K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The approach Ms. Casas (elementary school principle) takes with our son is loving yet firm. She works with teachers and parents to focus on positive outcomes.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a strength at Alma Heights. They support the children as they learn to be great little people!

The small class size means our children are getting individualized attention, as well as loving encouragement and discipline. We have one in 2nd grade and one in kindergarten - both are very different when it comes to school - yet each is getting what he needs to succeed academically, socially, and spiritually. We aren't religious, and Alma Heights has a strong Christian approach. We weren't sure that was going to fit our family, but it's something we are 100% supportive of as parents, because our children are learning to be kind, conscientious, trustworthy, and helpful little guys. I can't say enough positive things about Alma Heights.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

One of my children was struggling with focus issues. We got together as a team and help to work through his issues. Principal and all of his teachers kept me updated and made it a point to give him extra encouragement . He is doing so much better now!

It is such a safe environment ! My kids have gone there since K. They are in 8th, 6th , and 3rd. In all their years there, there has not been one instance of bullying!

This is a great school, small and cozy, good teacher student ratio, strong faith based teachings, strong academics, and in a very loving and nurturing environment. Our daughter was "sad" when she had to go on Summer holidays because she is loving to go to school that much! The nurturing teaching had instilled in her young minds to show respect and be kind to others. Academically, it is solid and not over-bearing. The overall education is well balanced. Administrators are receptive to parents participation and volunteering. The school is not perfect but it is opened to ideas and discussions. For instance, there is on-going initiative to integrate more technology element in the classroom and curriculum. All in all, if you want your child to have good moral foundation, in faith, in sound academic learning, with good peer influence and strong friendships...this school is worth at least worth a visit for you and your child to explore. Our family loves it, and we think many other families do too.

I am surprised at the handful of 5 star reviews. It is what it is, only a handful of them because the school is very small. I think retention is low because of the general atmosphere of the school. Also, most of the people that run the school ( own the school), and attend the school. It is a small family business and all they care about is their interest not really the individual. The school lacks diversity, as it is mostly made up of international students from China. The first person you will interact will probably be David Gross, who is not qualified in character/personality to be the principal of any school. I would say its safe to assume that he is principal because his father before him founded the school. I say this because he has a very lax approach in matters of respect and the importance of teaching kids about consequences. My kid got hit 7 times, by different kids thorough the school year---very serious injuries, one culminating on trauma to the neck. And his approach was to ignore the situation, ignore me and not validate my concern for my kids safety in the school. Attitude reflects leadership could never be more true.

The School is so bad! I have submitted application in Jan 2014 for Fall 2014. However, after I have submitted for over 1 months, the school never gave any news to me and did anything, In this week, I found the school have not space yet in last month. I request to return my application fee, but the school said they had to keep the application fee! This acts is completely deceived!!! If you haven't got any space, Why do you still to receive application?!

This school prepares its students to succeed academically, physically, and spiritually. It is filled with great teachers and placed in a beautiful environment. Our children enjoy this school and immensely. It is not just a school, it is a family community.

Alma Heights is a wonderful school environment for my high school students. I especially love the diverse student population and faculty. My kids have a bigger understanding of the international community by attending school with students from around the globe, Ghana, South Korea, Mongolia, Taiwan, Brazil, and many more more! The school is a loving and inclusive environment for all students. Alma Heights has a heart for God and a heart for their students. Excellent faculty members challenge my students academically and they are accredited by Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Alma Heights achieved accreditation with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).

Last modified Alma Heights Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-12