarten and loves it. I volunteer 2 hours/week and get a first hand view of what goes on. We've been very pleased with the academics as well as the religious education. We would highly recommend this school.

Posted November 1, 2005

My children attend Good Shepherd. I am very pleased with the academic program. There is a great deal of parent involvement. The parents at this school help to make this such a great community for our children.

Posted October 16, 2005

I went to Good Shepherd for middle school. I was ahead of my class when I transferred to a public high school. Good Shepherd definetly put me ahead of the rest.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 15, 2005

Good Shepherd School is more of a community than a educational building. The teachers are extremely qualified and very interested in giving each child the type of education they deserve. As an alumni of the school, I can say that I learned some of my most basic and necessary skills from Good Shepherd. The faculty works closely with parents and other parishers to make Good Shepherd the school it is today.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 16, 2005

A great learning environment with teachers who care. A bit too much on the community and event donations, but children are happy, safe and getting top notch education!

Ethnicity This school
Black 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of San Francisco

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

909 Oceana Boulevard